Author Topic: U2 will be performing at 13th annual MusiCares MAP Fund benefit concert  (Read 857 times)

Offline OnlyU2

• Acrobat
U2 will be performing at this year's 13th annual MusiCares MAP Fund benefit concert, at which the band's bass player, Adam Clayton, is being honored.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

While we already knew Clayton would be receiving the Stevie Ray Vaughan Award at the event, in recognition of his support of the MusiCares MAP Fund, as well as his general dedication to helping people with addiction issues. Now it's been announced that the whole band will show up to play a set at the fundraiser.

The show takes place at the 2,100-seat PlayStation Theater in New York on June 26.

It is a fundraiser, so tickets are pricey, with "VIP Living Room Sets" that seat 10 going for $15,000 and VIP floor seats selling for $1,500.  But there is upper balcony seating available at a more affordable $500, and balcony seating is available through AXS.com for $75 per person.

But it's all for a good cause. All proceeds raised by the event will go toward the MusiCares MAP Fund, which provides members of the music community with addiction recovery resources.

As previously reported, The Lumineers, who are opening for U2 on the band's Joshua Tree tour, also will perform.  Additional performers include soul singer Macy Gray, among others.

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
I had a feeling they would so it's nice that they finally announced it. I'm really hoping for speeches or something from the band during the concert.

Offline U2Fan

• Refugee
  • Everything in the f****** hotel is brown.
Did anyone from this forum win the U2.com lottery to go to this show in NYC?

Offline skelter

• Running to Stand Still
  • Drowning is no sin
Did anyone from this forum win the U2.com lottery to go to this show in NYC?

Probably no one here. I hope some decent quality youtube vids surface. I don't expect the richy-rich fundraiser attendees to upload anything to youtube, and MusiCares certainly won't even show snippets of the band's performance.

So thrilled for Adam to finally have his moment.

I'm sure Bono will gush about Adam's turnaround while singing. I bet there won't be time allotted for Edge or Larry to say anything. Wonder if Adam himself will say anything during the concert.

Offline skelter

• Running to Stand Still
  • Drowning is no sin
My bet is:
-Beautiful Day,
-One,
-One Tree Hill (lower probability)

2 of these 3 songs will be played  ;D

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
  • 2017 Concerts: Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit
I'm pretty sure tickets could be purchased for this benefit for around $80. I looked it up on the site and they seemed to have tickets as recently as a couple weeks ago. So I don't think this will be one of those "rich people only" events.

Offline monopoly

• Numb
Setlist?

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
Setlist?

Cartoon World

I'm Not Your Baby (featuring We've got a Fuzzbox and We're Gonna Use It)

Acrobat (Acapella)

Offline Mr. Sarajevo 20

• Headache in a Suitcase
I wonder if the line runners were able to get a table near the front of the stage?

Offline Kmama07

• Numb
  • She is everywhere and no place
I wonder if the line runners were able to get a table near the front of the stage?
Hahahahahahahaha!!!!