Author Topic: Red Zone  (Read 1127 times)

Offline julez728

• Wanderer
Re: Red Zone
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2017, 06:20:09 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'm just curious--why line up so early if you've got RZ tickets?

Yesterday the line started at 9am! Even in redzone people get there early and you get a sharpe number on your hand upon arrival because when the check in begins people can get ugly! If you are hell bent on a specific rail spot, u better arrive early...

I will say it was very organized and civilized upon entering...a pleasant surprise...

Unfortunately, the people who run GA have started a lineup process for RZ also in every city. The first person has usually been there at 7 am with numbers reaching 30 around 2-3 PM

I had RZ in Louisville and got there about 3:30 with check-in at 4:00.  Someone had started a list and was assigning numbers, which was around 45 when I got there.  I didn't add my name to the list and ended up two people deep next to the tree stage.  I had a good view for the first few songs and had to battle the camera boom on and off for the remainder of the show, which was a little annoying, but I made the best of it.  :)

Offline indiansummer

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2017, 12:45:16 PM »
The list people for the freakin RZ, one of the points of buying RZ is so you don't queue for a great spot...WTF ??
Shame we can't ban these listmakers from all shows.....the line starts when the venue lets you and you stand in line until the gates open........simple !!

monopoly

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2017, 01:21:14 PM »
The list people for the freakin RZ, one of the points of buying RZ is so you don't queue for a great spot...WTF ??
Shame we can't ban these listmakers from all shows.....the line starts when the venue lets you and you stand in line until the gates open........simple !!

Yes I too am shocked. I went to the RZ gate and was happy to see no one was there. Then people approached me asking if I was RZ, saying they have a list, relocated the "line" themselves,  and it's mandatory I join. By then it was 20 people and I really didn't feel like getting into it. Still got my rail spot, where I wanted though.

Offline u2fanaticforever

• Babyface
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2017, 04:09:44 PM »
that is frustrating as I purposely got these tickets to avoid the craziness of GA (if I want a good spot).  So while we can't pick up Red Zone tickets until 4pm, I may try to get there a couple of hours earlier if I can (I fly in, so can't go in the morning) and see what's going on... and see if I an locate those "line" list people though I really have no tolerance and may just ignore them, and not listen to what they have to say.  I do want a spot by the rail at the tree, so fingers crossed!

Offline julez728

• Wanderer
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2017, 06:12:45 PM »
that is frustrating as I purposely got these tickets to avoid the craziness of GA (if I want a good spot).  So while we can't pick up Red Zone tickets until 4pm, I may try to get there a couple of hours earlier if I can (I fly in, so can't go in the morning) and see what's going on... and see if I an locate those "line" list people though I really have no tolerance and may just ignore them, and not listen to what they have to say.  I do want a spot by the rail at the tree, so fingers crossed!

I've heard the venue is not recognizing the GA list started yesterday by fans and is doing a first come first serve thing. I would hope that would be the same with RZ.  Good luck and have fun.

Offline opening night

• Wanderer
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2017, 11:31:04 PM »
You need fan numbers, more fore GA though.

It's too easy saying "line starts when venue allows it". Venue doesn't care about fans. How do you handle a mass of people who all want a wristband at the same time? It doesn't work. You need a line before you give away those wristbands. So the fan numbers support that those who waited the longest get a wristband first and enter the venue first. I call that fair!

monopoly

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2017, 11:48:58 PM »
You need fan numbers, more fore GA though.

It's too easy saying "line starts when venue allows it". Venue doesn't care about fans. How do you handle a mass of people who all want a wristband at the same time? It doesn't work. You need a line before you give away those wristbands. So the fan numbers support that those who waited the longest get a wristband first and enter the venue first. I call that fair!

Well all other acts are capable of doing it so I don't understand why u2 can't. Fan numbers do not support those who "waited". It's controlled by the same people at every show. And not every ticket holder is aware of fan lines held at a donut shop 5 miles away. If there are slim gates that force people to be in single file order, I don't see chaos happening.
of course arguing will happen, so venue security should be there to help out.

^ im referring to GA in this.

So far for RZ, the numbers thing stops around 50. If 50 people can't line up and act civilized well then I'm lost for words. It hasn't been a mad rush at 7 am at all, rather people show up continuosusly over several hours.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 11:51:30 PM by monopoly »

Offline u2fanaticforever

• Babyface
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2017, 02:09:08 PM »
Just had my Red Zone experience in Cleveland - it was amazing.  I flew in that day so I swung by the Red Zone tent around 1:30pm from the airport and there was a clip board with a list on it, with the Red Zone workers, and I signed in, number 23.  That said, when we went back at 3:45, it was only abut 75 people signed in.  I was able to get the exact spot I wanted on the rail right at the tree, where it meets GA.  It was amazing and to my surprise the main stage wasn't as far away as I thought it would be, and the boom was barely an issue.  Exceeded my expectations after seeing the not so great aspects of the Red Zone previously (main stag part off to the side, and the boom).