Author Topic: OASIS....I miss this band  (Read 989 times)

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
Re: OASIS....I miss this band
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2017, 10:54:51 PM »
Yeah Caroline Ahern wasn't just the daughter. She wrote it. Incredible talent.

Offline Mark72

• Stateless
  • Modern Life Is Rubbish
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2017, 01:02:06 PM »
I loved the first album, the second album was OK. Their last great song IMO was "Some Might Say" the rest slowly turned into "Dad Rock!" though I did like Shock Of Lightning. But then I was always a blur, Suede and Pulp guy anyway.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Offline ShankAsu

• Child of Grace
  • Can't fight for s---, but sure can take a beating
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2017, 01:33:44 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I loved the first album, the second album was OK. Their last great song IMO was "Some Might Say" the rest slowly turned into "Dad Rock!" though I did like Shock Of Lightning. But then I was always a blur, Suede and Pulp guy anyway.

Dad rock? That's what i think of Springsteen, not Oasis.  For me after Be Here Now they actually dropped the pop act and became a true rock band and got more gritty and I loved it.  Oasis- Liam and Noel were true rock stars.

Offline Mark72

• Stateless
  • Modern Life Is Rubbish
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2017, 01:38:22 PM »

Dad rock? That's what i think of Springsteen, not Oasis.  For me after Be Here Now they actually dropped the pop act and became a true rock band and got more gritty and I loved it.  Oasis- Liam and Noel were true rock stars.
Be Here Now was disappointing same old. Last time I saw them it was Wembley 2000 and it was a shambles of a performance. Totally lost interest after that.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 02:03:40 PM by Mark72 »

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2017, 04:08:31 PM »

yea the only album of theres i'm not mad fer is Heathen Chem.

great band till the end!

Offline 73October

• Numb
  • Joy is an act of defiance
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2017, 10:59:09 AM »
Here's my chip in -

Having seen Noel Gallagher live over the weekend for the first time, having never seen Oasis live, I just got a hunch that Noel is better on his own without 'our kid'.  He's only 7 years younger than Bono, yet his musicianship is further behind due to the time spent disagreeing with Liam.  Noel will only keep maturing as a late developer in terms of songwriting and performing. 

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2017, 11:19:39 AM »
yea the band was way to toxic for their own good. him NOT being in Oasis has reaped amazing benefits

Offline il_capo

• Child of Grace
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2017, 05:31:21 AM »

Be Here Now was disappointing same old. Last time I saw them it was Wembley 2000 and it was a shambles of a performance. Totally lost interest after that.

Was that the show where Liam was a drunken mess moaning about his divorce all night?  It was going out live on TV and Noel was seething.  I was at that one too - a very dramatic concert: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2017, 07:13:46 AM »
Noel live on his own is in my opinion far better than oasis. I liked oasis but live they were as loose as they come.

Liam's singing live is terrible.

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2017, 11:15:43 AM »
ok so this language is VERY NSFW but if you want funny this is funny

Liam as Darth Vader.

Offline ShankAsu

• Child of Grace
  • Can't fight for s---, but sure can take a beating
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2017, 02:00:32 PM »
ha, someone sent me that last week.  thought it was good.

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2017, 05:22:58 PM »
ha, someone sent me that last week.  thought it was good.

i love that they used the funniest line in Supersonic <the doc>

"ill be standing over here lookin cool as eff...."

Offline bfvertigo1

• Wanderer
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2017, 04:56:12 PM »
Wonderwall
 :'(

Offline Rasmus

• Stateless
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2017, 02:49:15 PM »
so i got WTSMG in 95 and found it awful boring. i wanted Smashing Pumpkins or Pearl Jam, not Oasis. So in 09 i decided to revisit it and holy eff....my eyes were opened. i had the rest of the discography in about a month and to this day still buy the CD singles, dl bootleg concerts/pre-DM demos. i love Noel's 2 albums to pieces and he's GREAT as a frontman and lead singer. Beady Eye isn't for me. If Noel isn't writing Liam's songs i'm not interested.

rank em? rank em.
1. WTSMG
2. DM
3. Masterplan
4. BHN
5. NGHFB
6. DOYS
7. SOTSOG
8. Chasing Yesterday
9. HC
10. DBTT

1. DM
2. WTSMG
3. BHN
4. Masterplan
5. Chasing Yesterday
6. NGHFB
7. SOTSOG
8. DOYS
9. DBTT
10. HC

I always found Be Here Now very underrated. I was 14 when it came out and the madness about it was just the thing I craved at that time ;D. SOTSOG has some great songs but should probably have been an EP which would be amazing without the fillers. I'm also quite a fan of Noels two solo albums and I like that he is evolving his sound on the latest one.

Offline World71R

• Refugee
  • It's no secret ambition bites the nails of success
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2017, 10:58:02 PM »
so i got WTSMG in 95 and found it awful boring. i wanted Smashing Pumpkins or Pearl Jam, not Oasis. So in 09 i decided to revisit it and holy eff....my eyes were opened. i had the rest of the discography in about a month and to this day still buy the CD singles, dl bootleg concerts/pre-DM demos. i love Noel's 2 albums to pieces and he's GREAT as a frontman and lead singer. Beady Eye isn't for me. If Noel isn't writing Liam's songs i'm not interested.

rank em? rank em.
1. WTSMG
2. DM
3. Masterplan
4. BHN
5. NGHFB
6. DOYS
7. SOTSOG
8. Chasing Yesterday
9. HC
10. DBTT

1. DM
2. WTSMG
3. BHN
4. Masterplan
5. Chasing Yesterday
6. NGHFB
7. SOTSOG
8. DOYS
9. DBTT
10. HC

I always found Be Here Now very underrated. I was 14 when it came out and the madness about it was just the thing I craved at that time ;D. SOTSOG has some great songs but should probably have been an EP which would be amazing without the fillers. I'm also quite a fan of Noels two solo albums and I like that he is evolving his sound on the latest one.

Totally agreed with what you're saying. I think his third solo album (which is hopefully coming soon!) will be his breakthrough, so that should be exciting. Getting to the rating though:

1. MG
2. DM
3. TM
4. BHN
5. CY
6. NGHFB
7. DBTT
8. SOTSOG
9. DOYS
10. HC

The first four are the epitome of what Oasis/Noel is all about, but then the next two are good collections of songs that showed Noel's strengths as a solo artist. DBTT is very consistent and the songwriting is good there as well (kind of like their HTDAAB except better imo). DOYS and SOTSOG have some strong works on it, but it's just too inconsistent and DOYS especially goes off a cliff towards the end. Lastly, HC is an odd album. Good singles, a couple decent non-singles, and then the rest is just not that good at all. The B-sides are good though (Idler's Dream, Shout it Out Loud, and Heart of a Star are a great trifecta).