Author Topic: OASIS....I miss this band  (Read 469 times)

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
Re: OASIS....I miss this band
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2017, 10:54:51 PM »
Yeah Caroline Ahern wasn't just the daughter. She wrote it. Incredible talent.

Offline Mark72

• Stateless
  • Modern Life Is Rubbish
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2017, 01:02:06 PM »
I loved the first album, the second album was OK. Their last great song IMO was "Some Might Say" the rest slowly turned into "Dad Rock!" though I did like Shock Of Lightning. But then I was always a blur, Suede and Pulp guy anyway.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Offline ShankAsu

• Child of Grace
  • Can't fight for s---, but sure can take a beating
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2017, 01:33:44 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I loved the first album, the second album was OK. Their last great song IMO was "Some Might Say" the rest slowly turned into "Dad Rock!" though I did like Shock Of Lightning. But then I was always a blur, Suede and Pulp guy anyway.

Dad rock? That's what i think of Springsteen, not Oasis.  For me after Be Here Now they actually dropped the pop act and became a true rock band and got more gritty and I loved it.  Oasis- Liam and Noel were true rock stars.

Offline Mark72

• Stateless
  • Modern Life Is Rubbish
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2017, 01:38:22 PM »

Dad rock? That's what i think of Springsteen, not Oasis.  For me after Be Here Now they actually dropped the pop act and became a true rock band and got more gritty and I loved it.  Oasis- Liam and Noel were true rock stars.
Be Here Now was disappointing same old. Last time I saw them it was Wembley 2000 and it was a shambles of a performance. Totally lost interest after that.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 02:03:40 PM by Mark72 »

Online THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2017, 04:08:31 PM »

yea the only album of theres i'm not mad fer is Heathen Chem.

great band till the end!

Offline 73October

• Party Girl/Boy
  • A hurricane being born
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2017, 10:59:09 AM »
Here's my chip in -

Having seen Noel Gallagher live over the weekend for the first time, having never seen Oasis live, I just got a hunch that Noel is better on his own without 'our kid'.  He's only 7 years younger than Bono, yet his musicianship is further behind due to the time spent disagreeing with Liam.  Noel will only keep maturing as a late developer in terms of songwriting and performing. 

Online THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2017, 11:19:39 AM »
yea the band was way to toxic for their own good. him NOT being in Oasis has reaped amazing benefits

Offline il_capo

• Child of Grace
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2017, 05:31:21 AM »

Be Here Now was disappointing same old. Last time I saw them it was Wembley 2000 and it was a shambles of a performance. Totally lost interest after that.

Was that the show where Liam was a drunken mess moaning about his divorce all night?  It was going out live on TV and Noel was seething.  I was at that one too - a very dramatic concert: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2017, 07:13:46 AM »
Noel live on his own is in my opinion far better than oasis. I liked oasis but live they were as loose as they come.

Liam's singing live is terrible.