Author Topic: OASIS....I miss this band  (Read 1834 times)

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
Re: OASIS....I miss this band
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2017, 11:34:09 PM »
what do you mean "his breakthrough" ? i think Oasis was his breakthrough. and i strongly disagree, i think DOYS is a great album and a high point to go out on. i just listened to a DOYS remix album yesterday that was a great companion album.

Offline robgalloway

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2017, 01:13:45 AM »
I grew up with Oasis ... Im from the north and was a teenager in the 90's ... it was U2/Oasis/Pulp for me.

Liam was never the same after he got chinned in Germany and lost his teeth. He's sounded like Kermit the frog ever since.

Noel was always the talented one. Oasis started going a bit shakey when they started letting Liam and the new guys write the songs.

TBH I don't wish for Oasis to get back together because I love the High Flying Byrds. An Oasis reunion would only be a d******* football ladfest anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ShankAsu

• Child of Grace
  • Can't fight for s---, but sure can take a beating
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2017, 10:57:14 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I grew up with Oasis ... Im from the north and was a teenager in the 90's ... it was U2/Oasis/Pulp for me.

Liam was never the same after he got chinned in Germany and lost his teeth. He's sounded like Kermit the frog ever since.

Noel was always the talented one. Oasis started going a bit shakey when they started letting Liam and the new guys write the songs.

TBH I don't wish for Oasis to get back together because I love the High Flying Byrds. An Oasis reunion would only be a d******* football ladfest anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i definitely want to see them get back together. i love the HFB's as well but the first album was written with the intention of being the next Oasis album.  Oasis still has it in them to put out great material. 

Offline World71R

• Refugee
  • It's no secret ambition bites the nails of success
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2017, 12:41:26 PM »
what do you mean "his breakthrough" ? i think Oasis was his breakthrough. and i strongly disagree, i think DOYS is a great album and a high point to go out on. i just listened to a DOYS remix album yesterday that was a great companion album.

His breakthrough, as in something different from his Oasis stuff that sets his solo career in stone, that's what I mean.

I agree that DOYS is very good, but the two before the last track are duds imo and kind of ruin it for me. I wish they had included Boy With the Blues, I Believe in All, and a finished Come On Outside in the final album. That would've been amazing.

Offline ShankAsu

• Child of Grace
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2017, 04:00:52 PM »

His breakthrough, as in something different from his Oasis stuff that sets his solo career in stone, that's what I mean.

I agree that DOYS is very good, but the two before the last track are duds imo and kind of ruin it for me. I wish they had included Boy With the Blues, I Believe in All, and a finished Come On Outside in the final album. That would've been amazing.
I'd like to see another album of B-sides like The Masterplan for the second half of their history.  Great tracks like Heart of A Star deserve to be heard.

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2017, 11:45:28 AM »

Offline ShankAsu

• Child of Grace
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2017, 02:13:09 PM »
whoa, i didn't know he was sitting on a new album. awesome.  maybe he should push the release so that there can be a head on sales competition with Liam's album.

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2017, 02:47:28 PM »
whoa, i didn't know he was sitting on a new album. awesome.  maybe he should push the release so that there can be a head on sales competition with Liam's album.

i think he's being nice by giving Knobhead more time. that preview has me VERY hyped. but i'm a sucker for anything Noel does.

Offline Rasmus

• Refugee
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2017, 02:19:58 AM »

i think he's being nice by giving Knobhead more time. that preview has me VERY hyped. but i'm a sucker for anything Noel does.

From the clip it would seem that he is pushing it further in the more experimental direction that there were hints of on CY. Thats is more than ok by me :)