Author Topic: Who have you seen more than U2? Or, who's your next most frequent artist?  (Read 1175 times)

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
I suspect a lot of us may have seen U2 the most out of anyone--I know I have, currently standing at 13 shows since 1992, hitting every tour at least once since then.

Next up would have to be Depeche Mode, at 8 shows since 1993, and my 9th planned in August.  I've also hit every tour since that time.

Offline imaginary friend

• Airborne Ranger
  • A-B-C, easy as 1-2-3
I've seen U2, Midnight Oil, and Yes 8 times each.

Offline riffraff

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • So, when does the SOE tour start?
In the 70's I saw Loggins and Messina every single show every time they came to Philly. What fun times...

Online ShankAsu

• Child of Grace
  • Can't fight for s---, but sure can take a beating
I've seen Bob Dylan as many times as I've seen U2.  Not sure I'd care to see Dylan again other than the fact that it's been over 10 years since the last time.

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
if you all don't use it, get a free account set up on setlist.fm. it's so great for concert enthusiasts.

U2 6 times <2000-2017>, Weezer 5 <2001-2016>, Smashing Pumpkins 4 <2010-2016>, Kiss 3 <2000-2012> and LOTS of stuff twice.

Offline acrobat62

• Elevated
  • I'm hatching some plot, scheming some scheme
U2 by far and away hold my personal repeat record, but other multiples over the years is a pretty short list.

Genesis 3
Stevie Ray Vaughan 3 (twice as opener, 1 as headliner)
Robert Plant/Plant,Page 3 (not counting Live Aid '85)
Rush 2
Joe Bonamassa 2
Wynton Marsalis 2

Offline 73October

• Numb
  • Joy is an act of defiance
I saw a British indie-folk-rock band by the name of Eden Burning almost 30 times from 1991-1996, when they split up.  They were my U2 fallow years. They reformed once in 2003 for a one-off gig, which I saw.  There were a couple of line up changes in the '90's and the reunion gig included original and replacement members.  I think the drummer badly injured his arm in a motorbike accident in more recent years so can't see any other gigs now.  There is now a US rock band with the same name anyway.

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
if you all don't use it, get a free account set up on setlist.fm. it's so great for concert enthusiasts.

U2 6 times <2000-2017>, Weezer 5 <2001-2016>, Smashing Pumpkins 4 <2010-2016>, Kiss 3 <2000-2012> and LOTS of stuff twice.

I'll definitely do this--I use their site all the time to check setlists, and I'm obsessive enough to have a spreadsheet listing all of the concerts I've seen.  Thanks for the tip.

Offline il_capo

• Child of Grace
Manic Street Preachers I've seen dozens of times.  Pixies I've seen more than U2 as well.

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe

I'll definitely do this--I use their site all the time to check setlists, and I'm obsessive enough to have a spreadsheet listing all of the concerts I've seen.  Thanks for the tip.

yes i have a MASSIVE spreadsheet laid out like this-

Headliner <including any walk on guests like Faith Hill at Tim McGraw or Gwen Stefani with U2>/Date/Venue/Seat/Opener/Day of the week.

i have about 90 shows in the past 20 years and that includes next to NOTHING from 04-09. I saw 9 shows over that 5 year stretch. I usually see more than 9 per year.

and i keep my tickets in this-

« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 01:43:37 PM by THRILLHO »

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
Manic Street Preachers I've seen dozens of times.  Pixies I've seen more than U2 as well.

do you know how many times youve seen pixies? did u see them open on ZooTV?

Offline il_capo

• Child of Grace

do you know how many times youve seen pixies? did u see them open on ZooTV?

I think I've seen the Pixies about 20 times - I am getting bored of seeing them now and don't think I'd go to another show unless Kim rejoins, or I get a cheap ticket.  I didn't see them open on Zoo TV as they only did that in the USA.  I dearly wanted to as the Pixies were my favourite band at the time, so I was sad to miss out.  From what I read the Pixies didn't go down a storm with the U2 audience - many preferred to buy the U2 merchandise rather than sit and hear the support band.  A couple of decades later the drummer Dave Lovering reflected: "The U2 crowd didn’t get it. They came for the spectacle and the Pixies are never about a spectacle."

Offline ZEROpartII

• Staring at the Sun
Steely Dan (3 times) only because my boss was a huge fan and would take us on road trips when I lived in Oregon.  He was a superfan. I liked them too

Offline riffraff

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • So, when does the SOE tour start?
U2 by far and away hold my personal repeat record, but other multiples over the years is a pretty short list.

Genesis 3
Stevie Ray Vaughan 3 (twice as opener, 1 as headliner)
Robert Plant/Plant,Page 3 (not counting Live Aid '85)
Rush 2
Joe Bonamassa 2
Wynton Marsalis 2
Wasn't Stevie Ray wonderful?!!! I saw him in Philly about a million years ago.

Offline Saint1322

• Staring at the Sun
Bruce Springsteen, once solo and 10 times with the ESB is the artist I have seen the most. U2 is second at 8. Bruce has toured WAY more in the last 16 years than U2.