Author Topic: Who have you seen more than U2? Or, who's your next most frequent artist?  (Read 860 times)

Offline NOLA Fly

• Staring at the Sun
  • Feel like trash, You make me feel clean...
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Bruce Springsteen--Once with The Seeger Sessions Band and four times with E Street. I've probably seen Better Than Ezra around the same number.
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o

ok i have to ask. i mean i liked them well enough in the 90s but....are they a local band? or were you a big fan?

You didn't ask me, but I LOVE BTE.

Haha. I expected to be on an island with that one.

Not at all. I used to work with a guy who was friends with one of the members of BTE. He said they are a great bunch of guys.

Kevin has a great voice, and I have heard them make too many U2 references for them to not be big fans. They obviously love REM.

In The Blood is one of the best 90s college rock songs, and I love their cover of Laid.

"In The Blood" is probably still my favorite song of theirs. You're right, it's like the quintessential 90s college rock song.  I'm also kind of a fan of eff-you breakup songs that sound like love songs, of which "Live Again" and "Get You In" are solid ones.

Offline Smee

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Im Eddie and im a Monkey
I have probably seen James as much, if not more than u2

Offline feedback

• Refugee
  • 'Father is an Elephant'
Next frequent artist is Duran Duran.

Offline SwimmingSorrows

• Refugee
  • Some folks are bound for glory, I was Born to Hang
There's a local band called Mulehead that I love and have seen at least 25 times.

Offline Pixie1121

• Wanderer
As of the end of the US Leg TJT tour, I've seen U2 12 times since the Elevation tour. I haven't really counted any other band, but I know Breaking Benjamin is probably a close second. I have a connection from within the band and will go to multiple shows a tour both locally and out of state when my work schedule allows it. Shinedown is another I've seen quite  few times (at least 5 but not more than 10). Zach Myers, the guitar player, is a huge U2 fan and usually covers U2 songs when he does solo shows.

Offline kango

• Desert Rose
  • I know I'm not a hopeless case.
I have probably seen James as much, if not more than u2

When you say 'probably', that suggests you have seen both so many times, you've lost count!

U2 are still the only band I've seen multiple times, not because I wouldn't others, just haven't got round to it. James are actually at the top of my list with PJ Harvey of bands I've seen once that I want to again. Loved that Brixton gig.

Online THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
i have a huge detailed spreadsheet, i could never forget a show bc i've got a written record to avoid that happening

Offline Mark72

• Stateless
  • Modern Life Is Rubbish
Blur 10 shows, Supergrass 4, Oasis 3, Gorillaz 3,

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Offline kango

• Desert Rose

Did you see Supergrass on their Supergrass Is 10 tour? I have fond memories of that and particularly their acoustic section - on a couch I seem to remember. Disappointed they quit as they appeared to have lots of ideas and good music left in them.

Offline Mark72

• Stateless
  • Modern Life Is Rubbish

Did you see Supergrass on their Supergrass Is 10 tour? I have fond memories of that and particularly their acoustic section - on a couch I seem to remember. Disappointed they quit as they appeared to have lots of ideas and good music left in them.
I think I did, I saw them at the very last gig at the old Regal cinema on Cowley Road. Their's and My patch in Oxford. Such a underrated band.

Offline kango

• Desert Rose

I think I did, I saw them at the very last gig at the old Regal cinema on Cowley Road. Their's and My patch in Oxford. Such a underrated band.

Oh we're local. I work in Thame but rarely need to go into Oxford, only really for the O2 Academy - gutted I didn't the PIL gig there. Not been to the Regal.

Offline Marwood

• Wanderer
Seen U2 four times (will be five by next month): Depeche Mode ten times, New Order eight times , The Flaming Lips seven times, Primal Scream six times, Goldfrapp six times and LCD Soundsystem five times.

Online THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
so i guess DM is good in concert? lol seeing em for the first time Sept 22

Offline Rasmus

• Wanderer
For me: Metallica. I've seen them 5 times.

Online THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
For me: Metallica. I've seen them 5 times.

just saw them for the first time and it was GREAT!