Author Topic: U2 -JT2017 - MPS in September  (Read 442 times)

Offline bonosred1

• Babyface
U2 -JT2017 - MPS in September
« on: June 28, 2017, 12:53:45 PM »
Okay, so I wasn't able to use my presale codes for the Minneapolis show in September because I had already used them to go to the Tampa show (to take my siblings - to their first U2 concert). And every time I check online, I keep getting told that GA is sold out. Is that really possible? Am I missing something somewhere? Any chances I can still find a GA or even a RZ ticket or up to 4  somewhere without having to sell a kidney or finance a small country?

I'll be crushed if I don't get the chance to see them again in my own backyard. Yes, I know I can find seats but I really want/need GA. I dance around too much to be seated. ;-)

-Red

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
  • I know that this is not goodbye, my forum friends!
Re: U2 -JT2017 - MPS in September
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 03:08:00 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Okay, so I wasn't able to use my presale codes for the Minneapolis show in September because I had already used them to go to the Tampa show (to take my siblings - to their first U2 concert). And every time I check online, I keep getting told that GA is sold out. Is that really possible? Am I missing something somewhere? Any chances I can still find a GA or even a RZ ticket or up to 4  somewhere without having to sell a kidney or finance a small country?

I'll be crushed if I don't get the chance to see them again in my own backyard. Yes, I know I can find seats but I really want/need GA. I dance around too much to be seated. ;-)

-Red
I don't have an answer to your dilemma, but I will say that even if you end up in a seat, you won't be sitting very much! Who sits once the show starts? Just go...and enjoy!

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
  • We picked the right band
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 03:08:14 PM »
Keep checking, GAs sometimes randomly drop on Ticketmaster. Also, if you are on Facebook, there is a Facebook page called (I think) u2 Joshua Tree 2017 Minneapolis, join it and people eventually will post they have tickets to sell, usually closer to the show when they realize they can't use them. There is also a buy/sell thread in this forum under tours, so post in the Minneapolis thread that you are looking. Good luck!

Offline bonosred1

• Babyface
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2017, 06:03:48 PM »
Thanks Lorijane! I'm on one MPS  JT on FB. I'll look for the buy/sell thread on this forum, too. :-)

riffraff - I've tried seats at U2 before...Elevation tour (everyone was SITTING around me, I know how can you sit?!?!) And almost had me thrown out by security because I wouldn't sit down. The Security guy just laughed and had me go dance by the entrance to the stairs and made my husband promise that if I fell down those stairs - he'd be the one to call EMS not the security guy.

Offline trevgreg

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2017, 06:56:10 PM »
Basically what Lorijane said. Keep an eye on TM every so often and see if something pops up. Or keep an eye on Twitter and the groups to see if there are any tickets coming up or drops happening. A lot of this might happen closer to the show, but from prior experience, it never hurt me to take a look and see if you might get lucky.

And yeah, if worst comes to worse, you can probably score a GA easily if someone has an extra one closer to the day of the show. Then it's just a matter of walking in with them at the same time. When I was going into the venue for the second Chicago show, I saw someone outside asking around if anyone needed an extra GA. So unless you'd be picky about a position in there, there should be options until the very end!

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2017, 07:21:30 PM »
Guarantee a ticket drop about 2 days before the show.

Offline wambui24

• Babyface
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2017, 05:16:38 PM »
Thanks Lorijane! I'm on one MPS  JT on FB. I'll look for the buy/sell thread on this forum, too. :-)

riffraff - I've tried seats at U2 before...Elevation tour (everyone was SITTING around me, I know how can you sit?!?!) And almost had me thrown out by security because I wouldn't sit down. The Security guy just laughed and had me go dance by the entrance to the stairs and made my husband promise that if I fell down those stairs - he'd be the one to call EMS not the security guy.

I was worried about this when I had seats in Vancouver, but I was pleasantly surprised that everyone else around me was standing for pretty much the entire show, too, so my not sitting down wasn't an issue!  Whew!  =)

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
  • I know that this is not goodbye, my forum friends!
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2017, 06:20:00 PM »
Hey, I've got 1st row seats in a nosebleed section, and I'll probably still be standing and dancing around! How can you sit through a U2 show??? I get seats so that I can sit BEFORE the show, not DURING the show, right?

Offline World71R

• Refugee
  • It's no secret ambition bites the nails of success
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2017, 11:27:04 PM »
Hey, I've got 1st row seats in a nosebleed section, and I'll probably still be standing and dancing around! How can you sit through a U2 show??? I get seats so that I can sit BEFORE the show, not DURING the show, right?

Same! I like your thinking :P Where will you be sitting (if I may ask)?

Offline Dedjeloc

• Babyface
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2017, 10:59:23 AM »
Red,
We are shopping tickets for this show and found GA at ticket liquidator.  Not sure if this is a reputable site? Price 161.00 each.

Anyone know about ticket liquidator?

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
  • We picked the right band
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2017, 07:03:49 PM »
I would suggest avoiding ticket resellers. Pretty sure you'll be able to find them for face either through the thread here, ticket drop or Facebook. But I know it's hard to wait.

A guy was posting yesterday on Facebook that the ticket reseller kept putting him off on getting his tickets (GA) and he still didn't have them and was getting nervous, don't know how it ended up. Don't know the reseller site though.