Author Topic: How much more can we expect from U2  (Read 482 times)

Offline Mpanella33

• Stranger in a Strange Land
How much more can we expect from U2
« on: June 29, 2017, 07:47:34 PM »
What's everyone's feelings on U2 and the bands retirement?  I recently attended the Joshua Tree 2017 tour and couldn't help but ask myself how much longer the group could keep up this tour pace. I know there are plans for the Songs of Experience tour in the works, but can we expect many more live performances from the band after that? 

Offline ShankAsu

• Child of Grace
  • Can't fight for s---, but sure can take a beating
Re: How much more can we expect from U2
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 11:13:40 AM »
I put my predictions on another post recently, but i suspect after SOE and the tour that follows it, there will be a long break and semi-retirement for the band without an official announcement and a 'final' album that gets released about 6 or 7 years after that followed by another tour that will continue to grow in scope once it gets started.
I have a feeling that there is a lot of unused/unheard material they have in the vaults and once the band eventually  breaks up, they will make plans to release it all, maybe as a boxed set.  The band will get back together to re-mix some of the tracks and that will lead to recording new mixes and eventually a new album will come out of it, and depending on what kind of shape the boys are in, they will either do a one night only performance that will be broadcast live on pay per view and then sold as a DVD or they will tour it around the world.

Offline 73October

• Numb
  • Joy is an act of defiance
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2017, 11:49:49 AM »
Maybe only U2 and their close entourage know this.  I'd like to think a change in gear to something slightly less exertive as the years go on.  They will be turning 60 soon, but that doesn't mean they could stop playing live.  Maybe more intimate shows.  I honestly don't know, and in some ways I don't want to know as it spoils the adventure that it is to be a U2 fan - you never quite know what they are going to do next.

Offline steve70

• Wanderer
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2017, 09:13:08 AM »
They'll always play and make music as long as all 4 are alive and well. Maybe just do spurts of multiple dates in one venue in big cities like last tour.

Offline Rik

• Babyface
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2017, 10:45:33 AM »
If they continue to make songs like Little Things a little bit longer I am very, very happy.