Author Topic: Twickenham Security  (Read 2235 times)

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
  • Nashville, Montreal 1 & 2
Re: Twickenham Security
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2017, 06:27:41 PM »
They had the JT logo on them.

Offline Dono

• Stateless
  • If I could, I would.....
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2017, 06:10:40 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
They actually were having special theme glasses Tonite for beer drinkers and everyone and their gran were stealing them after the show. Most people had at least 5 each.

They weren't stealing them. You paid 2 for them when buying a beer, then if you left them back you got your 2 back. I can assure you nobody was too bothered that people walked away with 5 cheap plastic glasses that cost a few pence to make. They were handy for refills, but not something you wanted to be carrying the whole way home. They have them at all the rugby matches there too but then are Guinness or Heineken ones.

Offline Marwood

• Stateless
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2017, 08:04:44 AM »
I had no intention of holding onto an empty cup for 2 and a half hours once the show started, I put mine on the ground during Sunday Bloody Sunday, moved closer to the front for NYD then realised I'd left the cup behind, and to be honest couldn't be bothered to go back looking for it, it was a cheap plastic cup, not the Holy Grail. Good luck to the people walking about with big stacks of them, I don't think they'll be able to retire early from what they can get for them on Ebay.

Offline Gavin82

• Refugee
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2017, 08:09:29 AM »
I was there last night security wasn't all that yeah plenty of police & stewards in the roads from Twick town center BUT the searches were terrible just a quick pat & that was it

Offline Volcanogirl

• Elevated
  • The goal is Elevation !
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2017, 09:47:35 AM »
I was there last night security wasn't all that yeah plenty of police & stewards in the roads from Twick town center BUT the searches were terrible just a quick pat & that was it
really? One would say that it must be as tight as a cats bum

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2017, 05:29:18 PM »
I had no intention of holding onto an empty cup for 2 and a half hours once the show started, I put mine on the ground during Sunday Bloody Sunday, moved closer to the front for NYD then realised I'd left the cup behind, and to be honest couldn't be bothered to go back looking for it, it was a cheap plastic cup, not the Holy Grail. Good luck to the people walking about with big stacks of them, I don't think they'll be able to retire early from what they can get for them on Ebay.

I confess, I stole your cup. It's already been flipped on eBay.

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2017, 05:30:10 PM »
really? One would say that it must be as tight as a cats bum

Having never touched a cats bum, I wouldn't know.

Offline kps88

• Babyface
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2017, 06:22:54 PM »
The search/pat down was pathetic if I'm being honest. Maybe it's because I look non threatening, so they didn't give me much attention. Had emptied my pockets but the guy never even glanced at what was actually in my hands. A light pat at my pockets and I was off.

Offline joeyanne

• Babyface
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2017, 01:56:47 AM »
I was really surprised how little security there was. I didn't even bother emptying my pockets and the pat down wasn't worth anything. A lady in front of me didn't even realise she had meant to scan her ticket at the turnstile and she just walked straight through.

Offline Volcanogirl

• Elevated
  • The goal is Elevation !
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2017, 09:46:09 AM »
I was really surprised how little security there was. I didn't even bother emptying my pockets and the pat down wasn't worth anything. A lady in front of me didn't even realise she had meant to scan her ticket at the turnstile and she just walked straight through.
not good in these times

Offline renno

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2017, 10:12:07 AM »
Must admit I was surprised how weak the secruity was. We could walk in at any gate. No queues. I got searched but didn't empty my pockets.

Also when I got to GA nobody checked my ticket they just gave me a wristband.

Completely different to radiohead last week. Where it took over an hour to get in due to strict searches etc

Offline ShankAsu

• Child of Grace
  • Can't fight for s---, but sure can take a beating
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2017, 10:44:41 AM »
People ARE selling the plastic cups on e-bay it looks like after all.

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
  • I know that this is not goodbye, my forum friends!
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2017, 10:45:32 AM »
People ARE selling the plastic cups on e-bay it looks like after all.
sheesh...

Offline 73October

• Numb
  • Joy is an act of defiance
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2017, 12:32:01 PM »
Security was weaker than expected.  Bags were wristbanded though as well after a quick peek in - not a full turf out.  We sat near our allocated gate for over an hour and saw 1 police car going up & down and some sniffer dog teams. Weren't loads of police near the ground, more at the station.  Just relieved it was all OK in the end both nights.  To be honest, the heat had affected some people, particularly if they had drunk a fair bit during the day.  Saw one guy standing just in front of me who looked out of it before U2 had come on (was being held up by his mate for the interval but perked up during U2), and another guy afterwards semi-conscious slumped with his head between his knees sitting on steps - with about 5 of those JT beer cups in his pockets.  There were ambulances around and about, but there should have been welfare support from police and medical staff on the roads back to the station.  Walked past people lying in kerbs with only their friends to help.  Just 1 paramedic on a bike between the stadium and the main Twickenham station and he seemed to just be there whilst people were staggering around him clearly suffering the effects of alcohol, heat exhaustion and dehydration.  He wasn't treating anyone when I walked past - it looked like he'd just got there and this was nearly an hour after the concert ended.