Author Topic: Chainsmokers in the studio with U2 ??????  (Read 2114 times)

Offline the_chief

• Refugee
Re: Chainsmokers in the studio with U2 ??????
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2017, 11:40:20 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
When even Deadmau5 - some moron who wears a papier mache mouse mask behind his laptop (probably to keep his identity safe from ridicule) - calls you '100% sh**' then you know it's bad. Very bad. Kind of like Mussolini calling Hitler 'evil'.

The entire world knows what Deadmau5 looks like.............

Online monopoly

• Numb
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2017, 12:13:18 PM »
Calm down folks. That story is OLD.

Chainsmokers were indeed in the studio with them. But that was in Sept. 2016 and was released on Twitter at that time. Hype was last year :)

This looks like a new article. Last year mentioned they were in the same studio but didn't say whether chainsmokers worked for u2. This says they did work for the new album.

Online THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2017, 12:20:39 PM »
When even Deadmau5 - some moron who wears a papier mache mouse mask behind his laptop (probably to keep his identity safe from ridicule) - calls you '100% sh**' then you know it's bad. Very bad. Kind of like Mussolini calling Hitler 'evil'.

yea it's not a mystery.

neither are the "exclusive! we have ACTUAL photos of SIA's FACE!" articles.

Offline howyousawtheworld

• Wanderer
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2017, 12:55:08 PM »

I doubt it.

Online THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2017, 03:18:05 PM »

I doubt it.

i mean all they have to do is a google search. no i doubt he'd be recognized like most "rock" stars but its easy enough to find out.

Offline cocamojoe

• Refugee
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2017, 01:29:32 AM »
Chainsmokers are like the Nickelback of EDM.

Offline horsey

• Babyface
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2017, 12:49:45 PM »
A co-worker dared me to listen to the Chainsmokers. I listened to three or four of their popular songs before giving up. My takeaway was that every song sounds the same, although each song repeats a different swear word over and over. Maybe that's how they tell the tracks apart in the studio. "Which song are we working on, today? The one that says 's**t', or the one that says 'f**k'?"

I just don't understand why U2 choose to involve themselves with such generic, disposable artists who are clearly not creating music for the ages. I didn't think it could get any more cringe-worthy than a U2/Green Day team-up, but they prove me wrong again and again. At least Green Day has some memorable songs. I do not think OneRepublic or the Chainsmokers will fare so well.

And I find that very disconcerting - not just for U2, but music in general. When U2 got big, they collaborated with Dylan, Orbison, Sinatra, Robbie Robertson and BB King, and produced great music that stood beside their own new classics. U2 are now in the position of those greats from earlier decades...but, where are the young U2s? Is that what U2 thinks Ryan Tedder and the Chainsmokers represent?

Online WookieeWarrior10

• Elevated
  • Every Artist is a Cannibal, Every Poet is a Thief.
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2017, 05:46:37 PM »
A co-worker dared me to listen to the Chainsmokers. I listened to three or four of their popular songs before giving up. My takeaway was that every song sounds the same, although each song repeats a different swear word over and over. Maybe that's how they tell the tracks apart in the studio. "Which song are we working on, today? The one that says 's**t', or the one that says 'f**k'?"

I just don't understand why U2 choose to involve themselves with such generic, disposable artists who are clearly not creating music for the ages. I didn't think it could get any more cringe-worthy than a U2/Green Day team-up, but they prove me wrong again and again. At least Green Day has some memorable songs. I do not think OneRepublic or the Chainsmokers will fare so well.

And I find that very disconcerting - not just for U2, but music in general. When U2 got big, they collaborated with Dylan, Orbison, Sinatra, Robbie Robertson and BB King, and produced great music that stood beside their own new classics. U2 are now in the position of those greats from earlier decades...but, where are the young U2s? Is that what U2 thinks Ryan Tedder and the Chainsmokers represent?
The Chainsmokers are one of the most boring and repetitive newer acts that I can remember... every single one of their songs deal with the same typical twenty-something problems. There's nothing remarkable about them, just dull and redundant EDM tracks with little variation from one another. A shame that U2 would ever want to associate itself with them...

Online THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2017, 06:16:51 PM »
uh, what do you mean 3 or 4? the selfie song is the only one i was aware of.

the Green Day team up yielded great results, i listened to that song a few weeks ago actually.

Offline Midnight is Where the Day Begins

• Genius of Compression
  • Oh it's time, it's time, it's IeTOUR time!!
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2017, 07:04:19 PM »
They just suck.

Generic, run-of-the-mill, completely uninspiring and unoriginal EDM pop with zero substance and zero emotion. I wouldn't be surprised if they're soley just in it for the money and the money alone, preying on people who seem to only listen to music on a surface level (which happens to be a lot), so they end up liking their stuff.

Nickelback is much more talented and original.

As for this article, seems like nothing. I can't find a single article other than this one that mentions this.

Online monopoly

• Numb
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2017, 08:51:47 PM »
"Something like this" is the worst piece of garbage I've heard in quite a while. Closer doesn't even make sense.

Offline Smee

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Im Eddie and im a Monkey
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2017, 09:48:06 AM »
Once....u2 used to callaborate with Legends..Like Bob Dylan, BB King etc.....now they mingle with Pop sh** like Chainsmokers and such like

Offline Blueyedboy

• Numb
  • Embrace the challenge
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2017, 10:42:07 PM »
I used to be precious about these types of meet ups but now find myself questioning who would get most out of it, U2, The Chainsmokers or the fans of either artist.
My conclusion is if U2 could gain as much exposure as Coldplay have by collaborating with Chainsmokers you could bet your bottom dollar they'd be in the studio together in a flash.

Offline World71R

• Stateless
  • It's no secret ambition bites the nails of success
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2017, 11:00:41 PM »
They just suck.

Generic, run-of-the-mill, completely uninspiring and unoriginal EDM pop with zero substance and zero emotion. I wouldn't be surprised if they're soley just in it for the money and the money alone, preying on people who seem to only listen to music on a surface level (which happens to be a lot), so they end up liking their stuff.

Nickelback is much more talented and original.

As for this article, seems like nothing. I can't find a single article other than this one that mentions this.

Roses is alright, but that's about it for stuff from them that even reaches that level lol

Online THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2017, 11:19:51 PM »
ok wait i think things are looking up. this has got to be a better in studio collab then chainsmokers...

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login