Author Topic: Edge's guitars on the JT 2017 tour (Possible spoilers)  (Read 466 times)

Offline Mercurial

• Party Girl/Boy
Edge's guitars on the JT 2017 tour (Possible spoilers)
« on: July 05, 2017, 10:46:03 AM »
Did anyone notice that many of the JT songs were played with different guitars and played 'differently' than in previous tours. The black and white strat was used on many of the songs in previous tours, but on songs like In God's Country and Exit, I think he used a Gibson or something else (not sure).

Offline hollywoodswag

• Wanderer
Re: Edge's guitars on the JT 2017 tour (Possible spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 05:26:46 PM »
I have to say that seeing One Tree Hill played on a Grestch White Falcon only made me like that song more.  ;)

I'm not too familiar with what he used on tours back in the 80s, at least in relation to what he uses today. I think that at least as far as the more commonly-played songs, nothing he used stood out as odd.

Not having gotten Mysterious Ways at the Tampa show, though, I'm bummed that I didn't get to see one of those nice Rickenbacker 330/12s played.

Offline monopoly

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2017, 04:17:37 PM »
Well to be honest, most of the guitars in show are brand new as of the IE tour. All his original Stratocasters have been replaced by prototypes he used on IE and his official guitar named after him. The guitar used on Sunday Bloody Sunday and Bad are not the "Edge Signature". Its one of the prototypes used to test the best pickups, electronics, wood... in making his signature

He used a white falcon in the 80s. Then after, the country Gentleman was used and a black Falcon on the 360 tour for OTH. The White Falcon he's using is brand new for this tour. The rickenbacker is a vintage one hes used for several tours (although the real original one got destroyed in the 2004 flood at their studio)

The white Les Paul he uses on IGC and Exit has been around since the 360 tour. His original white les paul used on the 1987 JT tour for Exit and IGC, was sold for charity through music rising. Gibson sent him an exact replica with every dent, fade, and ware that his original had during the making of NLOTH. And of course he's using Music Rising Les pauls.

The acoustic for Mothers is from the vertigo tour, a line 6 variax.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 04:21:24 PM by monopoly »

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2017, 04:36:05 PM »
We sure know how to have a night out on THIS forum... 😂😂😂

Offline riffraff

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • So, when does the SOE tour start?
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2017, 05:17:38 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
We sure know how to have a night out on THIS forum... 😂😂😂
Party on!

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2017, 11:21:22 AM »
I've always thought that the Vertigo-era guitar used on Mothers was cool, but I've never known what model it was until now.

Question about the white Gibson that I've always had: is it the Randy Rhodes model? That model was also a white guitar that turned yellow over time and its basic characteristics seem to match.

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
Edge's guitars on the JT 2017 tour (Possible spoilers)
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2017, 11:28:27 AM »
After a quick Google search, it looks like the guitar on Mothers is a Line 6 Variax Acoustic 700, with a custom black and red design of course. I would love to test one of those out.

Edit: looks like they discontinued it in 2010, so you can understand why Edge still hangs on to his custom model.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 11:43:46 AM by Starman »

Offline hollywoodswag

• Wanderer
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2017, 04:31:08 AM »
Question about the white Gibson that I've always had: is it the Randy Rhodes model? That model was also a white guitar that turned yellow over time and its basic characteristics seem to match.
Negative. It's a pretty standard Les Paul Custom as far as I know. The nitrocellulose lacquer finish has a tendency to yellow over time.

Offline monopoly

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2017, 12:03:00 PM »
Negative. It's a pretty standard Les Paul Custom as far as I know. The nitrocellulose lacquer finish has a tendency to yellow over time.

Yeah, it's pretty standard. All the alpine whites from that time period and even now fade to that cream. The only thing unique on his guitar is the pickups which are black with gold rings.