Author Topic: U2 and Noel Gallagher - Don't Look Back in Anger  (Read 2726 times)

Offline Hawkmoon2e

• Administrator
  • Running to Stand Still
Re: U2 and Noel Gallagher - Don't Look Back in Anger
« Reply #90 on: July 13, 2017, 12:39:13 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Back to the OP: I think the song is fine. Seems like it was more of a gesture to close a show, and there’s really no reason to try and create controversy about it. But whatever…

I wouldn’t mind seeing Noel someday, though. I saw Oasis open a Popmart show in ’97, and thought they were good. But I think most of the crowd was still getting their margarita drink cup necklaces (anyone remember those?) filled when Oasis was playing. So obviously, not  much of a singalong in that Oakland crowd that night.

I can’t speak for the Brits… but “40” anyone?

that show and any of the Pixies Zoo TV shows are on my "god i wish i'd seen those!!!!" concert list.

Funny you say that, because I saw the Pixies open the Zoo TV indoor leg.

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #91 on: July 13, 2017, 12:40:07 PM »
Back to the OP: I think the song is fine. Seems like it was more of a gesture to close a show, and there’s really no reason to try and create controversy about it. But whatever…

I wouldn’t mind seeing Noel someday, though. I saw Oasis open a Popmart show in ’97, and thought they were good. But I think most of the crowd was still getting their margarita drink cup necklaces (anyone remember those?) filled when Oasis was playing. So obviously, not  much of a singalong in that Oakland crowd that night.

that show and any of the Pixies Zoo TV shows are on my "god i wish i'd seen those!!!!" concert list.

well on the plus side i'm not as old as you ;)

Offline Hawkmoon2e

• Administrator
  • Running to Stand Still
« Reply #92 on: July 13, 2017, 12:43:48 PM »

well on the plus side i'm not as old as you ;)
;D

Offline lazyboy

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #93 on: July 13, 2017, 12:58:07 PM »
Hearing and seeing 60k people in the flesh singing "a mole! Living in a hole!!!" finally broke the edge as gaeilge :P

Spacejunk69

« Reply #94 on: July 13, 2017, 01:18:14 PM »

Those were the days eh Hawk? Fabulous stuff!

Offline Hawkmoon2e

• Administrator
  • Running to Stand Still
« Reply #95 on: July 13, 2017, 03:37:13 PM »

Those were the days eh Hawk? Fabulous stuff!

Yeah, and it seems like another lifetime ago. I actually just found this:

The guys you can hear in the crowd crack me up. It goes from, "I'm not impressed, but they're loud." To, "I know this song and it's not bad." Then finally, "I love this song!"
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 03:40:59 PM by Hawkmoon2e »