Author Topic: ISO : Better Dublin Seats....  (Read 470 times)

Offline PSTEELER1975

• Stranger in a Strange Land
ISO : Better Dublin Seats....
« on: July 10, 2017, 09:53:51 AM »
While I'm still pinching myself for obtaining a pair of tix to the Dublin show when they went on sale... I'm wondering how/if it would be possible to get better seats?  I'm sure the view and sound will be fine from section 728, but having been on the floor for the Boston show 2 weeks ago, I'd really love to get closer.  Ideally back on the floor in GA. 

My current tix are the "souvenir" card and lanyard.  Not sure how or if we could even swap that with someone since it already has my name on it!?

I'm ever grateful for landing the tix...for my girlfriend wanting to fly to Dublin (from Boston)...and for what should be an incredible show.  If we "only" end up staying with the current seats, it will still be spectacular. 

If anyone has any ideas on how I might procure/swap my tickets without emptying my bank account, I'd be much obliged...and would gladly buy you a pint or three. 

Offline renno

• Headache in a Suitcase
Re: ISO : Better Dublin Seats....
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 10:15:08 AM »
The only option would be is to buy some standing tickets off getmein or viagogo etc then sell yours on there to make up for the funds you have spent on the new tickets.

Standing tickets are going for 400 on there though so it would be a lot

Other way would be to do a deal with a tout outside

Which ever way now it's gonna cost you a lot more money.

Unless you get a GA Ticket drop then sell yours to a tout when you get there.

Offline Gavin82

• Refugee
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2017, 10:42:37 AM »
I was speaking too a man out side Twick on Sat he had 1 spare & the touts had offered him 25 for it...!!!

I didn't know there was a drop for Dub was it GA & seated or just 1 them??

Offline PSTEELER1975

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2017, 11:14:57 AM »
Thanks.  Appreciate the replies.  I know it's an unlikely and expensive scenario, but I'll be on the lookout.  400 each is a bit much, but not surprising. 

Offline d.darroch

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2017, 12:30:30 AM »
Dublin's always going to be a high demand show. But I still think there's a fair chance there will be a ticket drop for GA's, in the week before the show. Most likely the day before the show, or day of the show. So I'd be keeping a very close eye on Ticket master, & on the forums.

So I'd just keep your plans as they are & just look for a drop. If it happens, great, if not, at least you're in the stadium. I'd never go the resale route, unless it was face value, don't want to encourage the scalpers.

As for off-loading your tickets if you find GA's. I'm not familiar with the souvenir tickets. I'm guessing they have barcodes, so are not credit card entry tickets? If that's right, then you should be able to off-load them online, or at the stadium on the day of the show (at face value please). Nobody checks ID's, so it shouldn't be a problem that your name is on them.

Are Dublin GA's credit card entry? If they are not, & your tickets are not either, then you may be able to do a swap on the forums here, or elsewhere.

But if they are credit card entry tickets GA's would be hard to come by at face & your tickets would be hard to offload.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 12:36:26 AM by d.darroch »

Offline renno

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2017, 02:50:57 AM »
Ga tickets for croke are just standard tickets, no credit card entry.

Offline d.darroch

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2017, 03:39:58 PM »
Thanks

Offline kevc

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2017, 12:16:27 PM »
Berlin had tickets available from the box office on the day, not sure if they were GA or seats, I think Dublin might get a drop at some point