Author Topic: The An Tha Review - Twickenham Sunday 9th July 2017  (Read 2985 times)

Offline lazyboy

• Party Girl/Boy
Re: The An Tha Review - Twickenham Sunday 9th July 2017
« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2017, 11:10:38 AM »
I think that emotional reaction, euphoric even, went away for a lot of fans after the Vertigo tour. Heck even Elevation for some.

Don't get me wrong, they still put on one of the best shows ever, but it's nowhere near as powerful as it was, and that's totally understandable.

Offline Yaro

• Stateless
  • Everything you know is wrong
« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2017, 11:43:50 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Reading that, I just have one question....

Do you actually like U2?

The only thing I got from that is that there is no song you actually seem to like :D
Do agree about Streets though. The key change and the sound of Edge's guitar spoils it from what it used to be

Also, why are you going to gigs to analyse them? If it's sh**, it's sh**. If it's good, it's good.
I can't pay money for a ticket and then stand there for two hours, thinking about things like that
AnTha-not be rude or anything-but you need let off some steam bro-like go have sex for a really  long long time, or 3 day jog  or climb Evererest -but for the love of God,dont go to U2 concerts anymore,dont listento absolutely  anything after Achtung baby..makes me wonder, why do you even bother going to these shows..or listen to their music..or go on U2 forums for years and years...I ve never seen a more bitter fan or  a harsher critique of their work..why oh why do you even follow them or care to go on these forums everyday when you borderline dont like them..you tore up their last album tho sh**s and hardly ever have anything positive to say about them..baffles me

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
  • I know that this is not goodbye, my forum friends!
« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2017, 11:47:55 AM »

Do you actually like U2?

The only thing I got from that is that there is no song you actually seem to like :D
Do agree about Streets though. The key change and the sound of Edge's guitar spoils it from what it used to be

Also, why are you going to gigs to analyse them? If it's sh**, it's sh**. If it's good, it's good.
I can't pay money for a ticket and then stand there for two hours, thinking about things like that
AnTha-not be rude or anything-but you need let off some steam bro-like go have sex for a really  long long time, or 3 day jog  or climb Evererest -but for the love of God,dont go to U2 concerts anymore,dont listento absolutely  anything after Achtung baby..makes me wonder, why do you even bother going to these shows..or listen to their music..or go on U2 forums for years and years...I ve never seen a more bitter fan or  a harsher critique of their work..why oh why do you even follow them or care to go on these forums everyday when you borderline dont like them..you tore up their last album tho sh**s and hardly ever have anything positive to say about them..baffles me
hmmm, I have this strange desire to defend an tha, but I'll leave it to him...

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #63 on: July 11, 2017, 11:58:28 AM »

Do you actually like U2?

I can't listen to Pop?.....no, man I'm not having that sorry.....No deal!

Offline Kmama07

• Running to Stand Still
  • She is everywhere and no place
« Reply #64 on: July 11, 2017, 12:06:56 PM »

Do you actually like U2?

Ditto!!! But my impression is An Tha can hold his own.

Offline indiansummer

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #65 on: July 11, 2017, 12:20:38 PM »
Of course we are entitled to our opinions but it would appear for the first 2 dates of the Euro tour, the overwhelming opinion is that the shows are fantastic.

Offline il_capo

• Child of Grace
« Reply #66 on: July 11, 2017, 12:26:13 PM »

Do you actually like U2?

Don't do it Father An Tha... I won't let you go to the U2 gig.  I know it hurts but you're going to thank me for stopping you: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline jrodr079

• Refugee
« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2017, 12:55:58 PM »

Do you actually like U2?

Dude, An-tha is 100% right. Loving every step and every breath of U2 is NOT the requisite to be  a fan. If anything, Im proud of An-tha for being discerning and unbiased in his review. Seen the show 4 times so far and agree with most of his words.

Still consider myself a hardcore fan. And I can still say Bono is aging like sh**t and his energy now sucks.

Offline lazyboy

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #68 on: July 11, 2017, 12:59:13 PM »
He gave it 3.25 stars guys, that's not bad! :P

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #69 on: July 11, 2017, 01:01:15 PM »

Do you actually like U2?

Don't do it Father An Tha... I won't let you go to the U2 gig.  I know it hurts but you're going to thank me for stopping you: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #70 on: July 11, 2017, 01:05:49 PM »
Its all opinions isn't it...nobody is right, nobody is wrong - opinions and the sharing of are a key part of forums....been good to share mine and to read others.

If of course absolutely and indisputably are right about elevation though regardless of what the other 59,999 people at Twickenham thought Sunday  :)

Offline u2live

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #71 on: July 11, 2017, 02:09:39 PM »
I always enjoy An Tha's comments as I feel if I give a personal opinion sometimes it gets the YOU'RE NOT A REAL FAN feedback........... nothing wrong with wanting the best out of your favorite band, nothing at all.  U2's has said they don't want to be put in a music category therefore try to make music that tries to appeal to everyone, and when that happens you usually don't please everyone.

Elevation and Vertigo aren't my cup of tea either and nothing wrong with giving an opinion.

I'll always maintain when U2 sings with emotion and soul nothing compares......... U2 are a great ALTERNATIVE BAND 100% agree

Offline Neil Young, man!

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #72 on: July 11, 2017, 02:36:01 PM »
U2 can be the perfect mix of brains, heart and balls. To me, An Tha's review is fair if you choose to be objective. And as always An Tha is a good read. But on Sunday at Twickenham I was moved. The vibe was amazing. There was a lot of heart. And sometimes brains and balls too. And less preaching and technology, which is a good thing in my book. The crowd 10 metres in front of the mixing tables were belting out the lyrics even to the b side of JT so loud you had to listen hard to hear Bono. The last 6-7 songs felt a bit tagged on to reach the 2 hour mark, but hey. The band sounded tight.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 02:37:52 PM by Neil Young, man! »

Offline u2live

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #73 on: July 11, 2017, 02:39:25 PM »
When you play a stadium you'll get many casual fans and from the casual fans in TORONTO that attended the show they all loved it.   

Offline Spaderholic

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #74 on: July 11, 2017, 03:15:57 PM »
Its all opinions isn't it...nobody is right, nobody is wrong - opinions and the sharing of are a key part of forums....been good to share mine and to read others.

If of course absolutely and indisputably are right about elevation though regardless of what the other 59,999 people at Twickenham thought Sunday  :)

Hey an tha, check this out. It's a snip at 5.99! :D
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 03:32:53 PM by Spaderholic »