Author Topic: The An Tha Review - Twickenham Sunday 9th July 2017  (Read 2975 times)

monopoly

Re: The An Tha Review - Twickenham Sunday 9th July 2017
« Reply #90 on: July 13, 2017, 12:34:20 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I get why people don't like Elevation or Vertigo - the lyrics are fairly fluffy and empty, but sometimes, you need fluff.

Rock and
Rock and Roll Radio
LET'S GO

Volcano, they could put up a giant volcano on the screen. Then have confetti come out from the top of the screen

Offline Saint1322

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #91 on: July 13, 2017, 01:00:44 PM »
I would rank TJT show I saw -- Tampa -- ahead of the early PopMart show I saw (disaser) but behind the later PopMart show I saw and both 360 shows. For 360, both shows gave me major, major favorites. Between the two shows, they played UnFire, Zooropa, Ultraviolet, HMTMKMKM, The Fly and an extended snipped of The Wanderer. That's about as good as it gets. While I enjoyed the side 2 of TJT section of the show, the rest honestly felt a little flat. The encores -- even UV, which I adore -- seemed a little lethargic.

I'm not really sure what they could have done differently. Playing whole albums, especially albums that are front-loaded with hits -- is tricky.

I can't help wondering if perhaps the show might have been better if it were arranged more like this, and I am using a realistic template based on what they have played:

1. Sunday Bloody Sunday
2. I Will Follow
3. New Years' Day
4. A Sort Of Homecoming
5. Pride
6. Ultraviolet
7. Mysterious Ways
8. Elevation or Vertigo (NOT BOTH)
9. The Little Things That Give You Away
TJT
10. Where The Streets Have No Name
11. Still Haven't Found
12. Bullet The Blue Sky
13. Running To Stand Still
14. Redhill Mining Town
15. In God's Country
16. Trip Through Your Wires
17. One Tree Hill
18. Exit
19. Mothers

ENCORE
20. Miss Sarajevo
21. One
22. Bad
23. 40

Offline MPare1966

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • Trying to throw my arms around the world.
« Reply #92 on: July 13, 2017, 01:45:32 PM »
I would rank TJT show I saw -- Tampa -- ahead of the early PopMart show I saw (disaser) but behind the later PopMart show I saw and both 360 shows. For 360, both shows gave me major, major favorites. Between the two shows, they played UnFire, Zooropa, Ultraviolet, HMTMKMKM, The Fly and an extended snipped of The Wanderer. That's about as good as it gets. While I enjoyed the side 2 of TJT section of the show, the rest honestly felt a little flat. The encores -- even UV, which I adore -- seemed a little lethargic.

I'm not really sure what they could have done differently. Playing whole albums, especially albums that are front-loaded with hits -- is tricky.

I can't help wondering if perhaps the show might have been better if it were arranged more like this, and I am using a realistic template based on what they have played:

1. Sunday Bloody Sunday
2. I Will Follow
3. New Years' Day
4. A Sort Of Homecoming
5. Pride
6. Ultraviolet
7. Mysterious Ways
TJT
11. Still Haven't Found
12. Bullet The Blue Sky
14. Redhill Mining Town
15. In God's Country
17. One Tree Hill
18. Exit
19. Mothers

ENCORE
20. Miss Sarajevo
21. One
22. Bad
23. 40

Nice setlist, but won't happen. A huge part of this show is the screen, and they light it up only when TJT starts, which makes sense, as the album is the main focus of this tour. I can't see them doing 8 or 9 songs with no screen, or even use the screen before they go into Streets. My 2 cents. :-)

Offline Saint1322

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #93 on: July 13, 2017, 03:44:33 PM »

1. Sunday Bloody Sunday
2. I Will Follow
3. New Years' Day
4. A Sort Of Homecoming
5. Pride
6. Ultraviolet
7. Mysterious Ways
TJT
11. Still Haven't Found
12. Bullet The Blue Sky
14. Redhill Mining Town
15. In God's Country
17. One Tree Hill
18. Exit
19. Mothers

ENCORE
20. Miss Sarajevo
21. One
22. Bad
23. 40

Nice setlist, but won't happen. A huge part of this show is the screen, and they light it up only when TJT starts, which makes sense, as the album is the main focus of this tour. I can't see them doing 8 or 9 songs with no screen, or even use the screen before they go into Streets. My 2 cents. :-)

Legit point. If they don't want to use the screen until Streets, that's going to limit how they can arrange the show, no question.