Author Topic: All That You Cant 2017 Remastered- Ground Beneath  (Read 2162 times)

Offline monopoly

• Running to Stand Still
All That You Cant 2017 Remastered- Ground Beneath
« on: July 10, 2017, 02:21:07 PM »
Not sure if this has been posted already, forgive me if it has.

I'm on Apple Music and decided to click on ATYCLB and saw they added TGBHF to the album listing. Sound clear and good.

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
Re: All That You Cant 2017 Remastered- Ground Beneath
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 02:29:10 PM »
Interesting.  I know the Japanese version of the album was issued with that song.  Making it the best song on the album.

Offline zoo adam

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2017, 02:32:23 PM »
My CD I bought in London in 2000 has TGBHF on. Giving the album a great ending.

Offline ultravioletlight

• Numb
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2017, 11:35:32 PM »
That Wild Honey made it over GBHF is astounding to me.

Online THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2017, 12:33:47 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

but GBHF was recorded for MDH right? it wasn't ever intended to go on the album or was it considered then just added on as a bonus track?

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2017, 01:55:47 AM »
Being an expert on ATYCLB i can say that here in the uk it was on the cd as track 12.

Offline soloyan

• Staring at the Sun
  • A dangerous idea that almost makes sense
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2017, 05:15:16 AM »
I'm part of the crowd that absolutely loves GBHF and Stateless. Never Let Me Go to a lesser extent (although technically, not a U2 song). It's funny because I think MDH and its soundtrack were not exactly hits. Far from it. But in retrospect it was, to me, much deeper and more interesting material than ATYCLB...

Offline xy

• Child of Grace
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2017, 05:48:10 AM »

but GBHF was recorded for MDH right? it wasn't ever intended to go on the album or was it considered then just added on as a bonus track?

I think GBHF and Stateless were a part of AYTCLB sessions but the band decided differently. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2017, 06:46:28 AM »
I'm part of the crowd that absolutely loves GBHF and Stateless. Never Let Me Go to a lesser extent (although technically, not a U2 song). It's funny because I think MDH and its soundtrack were not exactly hits. Far from it. But in retrospect it was, to me, much deeper and more interesting material than ATYCLB...

Stateless and Never Let me Go for me are vastly superior to anything on ATYCLB..and I mean vastly.

Offline PookaMacP

• Refugee
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2017, 07:08:56 AM »

Stateless and Never Let me Go for me are vastly superior to anything on ATYCLB..and I mean vastly.

Agreed, Never Let Me Go is phenomenally good. And one reason to think that a Bono solo album could be very interesting indeed.

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2017, 07:36:10 AM »

Agreed, Never Let Me Go is phenomenally good. And one reason to think that a Bono solo album could be very interesting indeed.

It is yet another example of how u2/bono are just (well for me anyway) so much better when they aren't writing obvious 'big' songs.

But tell that to all the people going mad at Twickenham at the weekend for elevation/vertigo.

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2017, 08:40:45 AM »
MDH was something that sort of improved my perception of ATYCLB, just by association.  I always consider MDH as sort of the last "90's" work they did, since it sounds like a sequel to Passengers and Zooropa. That

Offline zoo adam

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2017, 09:55:17 AM »
GBHF was good enough to be released as a single. It would promote MDH & the other songs they had recorded for the film.

In fact was it released as a single ? There is a video for it.

Offline zoo adam

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2017, 09:57:56 AM »
Answering my own question -

"The Ground Beneath Her Feet" was originally intended to be a single, therefore a music video was created for the song's release. However, Interscope Records declined to give the song a single release because U2 were on the verge of completing their new album, All That You Can't Leave Behind, and record executives did not want to confuse fans by releasing a non-album single.[3] Instead, a promotional single was released to media sources, but it received very little airplay on both radio and television.[4] After the song's release on the film's soundtrack, U2 hoped to feature the song on their newest album, All That You Can't Leave Behind, but instead the song was only released as a bonus trackon United Kingdom, Australian and Japanese releases of the album.

Offline Bundang Dave

• Running to Stand Still
  • It's not what I want; it's what I need.
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2017, 10:35:30 AM »

What,  no love for Dancin Shoes?

It's a bit of weird little track, but I prefer it to GBHF by a long shot.