Author Topic: Can U2 please be the first band....  (Read 1054 times)

Offline julez728

• Babyface
Re: Can U2 please be the first band....
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2017, 11:04:04 AM »
I remember at one show during the Vertigo tour, I had a guy in front of me in GA that was not only very tall, but insisted on taking pictures with his camera for a lot of the show.  Don't be this person.

I usually take some pictures during a show and I tend to take more the closer I am (GA/RZ).  I usually have my phone easily accessible to be able to take a quick picture and then put it away.  I've never been able to bring myself to take any videos because for me it takes away from the experience...plus so many people take videos nowadays anyway that I can go find one if I really wanted to.

Offline trevgreg

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2017, 11:39:13 AM »
I don’t really know of any bands that record video of all their shows and put it online. There might be some smaller ones out there, but probably none of the bands in the same league as U2. Audio bootlegs, yeah, there’s a few that do that today.

I don’t think the “we’ll take the pictures while you watch the show” approach would really work either.  For one, a lot of bands already allow photographers to take pictures for their newspapers or websites as it is. So it’s usually not something people aren’t able to find online nowadays anyway if they really wanted them. On top of that, even if these were offered in higher numbers or were something of high quality, that’s sort of overlooking the point of why people take pictures in the first place. It’s to show others the pictures that they took and from where they were standing. Not many people are going to post a picture taken by Joe Smith from the show if it wasn’t where they were standing or whatever other reason they’d want to be showing it off.

I take pictures and record a song or two myself a lot of the time, but I try to find a healthy balance between doing it and enjoying the show. Even then, I noticed that it doesn’t really factor too much for me personally in being “in the moment” or not, mostly when I’ve compared the differences to shows I’ve been to where no cameras were allowed. As for others doing that, as long as they’re not blocking views or interfering with other people at the show, it doesn’t really bother me. I have seen some people literally film the whole thing though, or have their point and shoot ready to take over when their cell phone’s they’re holding in the other hand is about to run out, and those are maybe the only times where I’ll raise an eyebrow!

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
  • 2017 Concerts: Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2017, 05:04:20 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I don’t really know of any bands that record video of all their shows and put it online. There might be some smaller ones out there, but probably none of the bands in the same league as U2. Audio bootlegs, yeah, there’s a few that do that today.

Yeah, there are some bands (I want to say Pearl Jam does it, but I know for sure the Red Hot Chili Peppers do) who release audio bootlegs of every show. Fans who attended the show can purchase a copy, usually for something like $10. It's a pretty fair price.

As for video recordings, I can't name any artists who currently do that for every show, but it would not be that hard to implement. It could also be very, very lucrative financially and could somewhat curb the video recording problem among fans.