Author Topic: 2017 interpretation of Joshua Tree songs  (Read 783 times)

Offline bass slap

• Running to Stand Still
  • Hot as a hair dryer.. In your face!
Re: 2017 interpretation of Joshua Tree songs
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2017, 04:20:16 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
For the 2017 live version, I like the way they sing the chorus of Trip Through Your Wires with the pause (syncopation) "You - set - my - desire" better than the original version.

However, I do not like the live 2017 version of how Bono sings the lower note of "Love" in Red Hill Mining Town when he sings "La-oh-ove" as it sounds off key and not as passionate.  I was also hoping the outro of the song would match the new and improved outro of the Steve Lillywhite mix from the RSD single with more "You're all that's left to hold on to" instead of all the "Let's go down to Red Hill Town."

Thoughts?

This grated on me as soon as I heard it and amazes me that it got through their own quality control.. the song overall was fine with me however.

Agree on thyw, sounds good. I don't like the keyboard run edge has added to Rtss.
Bono can't deliver on the vocal climax of OTH and the edge has made his guitar sound to clean on the riff that kicks in at around the same point. Technically not what this thread is about but Pleased with the album versions of SBS and NYD returning, often loses something when they play about with it too much..

All in all they have done a great job for gentlemen in late fifties, of making the the songs sound acceptable at worst and amazing at best.

Offline Neil Young, man!

• Refugee
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2017, 08:37:28 AM »
I love Exit on this tour, does anyone have a view on which the best version so far is and maybe even a link to it?

Offline NateV

• Babyface
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2017, 08:55:02 AM »
Exit was a highlight for me as well. The performance in Brussels was especially haunting. Found this video: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login