Author Topic: SOE update  (Read 42076 times)

Offline acrobat62

• Elevated
  • I'm hatching some plot, scheming some scheme
Re: SOE update
« Reply #105 on: July 19, 2017, 05:53:44 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Bono said in Barcelona tonight that the album will be out by the end of the year, according to Edge.

I have a very selfish take on this now.  Just found out my son needs braces, major $$$ which likely means if U2 tours of a newly released album in the next year or two, I'll have to miss the for the first time since TJT87 because of $$$, so please let this not be true, delay, delay , delay, if only for me.   :-\ 

Offline zoo adam

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #106 on: July 19, 2017, 06:46:55 AM »
Don't really like the sound of everything being down to what Edge says & does. Thought U2 were a band.

However I don't blame him for the release delay. The 'band' decided to tour TJT.

Offline aviastar

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Feel like trash...you make me feel clean
« Reply #107 on: July 19, 2017, 07:05:37 AM »
I'd be kinda annoyed if I were Edge honestly...I don't actually believe he's the one delaying it and I think Bono uses his love of gear/mixing/tinkering as an excuse for the delay.  I think the real delay is that they weren't happy about it earlier this year, wanted to tinker, and once TJT2017 started they couldn't release it until after.

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
  • I know that this is not goodbye, my forum friends!
« Reply #108 on: July 19, 2017, 07:28:10 AM »
Bono said in Barcelona tonight that the album will be out by the end of the year, according to Edge.

I have a very selfish take on this now.  Just found out my son needs braces, major $$$ which likely means if U2 tours of a newly released album in the next year or two, I'll have to miss the for the first time since TJT87 because of $$$, so please let this not be true, delay, delay , delay, if only for me.   :-\
Ah, Acrobat...sorry to hear about the braces. But, if U2 does tour next spring, you will find  a way...I found a way to see this tour...I'll find a way to see the next tour. We can worry about money in our next life...

Offline acrobat62

• Elevated
« Reply #109 on: July 19, 2017, 07:44:24 AM »

Ah, Acrobat...sorry to hear about the braces. But, if U2 does tour next spring, you will find  a way...I found a way to see this tour...I'll find a way to see the next tour. We can worry about money in our next life...

Thanks Riffy, I know you made it happen, but unfortunately in this case (since I really want nothing to do with our household budget), I'm not in charge of the budget and my wife is not quite the U2 fan I am, but we'll see.

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
« Reply #110 on: July 19, 2017, 08:22:33 AM »

Thanks Riffy, I know you made it happen, but unfortunately in this case (since I really want nothing to do with our household budget), I'm not in charge of the budget and my wife is not quite the U2 fan I am, but we'll see.
You can do it! My guy is the main money-maker in our home...and I just right out told him I was going..."with or without" him. I know money is always an issue, but if I can do it, you sure can. Stupid braces.  >:(

Offline zoo adam

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #111 on: July 19, 2017, 08:23:07 AM »
I'd be kinda annoyed if I were Edge honestly...I don't actually believe he's the one delaying it and I think Bono uses his love of gear/mixing/tinkering as an excuse for the delay.  I think the real delay is that they weren't happy about it earlier this year, wanted to tinker, and once TJT2017 started they couldn't release it until after.

They couldn't release SOE before TJT tour unless it was released in about 2015. As they would have to do a year long SOE tour prior to a 2017 JT tour. That would be a awful lot of non stop touring.

The record company would not be pleased if they released SOE in 2016/17 & then either delayed a promotional world tour by 6 months, or halted the SOE tour in mid flow for 6 months because of the TJT tour. Again that's a lot of non stop touring.

U2 should be keen to fully focus on just a SOE tour if they believe in the material.

So the only option is to complete TJT tour & release SOE some time afterwards.

Offline jrodr079

• Refugee
« Reply #112 on: July 19, 2017, 09:23:51 AM »

I've been married 3 years this October, I refuse to give 100% budget decisions to the wife because of this. You have to stand your ground with some things that make you as a man fullfiled.

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
« Reply #113 on: July 19, 2017, 09:26:45 AM »

I've been married 3 years this October, I refuse to give 100% budget decisions to the wife because of this. You have to stand your ground with some things that make you as a man fullfiled.
Well, every household is different...but we DO have to set priorities. And, yes, U2 should be one of those priorities. ::)

Offline acrobat62

• Elevated
« Reply #114 on: July 19, 2017, 09:44:13 AM »

Let me know how that's working for you after 25+ years of marriage as I have been.  Yes, each situation, household, circumstances are different.  I really just had very little interest in balancing the books, and she does a wonderful job getting us through some really tough circumstances over the years.  If that means we miss 1 U2 show in 30 years, I may have to live with that.

I can still root for the delay though....... 8)

Offline georgemccauley

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #115 on: July 19, 2017, 01:08:57 PM »
December 1st is the magical day peeps

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #116 on: July 19, 2017, 01:20:31 PM »

Bono on stage in Barecelona - "guys the Edge said that SOE will be out in December, ok how about spanish lessons! UNO...DOS..."

Offline bass slap

• Running to Stand Still
  • Hot as a hair dryer.. In your face!
« Reply #117 on: July 19, 2017, 01:22:27 PM »
December 1st is the magical day peeps

Yes, usually an uneventful cheap time of year.. oh no wait, I'm 'a Christian'.. well, maybe a far fetched claim but I subscribe to the commercial aspects of the religion!

Offline Gravy11

• Running to Stand Still
  • On borderland we run and don't look back!
« Reply #118 on: July 19, 2017, 02:10:52 PM »
"The Light at Home has been mentioned by The Edge as one of the songs hes loving on the new album" - now I am anxious to hear this song!

I'm glad "You're the best thing about me" isn't the single.  and I'm glad it will be a more U2 sounding song.  Phew!

Single release day in September? Album release December 1st on World Aids Day?  I think it's true this time.

Pinch of salt. Edge liked unknown caller!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unknown Caller is such a bipolar song. Either you love it or hate it. It was one of my favorites from NLOTH. I really feel it was one of Edge's best solos on it. Just this guy's opinion. 😀

Offline eddyjedi

• Elevated
« Reply #119 on: July 19, 2017, 02:29:54 PM »
"The Light at Home has been mentioned by The Edge as one of the songs hes loving on the new album" - now I am anxious to hear this song!

I'm glad "You're the best thing about me" isn't the single.  and I'm glad it will be a more U2 sounding song.  Phew!

Single release day in September? Album release December 1st on World Aids Day?  I think it's true this time.

Pinch of salt. Edge liked unknown caller!

Unknown Caller is such a bipolar song. Either you love it or hate it. It was one of my favorites from NLOTH. I really feel it was one of Edge's best solos on it. Just this guy's opinion.

Oh musically it's great, lyrically however...