Author Topic: New Orleans?  (Read 188 times)

Offline barbiemom4

• Wanderer
New Orleans?
« on: July 16, 2017, 11:04:22 PM »
Anyone going to New Orleans?Any reccomdations for hotel near venue?Also is there a beach you can go to?Thanks

Offline Bonoseyes

• Babyface
Re: New Orleans?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2017, 06:25:05 PM »
That's what I was going to ask...looking for decent, near the stadium, and under $120 (this girl is broke!)...

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
  • We picked the right band
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2017, 08:00:05 PM »
I know NOTHING about New Orleans, so take this with a grain of salt, but I enjoy planning imaginary vacations, and it looks like the Holdiay Inn Downtown Superdome is close, and it's $130 for the night of the concert, which didn't seem too bad to me.

If you're game for a hostel, the Auberge NOLA Hostel looks to be pretty close and gets great reviews. Have to be from out of state.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 08:16:18 PM by lorijane »

Offline End-With-40

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2017, 07:21:11 PM »
I am a former resident and may be able to help a bit.

Sadly, there is no beach in the way that I believe you are asking.  For a proper Gulf beach, the closest option would be Mississippi.  However, there are a number of places where you can get a view of Lake Pontchartrain or the River. 

As for hotels, there are a lot of good options, including the Holiday Inn (Superdome) referenced above.  However, it would not be my first choice.  Primarily, if the Hyatt and Hyatt House are outside of your price point, I would look first to the other hotels along Poydras.  They are within a few blocks of the Superdome and are a very easy walk.  A lot of concertgoers will be doing the same.  I would consider:  Staybridge Suites (standard business hotel), Homewood Suites (same), and The Whitney (a Wyndham boutique hotel in an old bank).  There are numerous other hotels along the same stretch, including the Hilton Riverside at the end of Poydras.  It is a longer walk, but it is the largest hotel in town and you can often get a good rate at the last minute.  Finally, you might consider The Pavillion, which would be very close and is a traditional New Orleans hotel with "character." 

I will try to check back periodically to see if you have additional questions.