Author Topic: U2 interview on Apple Beats 1 - 7/20  (Read 3488 times)

Offline 73October

• Party Girl/Boy
  • A hurricane being born
Re: U2 interview on Apple Beats 1 - 7/20
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2017, 07:36:05 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Nice story about your friends getting married, 73.  On that topic, what do you think are the most "wedding appropriate" U2 songs?  "All I Want is YOu" is what immediately comes to my mind.

Yep - had that one at ours as our first dance and also a little later on the Perfecto mix of Even Better Than The Real Thing when things had got going.

Offline 73October

• Party Girl/Boy
  • A hurricane being born
« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2017, 07:42:15 AM »
In this instance I agree with bono ..... the only weakness in streets in the lyrics ...."Iwant to run, Iwant to Hide " ..... not exactly his best lyrical effort

Well they have done "I want to run 1987: I want to hide 2017" t-shirts.  That lyric may not be great but it is certainly enduring!

Offline zoo adam

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2017, 09:02:27 AM »
I would like to know what different lyrics Bono now prefers.

Offline shineinthesummernight

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2017, 06:47:33 PM »
I think it's not the deepest lyric but it's effective.  Bono has a strong tendency to be too hard on himself.

Offline WookieeWarrior10

• Elevated
  • Every Artist is a Cannibal, Every Poet is a Thief.
« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2017, 07:44:23 PM »
I think it's not the deepest lyric but it's effective.  Bono has a strong tendency to be too hard on himself.
It sounds like something a kid would come up with when they were trying to write a song. Reminds me of the introductory lyric to Cedarwood Road ("I was running down the road...").

Offline shineinthesummernight

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2017, 07:07:34 PM »
"trying to loosen my load"?

Offline Conor74

• Babyface
« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2017, 03:14:15 PM »
I'm watching this as I type. I'm 15 minutes in and I don't think Larry or Adam have said anything yet. Who would have thought Bono would dominate the discussion?

It's tremendously enjoyable and I did love Larry's little smile when ZL brought up The Unforgettable Fire. But - sadly I still don't buy all the rationalisation of the JT 2017 tour, like it was an important statement about the world today. It was a (hugely successful) business venture and let's face it the only way U2 are going to fill a stadium in 2017 - a big style heritage show with ticket prices to match the age and affluence of the fanbase. I chose not to go see this show, making it the first tour I've missed since ZooTV. I just had a gut feeling I'd feel let down after the insane, brilliant night I'd had seeing I&E, indoors, with all its retina-busting amazingness. I haven't even watched the full JT show on YouTube, which tells me something - I'm usually all over fan made videos!

Right, back to the roundtable whisky-fuelled chat....

Offline garyu2

• Wanderer
« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2017, 05:32:56 AM »
Usually when Bono "updates" lyrics live (I've heard Bad, SBS, Streets alterations) they are usually crap. There's nothing wrong with Streets. It's basically perfect in every way.

Bono, give it a rest.