Author Topic: The Fly Lawsuit Update  (Read 1953 times)

Offline Manos73

• Numb
  • Stop trying to change the world, I like it.
Re: The Fly Lawsuit Update
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2017, 12:43:17 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'm surprised lady with the spinning head hasn't been mentioned in all this. It pre-dates the fly right, and contains a bulk of it

Yeah, no one is digging deep enough to get into the fact that several of the songs on Achtung Baby are the off-spring of songs that ended up as b-sides. The Fly, UV, Zoo Station, Spinning Head and Salome all have the same DNA. If U2 ripped off The Fly, they ripped off half the record.

Paul Rose’s song came out in 1989. U2 were on tour that year. U2 got back together in the summer of 1990 to work on demos and produced Lady With The Spinning Head.

Offline The Edges Cat

• Desert Rose
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2017, 12:47:09 AM »
Desire + God Part II + FX + Vodka + Eno = The Fly. Not necessarily in that order, either. Vodka moves in mysterious ways.

Offline Saint1322

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2017, 03:58:08 PM »
Desire + God Part II + FX + Vodka + Eno = The Fly. Not necessarily in that order, either. Vodka moves in mysterious ways.

I'm telling y'all ... if anyone pinched that guy's song, it was Brian Eno, not U2. If you watch From The Sky Down, Eno was the driving force behind the grungy, dirty new sound U2 had been chasing. He did everything but play the songs. There's a scene where he tunes up and tricks out Edge's guitar rig, hands it to him and says 'Play', basically.

Offline Rasmus

• Wanderer
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2017, 03:57:10 AM »

I'm telling y'all ... if anyone pinched that guy's song, it was Brian Eno, not U2. If you watch From The Sky Down, Eno was the driving force behind the grungy, dirty new sound U2 had been chasing. He did everything but play the songs. There's a scene where he tunes up and tricks out Edge's guitar rig, hands it to him and says 'Play', basically.

Brian Eno was the best thing that ever happened to U2. But we must remember he also produced NLOTH  ;D 8)