Poll

What is the best song on The Unforgettable Fire? (Pick up to 3 nominees)

A Sort of Homecoming
46 (21.3%)
Pride
27 (12.5%)
Wire
16 (7.4%)
The Unforgettable Fire
43 (19.9%)
Promenade
5 (2.3%)
4th of July
1 (0.5%)
Bad
61 (28.2%)
Indian Summer Sky
4 (1.9%)
Elvis Presley and America
10 (4.6%)
MLK
3 (1.4%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Author Topic: What is the best song on The Unforgettable Fire? (Pick up to 3 nominees)  (Read 574 times)

Offline DK46

• Refugee
On some days, my favorite album of theirs and the beginnings of their wonderful work with Eno & Lanois. 

My picks: A Sort of Homecoming (in the running for favorite opener), Bad and Wire.  In addition, I really dig the b-sides from this era. 
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 11:34:11 AM by DK46 »

Offline georgemccauley

• Intellectual Tortoise
Can believe the dislike and boredom that some people have for "Pride" is one of the timeless songs of the 80s. Ultimate U2

Offline WookieeWarrior10

• Elevated
  • Every Artist is a Cannibal, Every Poet is a Thief.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Can believe the dislike and boredom that some people have for "Pride" is one of the timeless songs of the 80s. Ultimate U2
Well, it makes sense that some people would get tired of hearing the same song repeatedly for ~35 years.

Offline hollywoodswag

• Wanderer
Indeed. Pride got my vote as one of the top three off of the album (although I'm more interested in hearing the title track right now as I'm less familiar with it), but it suffers from what I call "Beautiful Day" syndrome, which is when the quality of a song starts to become slightly overshadowed by the annoyance of hearing it repeated endlessly, and not so much by the band as much as by radio and such.

Online an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
Elvis, Wire, Bad.

Offline riffraff

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The storms will pass
I'm so happy that I'm not the only one who likes Elvis...I didn't vote for it because I don't think it's one of the best...but it is my favorite cut on the album. Again, favorite isn't always best.

Online an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
I'm so happy that I'm not the only one who likes Elvis...I didn't vote for it because I don't think it's one of the best...but it is my favorite cut on the album. Again, favorite isn't always best.

It is a wonderful track - a highlight of what is for me u2's best 80's album.

Offline il_capo

• Child of Grace

It is a wonderful track - a highlight of what is for me u2's best 80's album.

Yeah, it's a great track.  I decided it wasn't good enough against some of the other tracks on the record to get one of the 3 votes.  Bad and TUF were the 2 obvious choices for me.  The third was between Promenade and Pride, and I went for Pride.

Offline Mark72

• Stateless
  • Modern Life Is Rubbish
Bad
A Sort of Homecoming
The Unforgettable Fire

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
At this point, I'd ask if Bad is missing from ANYONE'S top 3 from this album.

Offline MPare1966

• Refugee
  • Trying to throw my arms around the world.
At this point, I'd ask if Bad is missing from ANYONE'S top 3 from this album.

47 members voted. 41 nods to Bad

Offline ZEROpartII

• Staring at the Sun

Yeah same thing is happening with SBS on the War poll.  The Pride riff is magic to my ears everytime.

Offline Jdelbove

• Babyface
My second favorite U2 album.

Went with - A sort of homecoming, pride and bad.

Really love the whole alum but promenade and indian summer sky deserve more respect.  Both great tracts.

Offline georgemccauley

• Intellectual Tortoise

Yeah same thing is happening with SBS on the War poll.  The Pride riff is magic to my ears everytime.

Absolutely, it's just incredible and that's even before we start talking about edges guitar work in the bridge!!

Offline DoYouFeelLoved

• Refugee
  • Holy Dunc Space Junk
ASOH
TUF
Bad