Author Topic: My Croke Park Review...  (Read 1079 times)

Offline aviastar

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Feel like trash...you make me feel clean
Re: My Croke Park Review...
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2017, 05:36:06 AM »
I would have put money on them playing ASOH in Dublin...looks like I was off on that one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Allhorizonbomb

• Wanderer
  • Self proclaimed biggest U2 fan in New York State
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2017, 10:35:35 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Can we have a Croke review from someone who has been to other shows this tour? We need a review in context with other shows. Was it better? Special?  Dont need another person saying "ohhh the screen" "ahhhh elevation"

If so picky why didn't you buy a ticket yourself to see for yourself. No need to dump on a decent review.

Offline cocamojoe

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2017, 11:48:39 AM »
Can we have a Croke review from someone who has been to other shows this tour? We need a review in context with other shows. Was it better? Special?  Dont need another person saying "ohhh the screen" "ahhhh elevation"
Of the 40,000+ at each concert, only a minuscule percentage is following the band, be it on periscope/mixlr or traveling to see them in multiple cities. With that said, the average fan is going on with little or no expectations in regards to the setlist, as opposed to we Wa***rs on sites like this who b**** and complain about a lack of setlist variety on a night-to-night basis.

In short, his review is far more accurate than what you're asking for, as his experience is more akin to that if easily 90%+ of the crowd on any given night.

Offline jrodr079

• Refugee
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2017, 12:35:39 PM »
Of the 40,000+ at each concert, only a minuscule percentage is following the band, be it on periscope/mixlr or traveling to see them in multiple cities. With that said, the average fan is going on with little or no expectations in regards to the setlist, as opposed to we Wa***rs on sites like this who b**** and complain about a lack of setlist variety on a night-to-night basis.

In short, his review is far more accurate than what you're asking for, as his experience is more akin to that if easily 90%+ of the crowd on any given night.

First of all, I meant no disrespect to anyone. Apologies if it came out that way.

Second, we do have a right to expect a good review. We are in the 'meat' of a U2 fan messageboard, not a random place. I have been to Croke U2 shows before, couldnt make it this time and im sure others are curious to know if there was an 'extra' boost in the show from being in Dublin.

So yeah, im sure i speak for many here that we want a comparative review. A review of Bono's energy, Adam playing with the crowd, Edge having an extra 'gear'...  Not a review of the 8K definition screen or the great sound. (No disrespect).

Kevincfcu2 gave a great review for example. Its great because its in context to Vancouver, Seattle and Santa Clara.

Offline monopoly

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2017, 12:52:37 PM »

First of all, I meant no disrespect to anyone. Apologies if it came out that way.

Second, we do have a right to expect a good review. We are in the 'meat' of a U2 fan messageboard, not a random place. I have been to Croke U2 shows before, couldnt make it this time and im sure others are curious to know if there was an 'extra' boost in the show from being in Dublin.

So yeah, im sure i speak for many here that we want a comparative review. A review of Bono's energy, Adam playing with the crowd, Edge having an extra 'gear'...  Not a review of the 8K definition screen or the great sound. (No disrespect).

Kevincfcu2 gave a great review for example. Its great because its in context to Vancouver, Seattle and Santa Clara.

Uhm, are you serious? This is a fanmade forum. "We do have a right to expect a good review"-  LOL. This is a guy/woman sharing their thoughts on their concert. I can't even believe you're trying to defend yourself right now . These are HIS thoughts. You can expect whatever you want but no one else on this forum is going to expect like you. The writer can say whatever they want (as long as they don't break the rules)

Also, interesting you removed your picture, guess you don't want people to recognize you as the guy on interference cursing at others for not following the line rules or being "as big as a fan" because they're not in the front getting setlists

Offline jrodr079

• Refugee
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2017, 12:59:46 PM »

Uhm, are you serious? This is a fanmade forum. "We do have a right to expect a good review"-  LOL. This is a guy/woman sharing their thoughts on their concert. I can't even believe you're trying to defend yourself right now . These are HIS thoughts. You can expect whatever you want but no one else on this forum is going to expect like you. The writer can say whatever they want (as long as they don't break the rules)

Also, interesting you removed your picture, guess you don't want people to recognize you as the guy on interference cursing at others for not following the line rules or being "as big as a fan" because they're not in the front getting setlists

I am a writer for Interference.com yes. Have been proud part of the writing staff for 9 years. Have you enjoyed the articles and reviews this tour? Last one published was about Adam's New York week.

What does me being interference staff have anything to do with this?

Offline monopoly

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2017, 01:05:30 PM »

I am a writer for Interference.com yes. Have been proud part of the writing staff for 9 years. Have you enjoyed the articles and reviews this tour? Last one published was about Adam's New York week.

What does me being interference staff have anything to do with this?

This site is not interference. There's higher standards and rules on behavior here. The articles and reviews are great on interference. Everyone writes and thinks differently.

Offline miryclay

• Elevated
  • http://www.u2gigs.com/myshows/31519
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2017, 01:25:39 PM »
Veronica Guerin was featured during UV last night. For those unsure of her Google her.

Offline KenpoMatt

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • The first wealth is health.
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2017, 01:32:01 PM »
Thx for the review Chief. I was at Vancouver opening night and Seattle for show 2.

Vancouver was awesome in the sense it was opening night and had no idea what to expect, but that show had some kinks and not the best sound.

Seattle however was phenomenal in spite of virtually being a carbon copy of Vancouver but ending with I Will Follow.

I'd love to see U2 in Dublin, but probably won't get to chance, appreciate the review.

Offline shineinthesummernight

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2017, 07:10:30 PM »
For me the benefit of seeing U2 in Dublin would be the crowd atmosphere and the hometown flavor.  I wouldn't really expect much different from the band in terms of setlist, etc..  I assume they give their best at each show, with highs and lows due to unforeseeable factors.  I don't think they necessarily play to that fan base who see multiple shows.

Offline Ultrafly

• Stateless
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2017, 12:29:54 PM »

Sure - I rate as 3rd out of the 4 I've seen so far.

Offline Mark72

• Stateless
  • Modern Life Is Rubbish
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2017, 03:59:48 PM »
Good stuff, chief. This was my ninth show overall beginning with the original JT tour, and my third of this tour (Louisville, Cleveland). For my wife and I, it was every bit as epic as we hoped, especially with it being our first concert in Europe and, of course, seeing our favorite band on their home turf.

They seemed to want to rise to the moment - - my interpretation, perhaps - - and the show felt more intense than the US shows, even if the set was the same (aside from some different snippets -- Starman was very cool). This was the first time we got to hear The Little Things, so that was a thrill. I agree that it can feel like a letdown after the preceding songs, but I like the ballsiness of it, especially with a band that has occasionally lacked that quality in recent years. I thought I would be bummed if they didn't add a special song for the hometown crowd, but the show was so great that it didn't bother me.

For me, the highlight was the crowd. US crowds are enthusiastic, but not like this. 80k singing along to even quieter songs like RTSS was incredible to experience. We were near the back of the pitch and everyone around us was dancing and singing. A stranger bought us a beer, others hugged us or shared ecstatic grins. It's an experience I'll never forget.

Also, it was cool to see Glen Hansard, the Taoiseach, and the President all walk past us en route to the soundboard.

One last note: the sweetest thing we saw all night was a guy from south of Belfast in his late 40s who was with his mentally disabled nephew. They both sang all night and had a blast. Props to him for helping the young man through that massive crowd and showing him the time of his life.

Sleepy and heading back to the states. Cheers, all.
Fantastic review chief.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk