Author Topic: Filming what?  (Read 7730 times)

Offline KenKaniff

• Babyface
Re: Filming what?
« Reply #120 on: July 30, 2017, 09:59:11 PM »
Some people are asking why film "Blackout" and "Best Thing". Nothing crazy about filming two videos to roll out at different times. It's not unusual.

Online georgemccauley

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #121 on: July 31, 2017, 12:29:57 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I've heard a strong source from a reliable rumor that they intend to cap the year off by remastering Rattle & Hum and release Heartland as a single. Kind of makes sense due to Edge hinting at it during the interview video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What interview?

Offline eddyjedi

• Elevated
« Reply #122 on: July 31, 2017, 06:30:36 AM »
I've heard a strong source from a reliable rumor that they intend to cap the year off by remastering Rattle & Hum and release Heartland as a single. Kind of makes sense due to Edge hinting at it during the interview video.

What interview?

I hope they release the demo of she's a mystery to me with Bono vocals.

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #123 on: July 31, 2017, 06:47:28 AM »
guys please ignore the "it's so 90s!" stuff. they say that or compare the new albums to the 90s all the time. it's cliche at this point.

I remember reading an article in Q magazine that was previewing ATYCLB and it compared Elevation to The Breeders Cannonball....now as a massive fan of Kim Deal and that song you can imagine how excited I was....
That article was sacrilege.
Kim, et al, should be offended!!!

I can't remember the exact wording but i definitely recall Cannonball being mentioned and maybe something about a 'Sonar' sound maybe....it was a long time ago!

I am sure I still have that magazine somewhere in the attic, I definitely bought it at the time. I remember the headline on the front was something like 'U2: Trust them - they have come to save rock n' roll' or something equally ridiculous. Elevation was compared to both The Fly and Cannonball...now that would be some song! I think the 'sonar' bit was the sound at the start of the album version of Elevation.

It was my first experience of waiting for a new U2 album and the excitement was unreal. It really felt like the beginning of a new and exciting era for U2...which ultimately ended up giving us songs like Stand Up Comedy and Boots.

You've made me feel better about my fading memory, thanks.

Offline johncleezy

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #124 on: July 31, 2017, 07:42:10 AM »
anyone out there think it's possible we're getting a video for each song on SOE? Seems possible they just filmed two in Amsterdam and a third could be a live version of Little Things. There's a lot of Joshua Tree tour left after the month break in August to film the rest.  Videos for each song could coincide with the new format on Apple or it could be similar to what Lemonade was (a film released on HBO).

Offline 73October

• Party Girl/Boy
  • A hurricane being born
!).
« Reply #125 on: July 31, 2017, 08:36:14 AM »
anyone out there think it's possible we're getting a video for each song on SOE? Seems possible they just filmed two in Amsterdam and a third could be a live version of Little Things. There's a lot of Joshua Tree tour left after the month break in August to film the rest.  Videos for each song could coincide with the new format on Apple or it could be similar to what Lemonade was (a film released on HBO).
Rumours are circulating that the new iPhone 8 won't be widely available until November/December - which is roughly the same time we think SOE is coming out.  Maybe there will be the OPTION of downloading the album via video format (wasn't this something Bono was talking about as being a possible future album release method (with Apple) back in 2014 after the release of SOI to just about everyone).  Looks like there'll face recognition software on the phone regarding unlocking the phone.  Maybe they should do face and voice recognition at the same time - the phone will only unlock if the user stares at the screen and sings a chorus-line of The Little Things That Give You Away, for an extra security measure (applies to all non-U2 fans as well!!).

Offline Izzy

• Numb
Re: !).
« Reply #126 on: July 31, 2017, 08:39:39 AM »
Rumours are circulating that the new iPhone 8 won't be widely available until November/December - which is roughly the same time we think SOE is coming out.  Maybe there will be the OPTION of downloading the album via video format (wasn't this something Bono was talking about as being a possible future album release method (with Apple) back in 2014 after the release of SOI to just about everyone).  Looks like there'll face recognition software on the phone regarding unlocking the phone.  Maybe they should do face and voice recognition at the same time - the phone will only unlock if the user stares at the screen and sings a chorus-line of The Little Things That Give You Away, for an extra security measure (applies to all non-U2 fans as well!!).

That would be pretty interesting, since is supposed to have some next level AR capabilities.

Offline monopoly

• Numb
« Reply #127 on: July 31, 2017, 02:21:31 PM »

That would be pretty interesting, since is supposed to have some next level AR capabilities.

User: "Hi Siri, please open phone"
Siri: "how do you feel about me"
User: "you're the best thing about me"
Siri: "access granted"

Offline eddyjedi

• Elevated
« Reply #128 on: July 31, 2017, 03:52:50 PM »
I'm surprised the Joshua tree isn't available in 8k video album format like the concert films.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Bantering ram

• Refugee
« Reply #129 on: August 02, 2017, 01:31:05 AM »

Hahahaha!  ;D ;D ;D

Well played Monopoly! Yeah, people don't appreciate how easy they had it with the format of release for SOI!

Offline paganini12345

• Babyface
« Reply #130 on: August 02, 2017, 06:32:58 AM »

Hahahaha!  ;D ;D ;D

Well played Monopoly! Yeah, people don't appreciate how easy they had it with the format of release for SOI!

Except for those that don't use Apple products and had to buy the album.
That was annoying - people getting the album for free that did not want it and legitimate fans having to pay for the album.  Of course I would have paid for the album on CD regardless. 

Offline Bantering ram

• Refugee
« Reply #131 on: August 02, 2017, 08:03:05 AM »

Hahahaha!  ;D ;D ;D

Except for those that don't use Apple products and had to buy the album.
That was annoying - people getting the album for free that did not want it and legitimate fans having to pay for the album.  Of course I would have paid for the album on CD regardless.

I meant 'easy' as in less invasive, as opposed to easy in being fortunate to have the album for free - I've never had an iphone either.

Offline Dono

• Stateless
  • If I could, I would.....
« Reply #132 on: August 02, 2017, 10:53:39 AM »
Maybe next time you'll be forced to take a free iPhone with the album. No doubt that will annoy some people too. Liam Gallagher for starters.