Author Topic: Filming what?  (Read 9572 times)

monopoly

Re: Filming what?
« Reply #75 on: July 29, 2017, 01:43:59 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Haha, guys...  ;D

Getting great feelings from reading the u2gigs write up and the description of The Blackout. 90s sounding with heavy bass and guitar is enough to get the senses ringing with anticipation. With Zoo Station, Elevation and Magnificent mentioned, with the added piece about the crowd jumping at the chorus. This hints at a great hook and it could potentially be another great U2 track. Very early days but this is very exciting!
But could Blackout be the Fender song? Let the first single be that! Please!!

nope, completely wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Which part are people referring to in the fender video? I hear two songs

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #76 on: July 29, 2017, 01:48:20 PM »
If 'Blackout' is half as good as the brilliant Garbage song of the same name it'll be good.

One of my absolutely favourite songs of the last couple of years or so.

Offline bass slap

• Running to Stand Still
  • Hot as a hair dryer.. In your face!
« Reply #77 on: July 29, 2017, 01:50:03 PM »
I think some groove is over due, but in all likeness will be of the same ilk as magnificent, rather than zoo station (which incidentally is magnificent).

Offline bass slap

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #78 on: July 29, 2017, 02:03:05 PM »
If 'Blackout' is half as good as the brilliant Garbage song of the same name it'll be good.

One of my absolutely favourite songs of the last couple of years or so.

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline bass slap

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #79 on: July 29, 2017, 02:04:13 PM »

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #80 on: July 29, 2017, 02:10:41 PM »

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline bass slap

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #81 on: July 29, 2017, 02:27:24 PM »

:D

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #82 on: July 29, 2017, 02:39:31 PM »

:D

;)

Offline JFW

• Numb
  • Wondering why I still walk the earth
« Reply #83 on: July 29, 2017, 03:14:42 PM »
Haha, guys...  ;D

Getting great feelings from reading the u2gigs write up and the description of The Blackout. 90s sounding with heavy bass and guitar is enough to get the senses ringing with anticipation. With Zoo Station, Elevation and Magnificent mentioned, with the added piece about the crowd jumping at the chorus. This hints at a great hook and it could potentially be another great U2 track. Very early days but this is very exciting!

nope, completely wrong

The one where Edges pedal is broken and plays a bit of it. It goes into a snippet of the song, I guess. With a jodeling Bono

Offline bass slap

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #84 on: July 29, 2017, 03:32:24 PM »
Haha, guys...  ;D

nope, completely wrong

The one where Edges pedal is broken and plays a bit of it. It goes into a snippet of the song, I guess. With a jodeling Bono

There's the big riff, that to my ears was a little cheesy and in elevation and goyb territory.
And something that sounded interesting with vocals and possibly a song outro.. I hope they kept the latter part, but for all we know could be the same song.

Offline WookieeWarrior10

• Elevated
  • Every Artist is a Cannibal, Every Poet is a Thief.
« Reply #85 on: July 29, 2017, 05:10:47 PM »
Haha, guys...  ;D

nope, completely wrong

There's the big riff, that to my ears was a little cheesy and in elevation and goyb territory.
And something that sounded interesting with vocals and possibly a song outro.. I hope they kept the latter part, but for all we know could be the same song.
That clip is very deceiving... while it could be a roaring return to form, I could easily see it being the next bombastic installment in the Elevation, Vertigo, Boots, The Miracle quartet.

You could probably cut a 30 second portion of Elevation and have me fooled into thinking that it's a badass rocker.

Offline redapple129

• Babyface
« Reply #86 on: July 29, 2017, 10:56:25 PM »
Haha, guys...  ;D

nope, completely wrong

That clip is very deceiving... while it could be a roaring return to form, I could easily see it being the next bombastic installment in the Elevation, Vertigo, Boots, The Miracle quartet.

You could probably cut a 30 second portion of Elevation and have me fooled into thinking that it's a badass rocker.

My first reaction to seeing the clip way back when was "Oh, they've finally caught the rocker they've been chasing the last decade and a half." The distortion he gets on the riff at 3:58 makes it plausible to me that it's Blackout. And given the crowd's reaction, let's hope they've finally nailed it and can move on with their lives.

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #87 on: July 29, 2017, 11:14:05 PM »
i barely remember what yall are talking about so ill wait to revisit it after the single is out. i never heard the NLOTH beach clips till after the album was out.

monopoly

« Reply #88 on: July 29, 2017, 11:56:25 PM »
I don't understand why some of you are going bananas over a song title. The song title has zero correlation to how a song sounds. If anything, blackout could be more pop than The Best Thing. Song For Someone sounds like a title for death metal.

Offline JFW

• Numb
  • Wondering why I still walk the earth
« Reply #89 on: July 29, 2017, 11:57:29 PM »
Haha, guys...  ;D

nope, completely wrong

My first reaction to seeing the clip way back when was "Oh, they've finally caught the rocker they've been chasing the last decade and a half." The distortion he gets on the riff at 3:58 makes it plausible to me that it's Blackout. And given the crowd's reaction, let's hope they've finally nailed it and can move on with their lives.
I just want to hope it's a very good song! The quartet (quintet) is getting better.