Author Topic: Queens Of The Stone Age Appreciation Thread!  (Read 76 times)

Offline Spaderholic

• Intellectual Tortoise
Queens Of The Stone Age Appreciation Thread!
« on: July 29, 2017, 04:01:42 PM »
Anyone else love this excellent band? I've been a fan of theirs since they released The Lost Art Of Keeping A Secret. They've released some great music over the years. I haven't loved all of it, by any means (I think a few of their albums have a fair bit of "filler") but when they're great they're BRILLIANT, in my book! My favourite album of theirs is their most recent, Like Clockwork. So many terrific songs on it, especially: The Vampyre Of Time And Memory, My God Is The Sun, Smooth Sailing and the brilliant I Appear Missing. Some of my favourite singles of theirs over the years are: The Lost Art Of Keeping A Secret, No One Knows, Little Sister, In My Head, Everybody Knows That You're Insane, Sick Sick Sick, Make It Wit Chu, My God Is The Sun, Smooth Sailing and I love their most recently released song, The Way You Used To Do. Can't wait for their new album, Villains, which is out in a few weeks' time. Josh Homme is so damn talented and I also like a lot of the work he's done with other bands like Eagles Of Death Metal and Them Crooked Vultures.

Any other QOTSA fans here? :)

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
Re: Queens Of The Stone Age Appreciation Thread!
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2017, 04:28:12 PM »
Yes!

Rated R and Songs for The Deaf are without doubt two of the best rock albums of the 00's.

Josh Homme is boss!

Offline miryclay

• Elevated
  • I wandered out in the world for years
Re: Queens Of The Stone Age Appreciation Thread!
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2017, 11:16:49 AM »
I haven't seen them but Eagles of Death Metal are pretty awesome.