Author Topic: GA Lineup St Louis  (Read 147 times)

Offline gsylvies

• Stranger in a Strange Land
GA Lineup St Louis
« on: July 30, 2017, 06:56:08 AM »
Any info for the GA Lineup in St Louis on Sept 16th?  Based on ticket availability, doesn't look like event is selling well.

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
  • We picked the right band
Re: GA Lineup St Louis
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2017, 11:50:50 AM »
First off, I don't go to many shows and don't do the line up/list, just casual GA, but I've watched the threads on this issue, so here's what I've seen, for what it's worth.

Like you said Ga tix are still available, so guessing it may be less crowded than some. Also, there are lots of great places to stand, not just the rail, but I'm assuming rail is important to you. Most shows, someone will start a list 2-3 days before the show at a location near the venue. If you are on Facebook/twitter, follow as many u2 related accounts as you can to try and keep up with info. Most lists have required a couple check ins each day to keep your name on the list. I've never known these early lists to have more than about 50(?) people on them till maybe the night before.

If you can't do the list, don't fret. Show up as early as you can. If that means the morning of the show, I think you will still probably have your pick of spots. Show up that morning ready to stay the day, with everything you want for the show, plus water, food, sunscreen etc. For Chicago 2, we got in line maybe 4-4:30 and still could've had rail by the red zone or to the far right on the main stage. But to me, I'd rather be further back in order to see the visuals better.

Please don't stress too much about the line. You can honestly have fun without the stress. :)

Offline Belisama

• Global Moderator
  • Original of the Species
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 06:46:28 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
First off, I don't go to many shows and don't do the line up/list, just casual GA, but I've watched the threads on this issue, so here's what I've seen, for what it's worth.

Like you said Ga tix are still available, so guessing it may be less crowded than some. Also, there are lots of great places to stand, not just the rail, but I'm assuming rail is important to you. Most shows, someone will start a list 2-3 days before the show at a location near the venue. If you are on Facebook/twitter, follow as many u2 related accounts as you can to try and keep up with info. Most lists have required a couple check ins each day to keep your name on the list. I've never known these early lists to have more than about 50(?) people on them till maybe the night before.

If you can't do the list, don't fret. Show up as early as you can. If that means the morning of the show, I think you will still probably have your pick of spots. Show up that morning ready to stay the day, with everything you want for the show, plus water, food, sunscreen etc. For Chicago 2, we got in line maybe 4-4:30 and still could've had rail by the red zone or to the far right on the main stage. But to me, I'd rather be further back in order to see the visuals better.

Please don't stress too much about the line. You can honestly have fun without the stress. :)

Extremely well said.

Offline gsylvies

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2017, 08:23:40 AM »
Good reply, thank you and no stress!  Just don't want a large volume of people showing up and getting in front of me based on some "list".  Reading the threads on this subject, I don't see what would stop multiple lists from being created at any venue.

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
  • We picked the right band
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2017, 02:43:54 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Good reply, thank you and no stress!  Just don't want a large volume of people showing up and getting in front of me based on some "list".  Reading the threads on this subject, I don't see what would stop multiple lists from being created at any venue.

I think there is usually just one list because most people realize that despite its flaws, the list process does have its benefits as well. The only issue I've ever heard of is where the venue says it won't honor the list, but instead will just go with whatever line starts that morning. But from what I've heard, the venue usually backs down from that. The list usually turns into an actual line early the day of the show, and goes to the venue already neatly lined up, and the venue generally recognizes it as "the line."

Even if the list/long works perfectly, things can mess up. Like maybe other people get let in early, or there's a glitch with scanning or security checks. So be prepared basically for anything! :) But mostly be prepared to have a great time!