Author Topic: The worst thing (about U2 is this)  (Read 1311 times)

Offline ecadad

• Staring at the Sun
  • 🐍
Re: The worst thing (about U2 is this)
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2017, 03:29:28 PM »
I've got 2 things to say.

First, I'm excited by "The Best Thing" being a single. I dig what I've heard of the song, and I don't have any reason to be opposed to something that hasn't been released. I like most things U2 have done, and I don't see why the next single/album would be suddenly horrible. I look forward to the song.

Second: if you don't like what U2 are up to musically, don't listen. No one is forcing you too (U2- get it?!). But why so much negativity? If U2 wanna release poppy uplifting type songs, then good for them. I like it. If you don't, then don't listen or buy.

I have to admit that I've stayed away from the forum for the past few months. A significant reason for this is all the hate U2 get for doing things the folks on here don't like. I don't really want to read why you think U2 are making horrible choices, or why a pop genre single is a disgrace, or whatever it is you don't like about current U2. You don't have to like it. You can hate it. But what's the point of tearing the band down on here when we're all supposably fans? I'm much happier enjoying U2 without all this negative commentary at this point. Sorry.

I'm excited that U2 still make new enjoyable music. A lot of the time I feel like this forum would prefer U2 to retire. I come on here to share in the excitement about what U2 are doing, not to moan about what I wish they would do instead. But it's become hard to do that.

It seems ironic to me that the fans such as myself who are actually interested and excited by what U2 are up to tend to avoid the U2 forum when there's new music or news, while fans who seem to want U2 gone are the ones active anytime U2 do something new.

I apologize for ranting, but when I heard the news that U2 are possibly close to releasing new music I was quite excited. Seeing a thread titled  "the worst thing about U2 is this" seems to put a damper on that excitement and desire to share. Maybe I should know better.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 03:45:07 PM by ecadad »

Offline fardreamer

• Child of Grace
  • The best things are easy to destroy
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2017, 03:38:59 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I've got 2 things to say.

First, I'm excited by "The Best Thing" being a single. I dig what I've heard of the song, and I don't have any reason to be opposed to something that hasn't been released. I like most things U2 have done, and I don't see why the next single/album would be suddenly horrible. I look forward to the song.

Second: if you don't like what U2 are up to musically, don't listen. No one is forcing you too (U2- get it?!). But why so much negativity? If U2 wanna release poppy uplifting type songs, then good for them. I like it. If you don't, then don't listen or buy.

I have to admit that I've stayed away from the forum for the past few months. A significant reason for this is all the hate U2 get for doing things the folks on here don't like. I don't really want to read why you think U2 are making horrible choices, or why a pop genre single is a disgrace, or whatever it is you don't like about current U2. You don't have to like it. You can hate it. But what's the point of tearing the band down on here when we're all supposably fans? I'm much happier enjoying U2 without all this negative commentary at this point. Sorry.

I'm excited that U2 still make new enjoyable music. A lot of the time I feel like this forum would prefer U2 to retire. I come on here to share in the excitement about what U2 are doing, not to moan about what I wish they would do instead. But it's become hard to do that.

I apologize for ranting, but when I heard the news that U2 are possibly close to releasing new music I was quite excited. Seeing a thread titled  "the worst thing about U2 is this" seems to put a damper on that excitement and desire to share. Maybe I should know better.

So well said. Pretty much sums up my own POV.

Offline missey

• Child of Grace
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2017, 03:39:47 PM »
I just don't understand....how can anyone be disappointed in a song that isn't even out yet??? 

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2017, 03:45:57 PM »
My goodness...

How about we actually hear the song before we decide its no good?

honestly though we've heard enough of the lyrics to complain about them.

Really?

We heard some kind of remix with bad audio quality.

It might suck but riddle me this, what would you have thought of finding out Lemon was a single if you'd heard some bad audio leak of one of its lesser remixes first?

lemon has amazing lyrics.....

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2017, 03:54:48 PM »
I'm confused, is The Blackout the same song as The Best Thing then? I've never heard any version of The Best Thing anywhere so I've no idea what it's like. I've heard people mentioning the title before but I've never heard it. When people started mentioning The Blackout over the past couple of days I thought they were talking about a different song. I guess not! Like I said, I'm confused! lol.

Try this...

The video images which start off ok turn a bit grim but if you can switch off from them and just listen i think this is the remix version that everyone talks about.....it's what google searching led me to anyway...

« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 03:57:43 PM by an tha »

Offline WookieeWarrior10

• Elevated
  • Every Artist is a Cannibal, Every Poet is a Thief.
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2017, 04:05:21 PM »
I'm confused, is The Blackout the same song as The Best Thing then? I've never heard any version of The Best Thing anywhere so I've no idea what it's like. I've heard people mentioning the title before but I've never heard it. When people started mentioning The Blackout over the past couple of days I thought they were talking about a different song. I guess not! Like I said, I'm confused! lol.

Try this...

The video images which start off ok turn a bit grim but if you can switch off from them and just listen i think this is the remix version that everyone talks about.....it's what google searching led me to anyway...

Ugh, I hadn't subjected myself to that in a long time! Truth is, the song itself probably isn't even that unbearable... that yelping vocal delivery during the chorus just ruins everything though.

Offline Spaderholic

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2017, 04:05:30 PM »

Try this...

Thanks, an tha. I hadn't heard that before and now that I have, well, no comment really!! So, The Blackout is definitely meant to be a different song and not just the same one under a different title? That's what I was getting confused about with some comments on some threads. I hope The Blackout IS a different song and is the actual first single release from the album. Despite not having heard The Blackout yet the title is at least more interesting, lol! Thanks again for the link. :)

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2017, 04:06:21 PM »

Try this...

Thanks, an tha. I hadn't heard that before and now that I have, well, no comment really!! So, The Blackout is definitely meant to be a different song and not just the same one under a different title? That's what I was getting confused about with some comments on some threads. I hope The Blackout IS a different song and is the actual first single release from the album. Despite not having heard The Blackout yet the title is at least more interesting, lol! Thanks again for the link. :)

No problem.

Offline Spaderholic

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2017, 04:09:03 PM »

Try this...

No problem.

You know something, I think I'm beginning to enjoy Eh-Leh-Vey-Sheeohn more than I used to!  ;D

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2017, 04:10:24 PM »

Try this...

Ugh, I hadn't subjected myself to that in a long time! Truth is, the song itself probably isn't even that unbearable... that yelping vocal delivery during the chorus just ruins everything though.

To be fair a remix especially a dance specific one may not showcase the song in the best light....i have my doubts about how good this may sound as the actual u2 version to my own tastes but i suppose have to keep an open mind until actually hear it.

The vocal on this remix actually irritates me though - but as say it may well be different....

All will be revealed soon enough!

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2017, 04:11:19 PM »

Try this...

No problem.

You know something, I think I'm beginning to enjoy Eh-Leh-Vey-Sheeohn more than I used to!  ;D

Another convert!!

By the way I think Josh Homme is boss!

Offline WookieeWarrior10

• Elevated
  • Every Artist is a Cannibal, Every Poet is a Thief.
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2017, 04:14:31 PM »

Try this...

To be fair a remix especially a dance specific one may not showcase the song in the best light....i have my doubts about how good this may sound as the actual u2 version to my own tastes but i suppose have to keep an open mind until actually hear it.

The vocal on this remix actually irritates me though - but as say it may well be different....

All will be revealed soon enough!

I can't recall a single officially released U2 remix that does not directly sample vocals from its original version. That could easily be disproved though, with my limited knowledge on U2 remixes.

Offline Spaderholic

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2017, 04:15:00 PM »

Try this...

No problem.

Another convert!!

Yay!!! Another Josh Homme appreciater!! Nice one. I'd love him to collaborate with U2. I think he'd bring out the best in them! :)

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2017, 04:21:25 PM »

Try this...

No problem.

Another convert!!

Yay!!! Another Josh Homme appreciater!! Nice one. I'd love him to collaborate with U2. I think he'd bring out the best in them! :)

Too heavy and too rock n roll for u2....

Always appreciated QOTSA and also loves his Them Crooked Vultures stuff Dead End Friends is as good a rock song as you could ask to hear.

Offline imaginary friend

• Airborne Ranger
  • A-B-C, easy as 1-2-3
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2017, 04:40:55 PM »
Anyone else a little demoralized to hear that "The best thing" is now clearly a featured song from the new album and probably the first release?

Not this here anyone - I loved that Kygo remix. Can't wait!