Author Topic: U22  (Read 381 times)

Offline cocamojoe

• Headache in a Suitcase
U22
« on: July 30, 2017, 09:49:00 PM »
After finally managing to acquire a copy of U22, I have to say that, while I get while this was a fan club release, that it was a massive misfire to not release this to the general public.

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
Re: U22
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2017, 10:43:41 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
After finally managing to acquire a copy of U22, I have to say that, while I get while this was a fan club release, that it was a massive misfire to not release this to the general public.

i agree. they really need to put more live albums out instead of just the dvds

Offline cocamojoe

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2017, 02:30:01 AM »

i agree. they really need to put more live albums out instead of just the dvds
I love most of their DVDs, but the near total absence of officially release live albums is astounding, especially given how long they've been making music and touring for, even more especially when one thinks about how many of their tours were record breaking, particularly in regards to attendance numbers. With that said, as 360° was such a massively popular tour, so much so that it still holds the record for mkst attended, I imagine that an official live release along the lines of U22 would've sold fairly well.

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2017, 07:25:26 AM »
Without having actually heard U22...

At one point, I would have agreed they haven't put out much live stuff.  As much as I would have loved a live, commercially-released Zoo TV album (or PopMart, or Elevation, or Vertigo...), I had to respect the fact they never seemed to cash in with live albums.

On the other hand, at this point, does anyone really release live albums commercially?  Most of the ones I can think of in recent years were part of a bigger package involving DVD/Blu-Ray.  They rarely seem to be just "live albums" like they used to be.

Offline cocamojoe

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2017, 01:06:15 PM »
Without having actually heard U22...

At one point, I would have agreed they haven't put out much live stuff.  As much as I would have loved a live, commercially-released Zoo TV album (or PopMart, or Elevation, or Vertigo...), I had to respect the fact they never seemed to cash in with live albums.

On the other hand, at this point, does anyone really release live albums commercially?  Most of the ones I can think of in recent years were part of a bigger package involving DVD/Blu-Ray.  They rarely seem to be just "live albums" like they used to be.
The jam band circuit consistently released live albums (i.e., Dave Matthews Band has more official live releases than studio albums), and groups like Pearl Jam and Bruce Springsteen have taken to selling each night of their respective tours via their online store (talk about a smart way to make money; at $10 a show, countless people now have copies of their own concerts. Then again, it does bear worth noting that Bruce and PJ never play the same setlist in a row, unlike U2).

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2017, 01:33:02 PM »
i was about to say i just received my Metallica concert cd, they sell the shows too. DMB does NOT and that blows my mind. They are a cult band akin to the Dead, STILL, and they don't sell each show. I mean the bootlegs arent hard to find, but PJ and the Pixies have sold the shows online for years. Well i know Pixies did for the Doolittle tour. I really wish ALL big bands would do this, it can't cost a thing to make they're on cd-rs for gods sake.

Offline cocamojoe

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2017, 01:56:31 AM »
i was about to say i just received my Metallica concert cd, they sell the shows too. DMB does NOT and that blows my mind. They are a cult band akin to the Dead, STILL, and they don't sell each show. I mean the bootlegs arent hard to find, but PJ and the Pixies have sold the shows online for years. Well i know Pixies did for the Doolittle tour. I really wish ALL big bands would do this, it can't cost a thing to make they're on cd-rs for gods sake.
The last time I saw DMB (2014), the friend who took me (a diehard; she's probably seen them live at least 20 times, compared to my 2) definitely gave me a burned cd w what sounds like a professionally recorded copy of said show. I always assumed that she got it directly from the DMB online store (like for, say, Springsteen).

I'll text her tomorrow to see where she got it from.

Offline A Passenger

• Babyface
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2017, 04:51:57 AM »
I really don't understand why U2 has all these fanclub releases. IMO, U22 would have been a great introduction for a new fan.

Offline u2chamonix

• Stateless
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2017, 08:33:53 AM »
Can someone please paste a link on HOW i shall do to convert my own dvd u2 paris to flac or mp3

Unfortunately i have a imac...

Skickat från min SM-G920F via Tapatalk

Offline miryclay

• Elevated
  • I wandered out in the world for years
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2017, 09:37:02 AM »
Try Handbrake or VLC. That might be a start.

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2017, 12:55:20 PM »
The last time I saw DMB (2014), the friend who took me (a diehard; she's probably seen them live at least 20 times, compared to my 2) definitely gave me a burned cd w what sounds like a professionally recorded copy of said show. I always assumed that she got it directly from the DMB online store (like for, say, Springsteen).

I'll text her tomorrow to see where she got it from.

please ask! i have a GREAT audience recording of it that was online literally THE DAY AFTER THE SHOW! ive had to wait for a year or more for some of the u2 bootlegs ive seen in person