Author Topic: Bono: Losing Weight?  (Read 2542 times)

Offline JTNash

• Party Girl/Boy
Re: Bono: Losing Weight?
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2017, 08:50:28 PM »
 :)

Offline ShankAsu

• Child of Grace
  • Can't fight for s---, but sure can take a beating
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2017, 11:23:55 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I find that his accent is very light, wish it was stronger. Too much traveling I suppose. Out of the four who do you think has the strongest accent? I think Edge's is barely there with Adam and Larry the strongest. Which is interesting since the travel the same amount etc.

Depends on what accent you're talking about. Adam's always struck me as not very distinctly Irish, but definitely very British. Bono's isn't terribly strong, but it's also not weak imo. I haven't heard Larry speak enough to gauge his.

Oh, right.  The accent to die for :)

Sort of related: my boyfriend is British and I swear I could listen to him talk about anything for hours just because of the accent. Then again, I've heard a lot of women are suckers for a good accent, be it Irish or British or Australian etc.
do British or Australian guys like to listen to American girls talk does it work both ways?

I can't speak for them all, but my boyfriend has told me on numerous occasions that he LOVES my accent. So I'd say the appeal is on both sides.  ;)
As an american in the UK i've never once had someone comment on my accent.  i know there's a ton of tourists, but i figured down in Cornwall it would stand out a bit- but apparently not.

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
  • 2017 Concerts: Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2017, 12:19:24 AM »
I find that his accent is very light, wish it was stronger. Too much traveling I suppose. Out of the four who do you think has the strongest accent? I think Edge's is barely there with Adam and Larry the strongest. Which is interesting since the travel the same amount etc.

Depends on what accent you're talking about. Adam's always struck me as not very distinctly Irish, but definitely very British. Bono's isn't terribly strong, but it's also not weak imo. I haven't heard Larry speak enough to gauge his.

Oh, right.  The accent to die for :)

Sort of related: my boyfriend is British and I swear I could listen to him talk about anything for hours just because of the accent. Then again, I've heard a lot of women are suckers for a good accent, be it Irish or British or Australian etc.
do British or Australian guys like to listen to American girls talk does it work both ways?

I can't speak for them all, but my boyfriend has told me on numerous occasions that he LOVES my accent. So I'd say the appeal is on both sides.  ;)
As an american in the UK i've never once had someone comment on my accent.  i know there's a ton of tourists, but i figured down in Cornwall it would stand out a bit- but apparently not.

Yeah, I'm curious to see how it goes when I head there next year--I'm honestly hoping I don't stick out like a sore thumb with my silly midwestern accent!

ANYWAY, interested to see how Bono looks next weekend. Might have packed on a few lbs while on vacation--I know I usually do!

Offline theocean

• Genius of Compression
  • The songs are in your eyes
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2017, 07:19:39 PM »
never been a fan of the Irish or Scottish accents.  Love my wife's English accent... always good when you like the sound of your wife's voice :)
Sweet!

that is sweet,
i wish i had an accent.... :D

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2017, 09:37:24 PM »
never been a fan of the Irish or Scottish accents.  Love my wife's English accent... always good when you like the sound of your wife's voice :)
Sweet!

that is sweet,
i wish i had an accent.... :D

Technically you do! Just go to any country you're not from (or a far away state if you're from the US) and you'll sound different from the locals.  ;)

Offline SpaceJunk_1970

• Babyface
Bono: Losing Weight?
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2017, 10:23:11 PM »
The past couple of week, I just did a massive personal passion project of doing a multi-cam YouTube mix of the opening night of the JT Tour 2017 in Vancouver, using the awesome Empress Valley audio IEM-audience mix.  For a shameless plug, here it is:

(but if you check my channel, I also uploaded the songs individually as I finished them)

...anyway, all that just means that I've been staring at Bono's face from May 12 in BC Place Vancouver for hours and hours and hours mixing, remixing, and putting all those different camera angles together.

Then I saw two things quite recently:  Zane Lowe interview, and also a recent Instagram post of the band about to enter the stage in the most recent Amsterdam gig.

Now, I just want to ask: Is it just me, or has Bono been losing weight since opening night?  I actually think he is looking better now!

Cheers,

J

Hey J,

First of all, you're right. He's looking slimmer.

But, might I just add, by chance I stumbled across your YouTube mix over the weekend.

I was mainly interested in everything from RTSS to MOTD.

A couple of things: was surprised by how good it sounded.

But more importantly, how good it looked. My wife ended up watching it with me. You could obviously see it was multi-shot footage, but it felt a lot more intimate.

Brilliant stuff. And thank you for doing this!

Love and Peace or Else

Offline wlomaco

• Stateless
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2017, 08:08:46 PM »
When I saw Bono up close and personal in CHI he looked super trim and healthy.

In some of the recent pictures I've seen of him, I almost feel like this face looks gaunt.

In Indy, I didn't feel that way.  He looked good.

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2017, 10:40:54 PM »
When I saw Bono up close and personal in CHI he looked super trim and healthy.

In some of the recent pictures I've seen of him, I almost feel like this face looks gaunt.

In Indy, I didn't feel that way.  He looked good.

Yep. He definitely looked like he had put on a little weight over vacation which, good for him if he's healthy and happy.

Offline WhenIsSOE

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • aka The Ultra Beasts (Welcome back!)
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2017, 10:41:35 AM »
I hope he's OK.......  :'( :(

Offline WookieeWarrior10

• Elevated
  • Every Artist is a Cannibal, Every Poet is a Thief.
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2017, 08:45:26 PM »
I hope he's OK.......  :'( :(

Did I miss something?

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2017, 09:48:16 PM »
Speaking for, at least, myself and many other fans, not many of has have lost weight in the past 30 years...

Offline WhenIsSOE

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • aka The Ultra Beasts (Welcome back!)
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2017, 09:29:15 AM »
I'm a little worried, are there any diseases that might cause weight loss?

Offline WookieeWarrior10

• Elevated
  • Every Artist is a Cannibal, Every Poet is a Thief.
« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2017, 07:32:20 AM »
I'm a little worried, are there any diseases that might cause weight loss?

There are a plethora of diseases and medications that cause weight loss... but Bono's probably a'ight. This dude is still in the process of rounding out a half-year long tour, so of course he's lost a little weight.

Offline missey

• Child of Grace
« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2017, 04:46:50 PM »
This is unbelievable.  If he puts on a few everyone is complaining he's fat and out of shape.  Then when he loses he has a disease!  Leave the man alone!

Offline JTNash

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2017, 06:41:40 PM »
Take it from me us short people just show weight loss and gain more.  I'm sure he's fine.