Author Topic: Title of new U2 song predicted 3 months ago on a thread in Fun & Games  (Read 1052 times)

Offline ZEROpartII

• Child of Grace
A couple of us play a game called Fantasy Setlist Draft.  Where we pick songs to organize into a fantasy concert.  In this thread I challenged the other players to include an upcoming track from SOE and describe it for fun.  I revealed my original track on May 8, 2017. 

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Here is link to the thread.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 02:39:49 PM by ZEROpartII »

Offline WookieeWarrior10

• Elevated
  • Every Artist is a Cannibal, Every Poet is a Thief.
The prophecies are being fulfilled.

Offline ZEROpartII

• Child of Grace
The prophecies are being fulfilled.

If "9mm Retirement Plan" is a track I need to start working for the CIA or a Vegas Sports Book

Offline Vox

• Running to Stand Still
  • Time is irrelevant, it's not linear.
That's messed up!  Well done!

Offline WookieeWarrior10

• Elevated
  • Every Artist is a Cannibal, Every Poet is a Thief.
Whirlybird (This track opens with an unnerving and dark-sounding atmosphere. As Bono rambles nonsensically into the microphone, the song builds into a harsh melody that takes several forms before retreating back into its atmospheric state. Dallas must accompany The Edge on stage.)

Forever More, Forever Less (New song with an ethereal feeling to it. Opens with an ambient, delay-heavy arpeggio that cascades over a harsher guitar riff. Features a funk-driven drumming part from Larry that is unlike anything we've heard from him before. Bono sings in a lower register, initially, and ultimately peaks with a Fez-like shout towards the ending).

The Great Beyond (my pick for a new song... something that begins as an ethereal and other-worldy track a la Zooropa, that eventually erupts with a guitar solo like The Fly before it settles into its more badass alt-rock form.

These are all mine (that I could find)... can't wait to see how horribly off this is!

Offline ZEROpartII

• Child of Grace
These were my fictional tracks. Doubt I can keep my perfect score.  Glad the rest of @U2 will see our madness. LMAO

Blackout - NEW TRACK: EDM inspired rocker. Driving Mofo-esque bassline opens up into a stadium anthem.

Striker NEW SONG - Soaring anthem. Channels Queen and Muse's "Survival". Minimal lyrics. Heavy on drums. New loud iconic riff from Edge. Enters rotation at sporting events/broadcasts

The 9mm Retirement Plan - NEW SONG - Growling rocker. Features some of Edges best traditional guitar playing.  Not much delay used, just a heavy-ass riff. The title of the song is never said in the lyrics, which focus on a man talking to his gun.  Bono tells Edge "Put Pine Bluff, Arkansas into your guitar".  Not overtly political, the song becomes popular with Truckers and Motorcycle Clubs.  Most don't even realize its Bon Bon and his leprechaun band.

Airlock Failure - NEW SONG - Trippy lyrics about an accident in space and an Astronaut saving the ship.  Futuristic guitar effects.  Bono's homage to Bowie's Space Oddity. He heard it so many times on 360, they new song came to him in a dream.  It's a fun song that appears in the new trailer for a movie called "The Uranus Cypher" starring Bradley Cooper, Javier Bardem, and Emily Blunt

Evolution Part II
- NEW SONG (Fun Jangly Rocker.  During the guitar solo, Bono acts in charade fashion different creatures becoming more upright.  The night before Bono had a bad piece of lamb and has complained to Edge about his stomach all day.  During bono imitating a frog on-stage, the unthinkable happens in his leather pants . . . He shoots Edge the look, and Edge laughs finishing off the song as Bono waddles off stage)

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
  • I know that this is not goodbye, my forum friends!
Zero, once again, you are my hero-for-the-day!!! Blackout...indeed!

Offline Kmama07

• Running to Stand Still
  • She is everywhere and no place
When I reread your list I thought it said "Elevation Part II"
Wouldn't THAT be something!?
Hahahahahahaha

Offline 73October

• Numb
  • Joy is an act of defiance
Re: Title of new U2 song predicted 3 months ago on a thread in Fun & Games
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2017, 03:01:05 AM »
Wonder if someone close to the band read the original Fantasy Setlist Thread and then suggested they change the name of one of the tracks to 'Blackout' because it sounded better!

Offline ZEROpartII

• Child of Grace
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2017, 12:04:20 PM »
Wonder if someone close to the band read the original Fantasy Setlist Thread and then suggested they change the name of one of the tracks to 'Blackout' because it sounded better!

Just hook Zero up with a percentage of royalties and some Red Zone tix for the entire tour.  Every time it plays I win !!!!   I'd spread some love to riffy, wookie, poppyann etc.  they took the wild ride on my hypothetical

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
  • I know that this is not goodbye, my forum friends!
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2017, 02:03:16 PM »

Just hook Zero up with a percentage of royalties and some Red Zone tix for the entire tour.  Every time it plays I win !!!!   I'd spread some love to riffy, wookie, poppyann etc.  they took the wild ride on my hypothetical
and...the wild ride was FUN!

Offline ZEROpartII

• Child of Grace
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2017, 11:59:14 AM »
Looks like Blackout is real.  I want my royalties U2 !!!

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2017, 12:04:19 PM »
Top work...

Here was mine:

Agnosia (New SOE song - an electronic based track where a sea of dark sounding synths set the background for a slow burner that builds and teases explosion before settling into an increasingly unsettling groove and odd time signature where Bono sings in his lowest register about the confusion of being unable to recognise what is ultimately revealed to be the vision in his minds eye of what he wanted to be)

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
  • Nashville, Montreal 1 & 2
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2017, 12:06:47 PM »
Great prediction.

Offline ZEROpartII

• Child of Grace
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2017, 01:20:14 PM »
Agnosia was LMAO