Author Topic: U2 will be in France this weekend- chance of beach clips?  (Read 3954 times)

Offline monopoly

• Numb
Re: U2 will be in France this weekend- chance of beach clips?
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2017, 07:16:17 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You have to feel bad for all of them with the crazies in the fan camp. When he was on kimmel and joked about "the fan who complains you didn't play the Declaration of Independence" im sure that's real from a few annoying encounters
um, Bono referred to HIMSELF (BONO) as the fan of America, telling America "you didn't play the declaration of independence"

Yes and what I'm saying is that Bono has probably experienced that on multiple occasions with actual fans.

Offline Catlithco

• Wanderer
« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2017, 06:34:55 AM »
You have to feel bad for all of them with the crazies in the fan camp. When he was on kimmel and joked about "the fan who complains you didn't play the Declaration of Independence" im sure that's real from a few annoying encounters
um, Bono referred to HIMSELF (BONO) as the fan of America, telling America "you didn't play the declaration of independence"
Yes and what I'm saying is that Bono has probably experienced that on multiple occasions with actual fans.

Question: what's the meaning of ""you didn't play the declaration of independence"... I can translate it, but I don't get the sense of this phrase. Even google doesn't help :D
Can someone of you pls say it in other words? :) I understand the meaning when Bono referred to himself as a fan of America, but I don't get the connection when he could have experienced that with fans.

Offline andrewau2

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Smack in the centre of contradiction = place to be
« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2017, 07:02:24 AM »

Question: what's the meaning of ""you didn't play the declaration of independence"... I can translate it, but I don't get the sense of this phrase. Even google doesn't help :D
Can someone of you pls say it in other words? :) I understand the meaning when Bono referred to himself as a fan of America, but I don't get the connection when he could have experienced that with fans.

It's like U2 fans who know U2's entire back catalogue are like Bono knowing and being a fan of the USA's "songs" (e.g. the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, etc...)  So Bono saying "you didn't play the Declaration of Independence" to the current administration is like a U2 fan saying to them "you didn't play A Sort of Homecoming in Dublin" or "you haven't played any songs from Pop in over a decade."

Offline Catlithco

• Wanderer
« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2017, 07:18:56 AM »
It's like U2 fans who know U2's entire back catalogue are like Bono knowing and being a fan of the USA's "songs" (e.g. the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, etc...)  So Bono saying "you didn't play the Declaration of Independence" to the current administration is like a U2 fan saying to them "you didn't play A Sort of Homecoming in Dublin" or "you haven't played any songs from Pop in over a decade."

Ah ok, thanks! Play just in the sense of play...I was thinking of a more complex meaning :D
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 10:09:32 AM by Catlithco »