Author Topic: Liam Gallagher having a dig at u2 again  (Read 1905 times)

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
Re: Liam Gallagher having a dig at u2 again
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2017, 10:26:44 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
He's having a laugh. I think it's an act personally. I have no problem with it.

Pretty much this.

Offline ShankAsu

• Child of Grace
  • Can't fight for s---, but sure can take a beating
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2017, 10:34:48 AM »
Love oasis myself. 2nd favourite band. in the uk I'd 100% say oasis in their prime were bigger then u2. They changed Britain really. Only the uk though. They were big elsewhere but in England they were untouchable. Never really made it in the states did they. Honestly don't think they could be bothered putting the work in touring wise. They could of and should of done it but they didn't.

LOL

What did they change; Britain, England or the UK?

Offline lazyboy

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2017, 10:50:53 AM »
Pretty tiresome at this stage though. He's gone from witty and on point to getting older and more bitter..... I guess it happens to us all :P

We all know he secretly loves Bono and is mad jealous of his bro...

Back in June 1997, Oasis were the opening act for U2 as the Irish rockers played two sold-out nights at Oakland's Coliseum. In a detailed account of what unfolded on the road, Neil McCormick wrote about the whole tour in the book, U2 The Best of Propaganda.

During these two shows, it's clear that Liam had a bit of love for Bono and company because the extract reads: "Oasis, so used to being revered on their own terms, play the part of understudies with grace and humility, thanking U2 and the audience for the opportunity to perform. "If me mam could see me now," crows Liam, "She'd say 'you done good lad, you done good'."

Another telling moment was when "Liam and Noel stood at the mixing desk, watching the show wide eyed. Never regarded as the most articulate of people, Liam nonetheless has a distinctive way of expressing himself.

"This is the first time I've seen U2," he declares. "Now I understand! It's phwoarghghghgh!" He shakes his head in disbelief, and makes a second attempt at verbalising his enthusiasm. "f*****' mad, man. Mad!"

Offline renno

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2017, 10:53:53 AM »
Love oasis myself. 2nd favourite band. in the uk I'd 100% say oasis in their prime were bigger then u2. They changed Britain really. Only the uk though. They were big elsewhere but in England they were untouchable. Never really made it in the states did they. Honestly don't think they could be bothered putting the work in touring wise. They could of and should of done it but they didn't.

LOL

What did they change; Britain, England or the UK?

:-) Great Britain :-)

Offline Saint1322

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2017, 11:06:27 AM »
Has-been pretending to be as cool and clever as Big Brother and failing miserably.

Offline the_chief

• Refugee
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2017, 11:07:03 AM »
I can't remember who said it, but didn't one of u2's longtime crew members state that 'rock n roll was wasted on them'. U2 readily admit they aren't rock n rollers in the traditional sense of alcohol, groupies and drugs etc. They find that side of rock n roll cliche. Too unintelligent for them I guess.

So I imagine that side of rock n roll sits perfectly with the dim witted cliche that is Liam Gallagher.

Maybe not as extreme as rockers but, U2 don't half knock back the booze and they were quite fond of their dope and ecstasy at one point

Offline ShankAsu

• Child of Grace
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2017, 11:18:14 AM »
I can't remember who said it, but didn't one of u2's longtime crew members state that 'rock n roll was wasted on them'. U2 readily admit they aren't rock n rollers in the traditional sense of alcohol, groupies and drugs etc. They find that side of rock n roll cliche. Too unintelligent for them I guess.

So I imagine that side of rock n roll sits perfectly with the dim witted cliche that is Liam Gallagher.

Maybe not as extreme as rockers but, U2 don't half knock back the booze and they were quite fond of their dope and ecstasy at one point
really? I've always wondered about U2's drug use and kind of assumed Adam was the only one who smoke weed and Bono liked his red wine.  Dispointed that in Bono on Bono he didn't really go there.

Offline renno

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2017, 11:34:39 AM »

Is this true ? The bit about ecstasy and dope?

Offline Saint1322

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2017, 11:35:08 AM »
I think Bono had to stop drinking wine due to an allergy. I know Bono smoked weed on occasion, at least in the past. Not sure if giving up weed was part of Adam's sobriety or not, as he too was doing it as late as 1997. The story about Edge and the mushrooms suggests to me that was a rare thing for him, and Larry is such a health nut I don't see him doing a lot of drugs.

That being said, I think all of them except Adam drink like fish, and I think they all now smoke, other than Adam, which is hilarious.

Offline ShankAsu

• Child of Grace
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2017, 11:47:09 AM »
I think Bono had to stop drinking wine due to an allergy. I know Bono smoked weed on occasion, at least in the past. Not sure if giving up weed was part of Adam's sobriety or not, as he too was doing it as late as 1997. The story about Edge and the mushrooms suggests to me that was a rare thing for him, and Larry is such a health nut I don't see him doing a lot of drugs.

That being said, I think all of them except Adam drink like fish, and I think they all now smoke, other than Adam, which is hilarious.
The allergy to red wine i took as a joke.  There's nothing in wine that is an allergen.

Offline Yaro

• Stateless
  • Everything you know is wrong
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2017, 12:05:20 PM »

The allergy to red wine i took as a joke.  There's nothing in wine that is an allergen.
Quite the opposite-your statement is a joke..every red and white wine has sulfites-allergen preservative -which many people are allergic to(including me) In United States there is a start up company that sells filters to rid wine of sulfites  (those play a big part in next morning's hangover). I dont know how you came about info they all smoke..?? Bono hasn't been photographed with his bellowed cigarillos for yrs n yrs now.. He does drink red wine and beer and occasionally bloody marys and Edge drinks Scotch and Cognac..Larry for years is the healthiest of health  nuts-jogging and exercising 7 x  a week

Offline the_chief

• Refugee
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2017, 12:31:16 PM »

Is this true ? The bit about ecstasy and dope?

Ha, what do you think Discotheque is about?

Offline ShankAsu

• Child of Grace
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2017, 12:52:09 PM »

Quite the opposite-your statement is a joke..every red and white wine has sulfites-allergen preservative -which many people are allergic to(including me) In United States there is a start up company that sells filters to rid wine of sulfites  (those play a big part in next morning's hangover). I dont know how you came about info they all smoke..?? Bono hasn't been photographed with his bellowed cigarillos for yrs n yrs now.. He does drink red wine and beer and occasionally bloody marys and Edge drinks Scotch and Cognac..Larry for years is the healthiest of health  nuts-jogging and exercising 7 x  a week
Actually no, I've been a QA Manager at a food beverage facility and gone through many FDA audits.  Sulfites are not on the FDA list of Big 8 Allergens.  Yes, some people are sensitive to sulfites, but the list of items that people CAN be sensitive to is quite staggering and the actuality is very limited.  Its rare to find allergens in beverages other than specialty beverages.  Having a wife who owns a bakery, i hear quite a lot of items that people claim they are sensitive to and given my knowledge on it i kind of have to take it with a grain of salt. People tend to be more into health trends than anything else is what i see, which are about as effective as trend diets.  That being said, when Bono makes the comment that he ends up on the floor after a night of drinking red wine due to his allergy to it, i thought it was an obvious joke that he has too much to drink.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 12:59:54 PM by ShankAsu »

Offline Mark72

• Stateless
  • Modern Life Is Rubbish
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2017, 12:53:18 PM »
Behind the scenes Liam is much of a U2 fan as Noel. He's just digging at his brother and given half a chance He'd support U2 too to help sell his album.(Which Noel isn't doing right now on the Joshua Tree tour).

Huge pillar of salt needed for anything Liam says.

I did enjoy watching Liam's set at Glasto and the Wall of Glass single.

Offline ShankAsu

• Child of Grace
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2017, 12:55:33 PM »
I thought it was well documented that other than Adam who smoked as a teen, the other three members consciously became smokers in their late 20's.  I haven't heard updates on this in the last 10 years but i wouldn't be surprised if some of them have quit at this point in their 50's - i would hope so.