Author Topic: Liam Gallagher having a dig at u2 again  (Read 5177 times)

Offline Marwood

• Stateless
Re: Liam Gallagher having a dig at u2 again
« Reply #60 on: April 25, 2018, 09:55:17 AM »
Hmm: to tell the truth, U2 play a lot more shows than the Stones these days (although the Stones generally charge a lot more for their tickets)

Offline Marwood

• Stateless
« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2018, 03:36:07 AM »
Saw Liam open for the Stones last night: his show was OK (although like Noels shows with U2 last year, far too many drunken dickheads singing/shouting so loud you couldn't hear a lot of it), but have to say I thought Noels spots (saw them twice) opening for U2 were much better. OK so Liam had Bonehead in the lineup but I got the general impression he was being backed by a pub band.

Offline wons

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2018, 09:20:00 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hmm: to tell the truth, U2 play a lot more shows than the Stones these days (although the Stones generally charge a lot more for their tickets)

The Stones highest grossing tour, The A Bigger Bang Tour, Had 147 shows from 2005-2007. But U2's 360 tour beat it in both attendance and gross with just 110 shows from 2009-2011.

Saint22

« Reply #63 on: May 24, 2018, 09:12:22 AM »

The Stones highest grossing tour, The A Bigger Bang Tour, Had 147 shows from 2005-2007. But U2's 360 tour beat it in both attendance and gross with just 110 shows from 2009-2011.

The Stones are the one band that I would like to see whose ticket prices are just too high for me. I am a casual fan, and I would love to see them, but I am not going to see them in a stadium -- U2 are the only band I will endure that hell for -- and God only knows what the Stones would want for a decent seat in an arena these days.

If I knew for a fact they were going to play exactly what I want to hear, I would consider it, but I am not paying $400 for all the FM hits.

Offline NJU2Fan

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #64 on: May 24, 2018, 12:45:54 PM »

The Stones are the one band that I would like to see whose ticket prices are just too high for me. I am a casual fan, and I would love to see them, but I am not going to see them in a stadium -- U2 are the only band I will endure that hell for -- and God only knows what the Stones would want for a decent seat in an arena these days.

If I knew for a fact they were going to play exactly what I want to hear, I would consider it, but I am not paying $400 for all the FM hits.
[/quote]

Agree.  Would love to see the Stones live (since they ain't gettin any younger) but triple figures for a nosebleed is a bit much.

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #65 on: May 24, 2018, 01:47:45 PM »
I'll be honest, when they played the intro song on the PA before the LIAWHL, I had no idea who it was, but immediately thought it was brilliant.  I'd have never guessed it was from our old friend Liam.  Seriously, great great tune.  I think I need to pick it up.

I also give myself a few points for immediately picking up the similarity in the drum beat to Tomorrow Never Knows, which he famously has already used in Setting Sun with The Chemical Brothers.  The guy is nothing if not consistent in his influences.

Offline SwimmingSorrows

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • Some folks are bound for glory, I was Born to Hang
« Reply #66 on: May 24, 2018, 07:15:36 PM »
I'll be honest, when they played the intro song on the PA before the LIAWHL, I had no idea who it was, but immediately thought it was brilliant.  I'd have never guessed it was from our old friend Liam.  Seriously, great great tune.  I think I need to pick it up.

I also give myself a few points for immediately picking up the similarity in the drum beat to Tomorrow Never Knows, which he famously has already used in Setting Sun with The Chemical Brothers.  The guy is nothing if not consistent in his influences.
It's a Noel song they're using, not Liam.

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #67 on: May 24, 2018, 07:41:13 PM »

It's a Noel song they're using, not Liam.

You’re right....that’s what I meant.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
  • St Louis,Omaha,Montreal 1&2, NJ, NYC 3,Belfast 1,2
« Reply #68 on: May 25, 2018, 07:11:17 AM »
So LG has cozied up to the Stones and Noel U2. This is how this is playing out.