Author Topic: U2 a Rock n Roll Band?  (Read 1752 times)

Offline The Bonzo

• Stateless
U2 a Rock n Roll Band?
« on: August 02, 2017, 09:41:36 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I wish this imbecile would crawl back under his rock.  He is obsessed.

Offline This Dave

• Numb
Re: U2 a Rock n Roll Band?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2017, 10:03:58 AM »

I wish this imbecile would crawl back under his rock.  He is obsessed.

He's made a career out of silly shots at people. Meanwhile, what's the last song he did that you know?

Offline codeguy

• Elevated
  • If there is a light, don't let it go out
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 10:12:28 AM »
He clearly needs the kind of attention U2 still gets, and the kind that his brother - due to his proximity to U2 - is getting.

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2017, 10:20:32 AM »
People really do take all this too seriously.

Liam is just playing up to his loud, obnoxious, 'rock n roll star' cartoon image.

Is it a bit old now? Probably Yes.

Is it harmless? Yes.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 10:37:22 AM by an tha »

Offline ShankAsu

• Child of Grace
  • Can't fight for s---, but sure can take a beating
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2017, 10:35:45 AM »
Liam can say what he wants.  He's been rock n roll royalty for a few decades now.

Offline Mark72

• Stateless
  • Modern Life Is Rubbish
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2017, 12:50:50 PM »
Behind the scenes, Liam is much of a U2 fan as Noel. He's just digging at his brother and given half a chance He'd support U2 too to help sell his album.(Which Noel isn't doing right now on the Joshua Tree tour).

Huge pillar of salt needed for anything Liam says.

I did enjoy watching Liam's set at Glasto and the Wall of Glass single.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 12:52:40 PM by Mark72 »

Offline 73October

• Party Girl/Boy
  • A hurricane being born
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2017, 12:53:29 PM »
Liam can say what he wants.  He's been rock n roll royalty for a few decades now.
Not sure about the 'royalty'.  Liam can say what he wants and now people post comments on the news pages, laughing at him.  Being a gobsh*te won't get him anywhere these days.

Offline ShankAsu

• Child of Grace
  • Can't fight for s---, but sure can take a beating
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2017, 01:04:26 PM »
Not sure about the 'royalty'.  Liam can say what he wants and now people post comments on the news pages, laughing at him.  Being a gobsh*te won't get him anywhere these days.
I think he's royalty, even though who knows what that word means in this context.  Either way, he was the lead singer of Oasis and an icon in the UK which i think entitles him to speak him mind regardless if people listen or laugh at what he has to say.  Personally, i always thought it was funny when he said something totally stupid that was obviously not true, but that's part of his appeal for me.

Offline monopoly

• Numb
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2017, 01:14:08 PM »
Alice Cooper likes u2.
Jimmy page likes u2.
Paris Hilton likes u2.

Enough said.

Offline 73October

• Party Girl/Boy
  • A hurricane being born
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2017, 01:36:55 PM »
I think he's royalty, even though who knows what that word means in this context.  Either way, he was the lead singer of Oasis and an icon in the UK which i think entitles him to speak him mind regardless if people listen or laugh at what he has to say.  Personally, i always thought it was funny when he said something totally stupid that was obviously not true, but that's part of his appeal for me.
Ah, sorry.  I'll explain - it's a cultural and social thing.  I'm from the Merseyside area and I don't give much credence to what Liam says (hence the slightly colourful choice of words above).  Traditionally people from the greater Liverpool area and the greater Manchester area have very often been unkind toward each other.  So yes Liam was an icon throughout the UK other than Merseyside (I should know, my better half is from Essex and they loved Oasis down there) and so they only played in Liverpool about 10 times and I'm quite surprised to see that they got out alive each time(!).  Well at least he supports Manchester City - could be worse.  But any bloke like him walking the streets might get called a 'Manc gobsh*te' by a scouser.

Offline 73October

• Party Girl/Boy
  • A hurricane being born
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2017, 01:57:19 PM »
I'll put the record straight here.  I like Manchester and many of the people there are good kind hearted people (just look at the response to the arena bombing). In fact I was in Manchester a few weeks ago at Media City UK (the media hub outside of London) and it was great to walk around the area.  There are some very talented and intelligent people in Manchester and it has done a lot to build itself up at the UK's second city.
There's just a long rivalry with Liverpool stemming back 200 years to the industrial revolution where 2 cities in close proximity were in some competition.  Much of the rivalry now is around football and a lot of the general rivalry is friendly banter. 
However, when you get Mancs such as Liam spouting forth unintelligently as he has done so about U2 - that kind of talk just shows how much rubbish a so-called street bloke can talk and it's like a red rag to a bull for some Merseysiders.

Offline MattD

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2017, 02:01:49 PM »
Don't get me wrong, I love Oasis (well, their early records) and Noel's still got it.

I don't take Liam seriously, and never have. He doesn't have a good word to say about anyone, aside from Kasabian which tells you everything you need to know.

But seriously Liam - calling U2 'beige'? This is a man who was frontman of post-90s Oasis and the excrement that was Beady Eye - quite simply some of the dullest rock music ever recorded in the history of mankind.

Offline 73October

• Party Girl/Boy
  • A hurricane being born
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2017, 02:10:18 PM »
Yes Noel was better than I expected.  I'd even now go and see him again.  He's matured and got on with things.  It's just the our kid syndrome with Liam.  Youngest of 3 boys...we all know he's jealous.  I just wish he'd get through with it but I don't know if he ever will.

Online georgemccauley

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2017, 02:23:54 PM »
Here's one from our most popular tabloid these days

It's just laughable, who writes this stuff anyway?

Offline MattD

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2017, 02:25:42 PM »
Yes Noel was better than I expected.  I'd even now go and see him again.  He's matured and got on with things.  It's just the our kid syndrome with Liam.  Youngest of 3 boys...we all know he's jealous.  I just wish he'd get through with it but I don't know if he ever will.

Noel has always been a massive U2 fan.

He's always waxed lyrical about them - he became a fan when Fire was released in 1981, his favourite era of U2 is the 90s, The Joshua Tree is one of his ten favourite albums (listed in a Quietus interview a few years back) and he's been pals with Bono for some time now.

As the only songwriting talent of Oasis, his opinions carry a lot more weight than his brother for sure!