Author Topic: New Year's Day, Re-Interpreted.  (Read 1522 times)

Offline WookieeWarrior10

• Elevated
  • Every Artist is a Cannibal, Every Poet is a Thief.
Re: New Year's Day, Re-Interpreted.
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2017, 05:22:29 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'm a mets fan
*mic drop

I'm a Texas A&M fan. If you like watching what should be a traditional power go out and disappoint year after year, then you are in for a treat!

If you know anything about college football, then you know what I'm talking about.

Offline Kmama07

• Running to Stand Still
  • She is everywhere and no place
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2017, 11:06:43 AM »
I'm a mets fan
*mic drop

I'm a Texas A&M fan. If you like watching what should be a traditional power go out and disappoint year after year, then you are in for a treat!

If you know anything about college football, then you know what I'm talking about.
Kinda like watching the Detroit Lions

Offline WookieeWarrior10

• Elevated
  • Every Artist is a Cannibal, Every Poet is a Thief.
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2017, 12:44:42 PM »
I'm a mets fan
*mic drop

Kinda like watching the Detroit Lions
At least they've recently been to the playoffs and have a decent history pre-merger. A&M hasn't won a national championship since 1939.  :(

Offline Moshepop

• Babyface
  • Face Pressed Up Against The Glass
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2017, 06:58:53 PM »
Awesome cover, very well recorded and put together... and great work with the accompanying video as well.

I wish more people would educate themselves with all that is going on in Venezuela. What Maduro has done is a frightening attack on democracy. I can't say any more, I don't want to get banned...

Thank you for the compliments to the song, it means a lot, it was such a a great experience to record it, I just really pray the band is listening and they start including Venezuela as part of the subjects they touch upon in the coming legs of the Joshua Tree Tour, especially in South America. They have a lot of influence and can contribute a lot in this matter. And i hope you share the song within your social media channels (#El20deMayo). Thank you thank thank you.

Offline Evelincastro

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2017, 07:23:14 PM »
Thank you so much for this beautiful version of nyd. I didn't tell you that time but I cried when you showed it to me. It is touching.

Thanks to those showing support for my country

Offline Moshepop

• Babyface
  • Face Pressed Up Against The Glass
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2017, 07:51:42 PM »
Hi Evelin, ja ja ja, good to know the song and video have that power, and you know you are my dear dear friend. You have done a wonderful job maintaining the Venezuela U2 Fan community against many odds, as you have said to me, many times you have felt like quitting simply because the conditions in the country are tough, but you have persisted, let's keep this going, let's not quit, with its ups and downs it's worth it 1000%...by the way I wish we could go to the Colombia concert, who knows, maybe we'll go...

Offline Mr. Sarajevo 20

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2017, 07:55:57 AM »
I love Venezuela, unfortunately all over the world democracy is under attack. Russia, Turkey, Poland, Philippines, Venezuela, Hungary, all very frightening

The U.S.  :'(
Comparing the U.S.'s situation to that of those other countries is laughably ignorant.
+1