This is looking desperate. Hope she gets all the help she needs
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
  • http://www.u2gigs.com/myshows/31519
Re: Sinead
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 07:07:06 AM »
I heard recently she was going through a custody battle. Without sounding insensitive it sounds like a ploy. Sorry, but she's done this before.

Offline Volcanogirl

• Elevated
  • The goal is Elevation !
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2017, 07:44:58 AM »
I feel bad for Sinead, she feels that way for a long time. Incredible voice and talent.

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
  • I know that this is not goodbye, my forum friends!
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2017, 07:48:48 AM »
Nothing compares...

Offline trevgreg

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2017, 07:52:11 AM »
I heard recently she was going through a custody battle. Without sounding insensitive it sounds like a ploy. Sorry, but she's done this before.

That's what I'm worried about. If she does this enough times, then it's a "boy who cried wolf" situation, which doesn't help if she has had mental health issues in the past.

Regardless, wishing her the best, obviously.

Offline ShankAsu

• Child of Grace
  • Can't fight for s---, but sure can take a beating
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2017, 09:41:55 AM »

That's what I'm worried about. If she does this enough times, then it's a "boy who cried wolf" situation, which doesn't help if she has had mental health issues in the past.

she doesn't have young kids does she?  Feel bad for her.  She helped out her friend Shane Macgowan when he needed help in his personal live (still don't know if he's forgiven her for calling the police on him when he was shooting heroin), hope she has friends to do the same for her.

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2017, 10:30:48 AM »
She has at least 4 kids from as many men. This isn't the first time she has done this.

Online aviastar

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Feel like trash...you make me feel clean
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2017, 11:14:18 AM »
What a mess...I hope she figures her life out.  Not sure why her kids would shut her out.

With all that talent and all that money, and people can't figure out that happiness comes from the simple things in life.  They're always chasing and looking for more and it seems like it leads to a life of depression.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 11:15:53 AM by aviastar »

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
  • 2017 Concerts: Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2017, 11:30:26 AM »

she doesn't have young kids does she?  Feel bad for her.  She helped out her friend Shane Macgowan when he needed help in his personal live (still don't know if he's forgiven her for calling the police on him when he was shooting heroin), hope she has friends to do the same for her.

I read a recent interview on him (he's also looking really rough these days) and it mentioned how he had forgiven her for that move, that it helped him to sober up (for a time, at least).

Sinead is clearly someone with a lot of problems and she has yet to get the help she needs for those in order to get better. Part of that's on her, part is on whatever medical professionals she's been in contact with not being able to get her effective treatment. At a minimum, it's clear she has mental health issues (which many of us have, to be fair) and those just aren't being treated the way they should.

I would hope some celebrity friends of hers would get in touch (*cough* Bono *cough*--although maybe he has), get her to a long term (several months) care facility where she can get the help she needs, and then help her to readjust to live once she gets out. She's worth saving and she can be saved, but only with the right help and only if she wants to get better.

Online aviastar

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Feel like trash...you make me feel clean
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2017, 12:27:53 PM »
I dunno..back in 2014 she compared U2's album release to terrorism.  She has also badmouthed Bono after that benefit concert for Aung San Suu Kyi; called him Bozo on FB because she felt disrespected.

Yeah, SOI release was a bit clumsy...but terrorism???  Also not wanting you to show up with your hot mess of emotional baggage dressed in a priest outfit at a concert benefit for somebody else is not that pushy.

I feel bad for her, but she hasn't exactly been nice to people.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 12:33:22 PM by aviastar »

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2017, 12:44:05 PM »
I dunno..back in 2014 she compared U2's album release to terrorism.  She has also badmouthed Bono after that benefit concert for Aung San Suu Kyi; called him Bozo on FB because she felt disrespected.

Yeah, SOI release was a bit clumsy...but terrorism???  Also not wanting you to show up with your hot mess of emotional baggage dressed in a priest outfit at a concert benefit for somebody else is not that pushy.

She does this irrational behavior quite a bit. It's a ploy to get what she wants.

Offline ShankAsu

• Child of Grace
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2017, 12:48:38 PM »

She does this irrational behavior quite a bit. It's a ploy to get what she wants.
I REALLY don't think this is the case.  She needs help.

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
  • 2017 Concerts: Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2017, 02:53:23 PM »

Oh yeah, she definitely hasn't been nice to people. I don't think there's anyone out there who would say she has. But when you're mentally ill...well, you might say outrageous things or treat other people like ****. Maybe that's your true personality or maybe it's the mental illness speaking.

It's not an excuse for treating people like **** but an explanation that sometimes it's not who the person really is and maybe people should look past it to help her.

Offline kango

• Desert Rose
  • I know I'm not a hopeless case.
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2017, 03:06:09 PM »

I always got the impression that whatever she said, the band stuck with her and helped her out in some way. Wasn't she signed to their label originally? I know she was seen at social occasions with them after taking a pop at Bono. Hopefully they are keeping an eye out and have contacts in New York available for her.

Offline ShankAsu

• Child of Grace
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2017, 03:14:28 PM »
Didn't she perform via satellite screen with the band on the 360 tour?