Author Topic: Sinead  (Read 637 times)

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
Re: Sinead
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2017, 03:56:53 PM »
o wow i really thought this thread was gonna be an RIP thead.

Offline miryclay

• Elevated
  • I wandered out in the world for years
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2017, 04:54:38 PM »
Check back in a few days.

Offline riffraff

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • It won't be long now...
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2017, 04:55:37 PM »

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
>:(

Offline il_capo

• Child of Grace
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2017, 06:00:44 PM »

Let's hope she reads all the sympathetic and intelligent posts on this thread as they're bound to help her understand her problems and get better, right?

I for one think she's a great vocalist and has done great work with the members of U2 - starting with "Heroine" on the Captive soundtrack, "You Have Made a Thief of My Heart", and more.  Here's the latter song: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
  • 2017 Concerts: Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2017, 06:21:44 PM »

Let's hope she reads all the sympathetic and intelligent posts on this thread as they're bound to help her understand her problems and get better, right?

I for one think she's a great vocalist and has done great work with the members of U2 - starting with "Heroine" on the Captive soundtrack, "You Have Made a Thief of My Heart", and more.  Here's the latter song: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Agreed. I'm not even a fan of hers in the least, but I would hope that--unlike other musicians we've lost--she gets help before it's too late.

Offline il_capo

• Child of Grace
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2017, 06:32:22 PM »

Agreed. I'm not even a fan of hers in the least, but I would hope that--unlike other musicians we've lost--she gets help before it's too late.

Her music isn't for me either - I don't even like her version of Nothing Compares 2 U - but I do appreciate the quality of her vocal collaborations with the U2 family. 

We all hope she gets help but I don't think speculation about her motives or the backstory of her problems is healthy when none of us know her. 

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
  • 2017 Concerts: Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2017, 06:34:19 PM »

Her music isn't for me either - I don't even like her version of Nothing Compares 2 U - but I do appreciate the quality of her vocal collaborations with the U2 family. 

We all hope she gets help but I don't think speculation about her motives or the backstory of her problems is healthy when none of us know her.

Quite true. We only know what's been mentioned publicly and even then, it's probably only half the story, no telling how much of it is true or false.

Offline shineinthesummernight

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2017, 07:52:07 PM »
Sinead's problems with depression and bipolar disorder are well documented.  I pray she gets the help that she needs and finds a helping hand.

Offline JTNash

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2017, 07:56:28 PM »
Sinead's problems with depression and bipolar disorder are well documented.  I pray she gets the help that she needs and finds a helping hand.
yeah it's not a ploy she very mentally ill

Offline Kmama07

• Running to Stand Still
  • She is everywhere and no place
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2017, 09:13:01 PM »
Some pretty harsh comments here and all over the Internet.

It's confusing to me how in just a few short months, two lead singers from different bands committed suicide...both with a history of struggling with mental illness... and after their deaths the fan world was abuzz with regret and anger about the fact that "no one listened to their cries for help", yet this woman has been crying for help for years and continues to be shamed for it. Will it take yet another death due mental illness/suicide for people to finally wake up and REALLY understand what a crippling illness this can be?

She has obviously been struggling with mental health issues for years, and because she is famous it somehow gives people license to ridicule her, judge her for having four different children from as many men (which I don't really know what that has to do with anything or why that's anyone's business, but whatever ),etc.  Mental illness doesn't discriminate, doesn't care how much money one has or hasn't in the bank, doesn't care if one is famous or not.

As a society we don't shame people for having heart disease, diabetes, cancer and the like. The stigma towards mental illness and the people who suffer with it is cruel and heartless.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 04:23:27 AM by Kmama07 »

Offline miryclay

• Elevated
  • I wandered out in the world for years
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2017, 10:32:49 PM »
More insight from British journalism:

Offline dublinireland

• Wanderer
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2017, 10:53:03 PM »
Not sure why some people think it's a "ploy" just because she's "done it before."
It could be that she had problems back then and still does. It's not a one and done thing.

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2017, 10:54:19 PM »
so is she getting help? i mean i get that she needs help and people have to stop ignoring her videos etc but is she TRYING to get help? like meet with someone?

Offline Volcanogirl

• Elevated
  • The goal is Elevation !
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2017, 04:10:44 AM »
yeah it's not a ploy she very mentally ill
Hope Sinead feels she's not alone, she is mentally ill indeed

Offline Smee

• Numb
  • Im Eddie and im a Monkey
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2017, 08:04:55 AM »
Im pretty sure Sinead has access to way more "help" than 99.9% of us could ever hope to receive, in the same situation