Author Topic: Sinead  (Read 629 times)

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
Re: Sinead
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2017, 08:08:46 AM »
I hope the best for her.

I got to see her twice: she performed back in Lollapalooza '95, which actually prompted me to pick up her then-current album, Universal Mother, which is pretty good.  She also guest-starred with a local David Bowie tribute band which I've grown to love over the years.  Very cool to see her do that.

Offline miryclay

• Elevated
  • I wandered out in the world for years
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2017, 10:09:29 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Not sure why some people think it's a "ploy" just because she's "done it before."
It could be that she had problems back then and still does. It's not a one and done thing.

Obviously I want her to feel mentally well and not hurt herself or any others. I'm not insensitive to her plight. Personally, I just wish that I had some of her wealth.

Offline JTNash

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2017, 01:06:28 PM »
If she doesn't have money it shouldn't matter she's still an Irish citizen she would have universal healthcare right?  She needs to get a pshyc evaluation and get help

Offline shineinthesummernight

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2017, 06:30:52 PM »
Sinead was a very beautiful young woman and an incredible talent.  Her "Lion, Witch, and the Cobra" CD was amazing.  Had she not ripped up the pic of John Paul II on national TV, she probably would have been even more popular in the U.S.  She has a tendency to rant at Bono, JPII, the Catholic Church, and others, but I feel that it's more a symptom of her mental illness than anything else. Praying for her stabilization and eventual recovery....

Offline JTNash

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2017, 07:09:52 PM »
Sinead was a very beautiful young woman and an incredible talent.  Her "Lion, Witch, and the Cobra" CD was amazing.  Had she not ripped up the pic of John Paul II on national TV, she probably would have been even more popular in the U.S.  She has a tendency to rant at Bono, JPII, the Catholic Church, and others, but I feel that it's more a symptom of her mental illness than anything else. Praying for her stabilization and eventual recovery....
I fear she just won't take her meds she probably feels they make her less creative

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2017, 02:40:00 AM »

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2017, 02:41:57 AM »

Offline codeguy

• Elevated
  • If there is a light, don't let it go out
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2017, 12:36:42 PM »
What a mess...I hope she figures her life out.  Not sure why her kids would shut her out.

With all that talent and all that money, and people can't figure out that happiness comes from the simple things in life.  They're always chasing and looking for more and it seems like it leads to a life of depression.
She publicly shamed her kids several times in the past, I guess when you do that once too often, they no longer want you in their lives. .... she has bitten every hand that tried to feed her (including U2)

Offline Kmama07

• Running to Stand Still
  • She is everywhere and no place
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2017, 01:57:04 PM »
Thanks for this

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2017, 02:04:58 PM »
Thanks for this

You are very welcome

Offline shineinthesummernight

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2017, 06:59:27 PM »
Good post, An Tha.  It's easy to judge or blame those with mental illness and much more compassionate to take the time to understand and care, even when their actions are less than commendable.

Offline miryclay

• Elevated
  • I wandered out in the world for years
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2017, 08:23:34 PM »
What a mess...I hope she figures her life out.  Not sure why her kids would shut her out.

With all that talent and all that money, and people can't figure out that happiness comes from the simple things in life.  They're always chasing and looking for more and it seems like it leads to a life of depression.
She publicly shamed her kids several times in the past, I guess when you do that once too often, they no longer want you in their lives. .... she has bitten every hand that tried to feed her (including U2)

I agree, but trying criticizing a mentally ill woman in public and see what happens.

Online Volcanogirl

• Elevated
  • The goal is Elevation !
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2017, 02:56:24 AM »
Good post, An Tha.  It's easy to judge or blame those with mental illness and much more compassionate to take the time to understand and care, even when their actions are less than commendable.
agree !

Offline Marwood

• Wanderer
« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2017, 10:08:35 AM »
I had to unlike her Facebook page a while back, it just became too uncomfortable reading the stuff she was posting on it, I just hope that she gets some proper help and support now.