Author Topic: Best seat location  (Read 616 times)

Offline Sleepytime

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Best seat location
« on: August 09, 2017, 06:10:03 PM »
I have tickets for Indianapolis on September 10th and will basically be at the end of the stadium opposite / facing the main stage. 

My dad can't make it to Indy so we are looking at going to St. Louis on the 16th. 

What is the best location for ticketed seats for this tour?  Left side, right side?  Should we try to sit further out so that we have an angle to view the video screens?

Basically, is there anything we should look for or should we just proceed as if purchasing for a normal show? 

Thanks!

Offline d.darroch

• Intellectual Tortoise
Re: Best seat location
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 08:28:01 PM »
I would say, adjacent to the Red Zone, near the b-stage. So house left (stage right) side. Be careful not to be too close to the main stage (bad angle for the screen), or too close to the far end zone corner (too far away, & slightly obstructed view from a speaker tower). Somewhere between these two extremes, as close as possible to the b-stage is perfect. Obviously bottom tier. Expensive tickets!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 08:29:40 PM by d.darroch »

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2017, 08:09:07 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I would say, adjacent to the Red Zone, near the b-stage. So house left (stage right) side. Be careful not to be too close to the main stage (bad angle for the screen), or too close to the far end zone corner (too far away, & slightly obstructed view from a speaker tower). Somewhere between these two extremes, as close as possible to the b-stage is perfect. Obviously bottom tier. Expensive tickets!

Yeah, that's about where I was.  The screen is so massive, you don't really miss much on it.  The only caveats I'll saw for where I was: we were very close to the far end of the available seats, which meant that when the band was on the b-stage, they were mostly facing away from us.

Truthfully, from what I saw, I'm not sure there's a "bad" seat in the place.  However, I'd also say there's not really a very "good" one either--the good spots are on the GA field, which I myself have never actually done.

Offline dublinireland

• Wanderer
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 09:05:58 AM »
for the most part, were people standing or sitting in the seats?

Offline Dono

• Stateless
  • If I could, I would.....
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2017, 11:38:17 AM »
Sitting until Whole of the Moon then standing for the full show in Croke Park. The further from the stage you are, the more the band become invisible, despite what Bono sings in the song. Despite the massive and impressive screen, it is not used to show the band really. But then there was no screen at all in 1987!

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2017, 12:24:10 PM »
for the most part, were people standing or sitting in the seats?

People stood for just about everything.  Maybe a few sat during Miss Sarajevo.

Offline shineinthesummernight

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2017, 07:46:20 PM »
I stood through the whole concert but there were plenty of people seated for some tunes.

Offline kevincfcu2

• Babyface
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2017, 01:31:05 AM »
Maybe it just bothered me, but try not get seats directly across from the B-Stage on the Edges side.

There was a camera boom on that side and it partially blocked the band on occasion. Wasn't too frequent, but just something which annoyed me a small bit.

Offline monopoly

• Numb
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2017, 12:19:49 PM »
Just like last tour, on the side in the middle. Preferably on the side of the stadium that red zone is closer to.

Offline missey

• Child of Grace
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2017, 07:31:20 AM »
I have to say how disappointed I was in my seats.  I thought they would have been great, lower level, first row on Adams side.  But the stage is set so far back I couldn't really see that much.  And they were quite expensive. 

Offline riffraff

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The storms will pass
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2017, 08:24:11 AM »
I have to say how disappointed I was in my seats.  I thought they would have been great, lower level, first row on Adams side.  But the stage is set so far back I couldn't really see that much.  And they were quite expensive.
Sorry to hear that, Missey...I feel badly for you...such a disappointment after spending so much money on what you thought would be good seats.
I have front row, nosebleed seats, almost at the other end of the stadium, on Adam's side, in September...and I keep wondering if I should have somehow tried to afford better seats...maybe I'll be better off where I am???

Offline missey

• Child of Grace
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2017, 07:30:23 PM »
Sorry to hear that, Missey...I feel badly for you...such a disappointment after spending so much money on what you thought would be good seats.
I have front row, nosebleed seats, almost at the other end of the stadium, on Adam's side, in September...and I keep wondering if I should have somehow tried to afford better seats...maybe I'll be better off where I am???

I think you are better off.  I might as well have been in nosebleed.  At least you'll get a full on view.  And first row is great cause there is no one in front of you to block the view.  That was my only consolation. 

Offline monopoly

• Numb
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2017, 10:07:03 PM »
It's a stadium show, every view will have disadvantages. Even the people at the very front.

Offline Saint1322

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2017, 03:54:50 PM »
Edge's side, lower bowl would be great. I've said this before, but there were people who paid second tier prices that got the best seated spots in the house.

Offline U21978man

• Babyface
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2017, 09:20:10 AM »
I have tickets for Indianapolis on September 10th and will basically be at the end of the stadium opposite / facing the main stage. 

My dad can't make it to Indy so we are looking at going to St. Louis on the 16th. 

What is the best location for ticketed seats for this tour?  Left side, right side?  Should we try to sit further out so that we have an angle to view the video screens?

Basically, is there anything we should look for or should we just proceed as if purchasing for a normal show? 

Thanks!
depends what can you afford good close seats probably around $400 per person !yikes!!!  ;D :o :D