Author Topic: Zooropa (unreleased radio edit)  (Read 475 times)

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
Zooropa (unreleased radio edit)
« on: August 10, 2017, 04:06:26 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

so i saw this on yt last week and u2start's twitter mentioned it today, anyone know anything about this? the comments don't give much info except "its a single edit that never saw the light of day, different mix as well". it's NOT the version that is on the Papaya fruitleg <that's 4:42 and sounds like it was recorded through a wall with a tin can> or the "US radio edit" that's 4:44 <though the US and Papaya remixes could be one and the same> and is 3:36 in length.

Offline WookieeWarrior10

• Elevated
  • Every Artist is a Cannibal, Every Poet is a Thief.
Re: Zooropa (unreleased radio edit)
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 04:14:06 PM »
"The Last of the Rockstars" is a very reputable source on the YouTubes... I buy into this.

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2017, 04:42:39 PM »
it's so weird something like this would pop up after all these years. a single mix of Zooropa that was shelved and not mentioned or heard till August 2017?

i guess we can only rip the yt audio then. if we want to hear it outside of this link.

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 04:46:39 PM »
maybe this was set for the 90-00 best of?

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
  • Nashville, Montreal 1 & 2
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2017, 05:58:24 PM »
it's so weird something like this would pop up after all these years. a single mix of Zooropa that was shelved and not mentioned or heard till August 2017?

i guess we can only rip the yt audio then. if we want to hear it outside of this link.

Thrillo,

This is indeed a official promo remix. I bought this green interference CD back in 93 off of a place called slcd in California. It is just Zooropa without the intro. Nothing different. I still own it.

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2017, 07:02:21 PM »

Thrillo,

This is indeed a official promo remix. I bought this green interference CD back in 93 off of a place called slcd in California. It is just Zooropa without the intro. Nothing different. I still own it.

no, this is different. listen to it again. there are samples in it that are different. the link you post is the 442 version. i said this is the 336. listen to the samples at 7 seconds, 17 seconds, "ultra detergent!" etc. its very different.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 07:14:19 PM by THRILLHO »

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2017, 08:21:58 PM »
It may have been a different mix by a few hours or tweaks. Different yes but really if no consequence.

Offline DoYouFeelLoved

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • Holy Dunc Space Junk
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2017, 04:12:24 AM »
I hear a cool guitar part that starts at 02:20 that's not featured in the original mix (or it's extremely low) and some different samplers.

Other than that it's nothing special in my opinion: the voice is way too loud compared to the band, when the chorus kicks in it's quite weak and at some points the sections sound like they've been patched together by an amateur mixer.

If it's a real version, it's a good thing it was never released as a single.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 04:15:50 AM by DoYouFeelLoved »

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2017, 08:21:45 AM »
I'm fairly positive its a legit mix.