Author Topic: Would you go to this U2 concert?  (Read 1169 times)

Offline ZEROpartII

• Child of Grace
Re: Would you go to this U2 concert?
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2017, 09:32:00 AM »
Here are some of my least favorites

North Star
Grace
Love and Peace or Else
Love Rescue Me
Wake Up Dead Man
Stranger in a Strange Land
Shadows and Tall Trees

Offline aviastar

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Feel like trash...you make me feel clean
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2017, 02:46:02 PM »
I'd definitely go...but good luck getting them to do it.

Offline missey

• Child of Grace
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2017, 04:37:24 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'm not sure I'm getting it.  Isn't it subjective?  Whose to say what the least favorite songs are?  Who would decide?
I thought this would be for each individual...so, Missey, YOUR concert would be all of YOUR least favorites...would you go?

Oh, OK, I get it now.  Hmmm.....interesting....yes I probably would.  It is u2, there worst is better than any other band's best. 

Offline Blueyedboy

• Running to Stand Still
  • Embrace the challenge
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2017, 04:50:22 PM »
So, say U2 announced another tour...and they said their setlist was going to include their fans' LEAST favorite songs...would you still go? Each of us has songs that may not be on our list of favorites, or just songs that we might skip when we play the album. I won't list mine, because each of us will differ on the song list. But, would you STILL go?

I would...

Sounds like the choice I had when I&E was announced. For the first time in 25yrs I chose to stay at home  :(

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2017, 05:18:44 PM »
I'm not sure I'm getting it.  Isn't it subjective?  Whose to say what the least favorite songs are?  Who would decide?
I thought this would be for each individual...so, Missey, YOUR concert would be all of YOUR least favorites...would you go?

Oh, OK, I get it now.  Hmmm.....interesting....yes I probably would.  It is u2, there worst is better than any other band's best.

I appreciate you may be a mega u2 fan and i also appreciate we all see things differently but do you really honestly feel like that?

Not having a pop just genuinely interested to know  if people really think that and why.

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
  • I know that this is not goodbye, my forum friends!
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2017, 05:20:39 PM »

I appreciate you may be a mega u2 fan and i also appreciate we all see things differently but do you really honestly feel like that?

Not having a pop just genuinely interested to know  if people really think that and why.
I agree with Missey...I'd rather see U2 doing their "worst" songs than anyone else doing their best. Isn't that just crazy? Hey, I never claimed to be sane...
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 05:28:03 PM by riffraff »

Offline missey

• Child of Grace
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2017, 10:38:32 PM »

Yes I do really feel that way.  I don't like any of today's music. 

Offline Bono in love with himself

• Wanderer
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2017, 11:00:59 PM »
That is a HUGE Yes Sir...

It would be a classic night.

How could you not..

U2 playing songs you would never ever hear them play anywhere.

throw in

Drowning Man from War.

another absolute classic they have never played.

and also throw in

Your so Cruel from AB.

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2017, 12:04:48 AM »

I agree with Missey...I'd rather see U2 doing their "worst" songs than anyone else doing their best. Isn't that just crazy? Hey, I never claimed to be sane...

Ha...absolute insanity in my opinion but hey - they say love is blind (ness)

It is all opinions but i really struggle personally to understand fandom that is so 'one eyed' as to believe what we are talking about here to be true!

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2017, 12:33:59 AM »
i mean like there might be 5 or so songs of theirs i'd say i would NOT want to hear. but if its like Love Rescue Me, Wild Honey, Crazy Tonight etc. i'd go.

they couldn't really make a set list id avoid.

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2017, 04:46:19 AM »

It is all opinions but i really struggle personally to understand fandom that is so 'one eyed' as to believe what we are talking about here to be true!
All I know is that...I went to a LOT of concerts in the 70's and early 80's...some that were really, really good. But, NOTHING has ever compared to the U2 shows that I've seen...and that is saying something, especially since the only U2 show that I've seen were the two SOI shows in Phoenix. The music, the visuals, the crowd participation, the overall sensation I got from the experience...nothing else can compare.

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2017, 06:25:52 AM »

All I know is that...I went to a LOT of concerts in the 70's and early 80's...some that were really, really good. But, NOTHING has ever compared to the U2 shows that I've seen...and that is saying something, especially since the only U2 show that I've seen were the two SOI shows in Phoenix. The music, the visuals, the crowd participation, the overall sensation I got from the experience...nothing else can compare.

I have no problem at all with that point of view - regardless of whether I agree with it or not...but that is a different point of view to the one I asked the question about which was "u2's worst is better than any other artists best" - which as an opinion of an individual is one I have respect for, is an opinion i just can't get on board with at all personally.

Offline Kmama07

• Running to Stand Still
  • She is everywhere and no place
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2017, 06:35:00 AM »
Interesting as what U2 may consider their "worst" could be what some consider their best so it could be an interesting show. I mean, a show without vertigo or elevation....

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2017, 07:40:57 AM »

I have no problem at all with that point of view - regardless of whether I agree with it or not...but that is a different point of view to the one I asked the question about which was "u2's worst is better than any other artists best" - which as an opinion of an individual is one I have respect for, is an opinion i just can't get on board with at all personally.
Well, now...I can't say anything about most new music...can't find much new stuff that I really like. But, as far as older music, I do think that MOST of U2's worst  is better than MOST other artists' best. Of course, there are some exceptions...but I'm just very devoted to U2.
And, a bit off the subject...sure, I think some of it is the attraction of the men themselves, but honestly, it's the music, it's the sound, the magical, mystical quality of their work...even their worst work. So, I'm sticking to my guns...their worst is still, for the most part, better than others' best.

Offline Bono in love with himself

• Wanderer
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2017, 05:01:57 PM »
Also include Song for Someone on this play list.

and Staring at the Sun and Discotheque.. :'(