Author Topic: Where Can I Find The Single Edit Of Lemon?  (Read 605 times)

Offline Spaderholic

• Party Girl/Boy
Where Can I Find The Single Edit Of Lemon?
« on: August 24, 2017, 12:06:36 PM »
Not sure which section to post this is so I'm posting it here, but please put it in the right forum if this isn't it. I was just wondering where I can find the single edit/radio edit/video edit (in other words the shorter version) of the single Lemon. I have the full length album version on Zooropa, obviously, and have the long remixed versions like Lemonade Mix and Jeep Mix but I never bought the song on CD single originally as I already had it on Zooropa. I would like to have the shorter version too though. I've looked to buy it on Amazon UK and iTunes but it doesn't seem to be on there. Is there anywhere else online I could buy the MP3 of it or was it only ever released on CD? Thanks in advance. :)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 12:12:01 PM by Spaderholic »

Offline DoYouFeelLoved

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • Holy Dunc Space Junk
Re: Where Can I Find The Single Edit Of Lemon?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 12:18:37 PM »
Unfortunately the shortened version running 04:39 can be found only on the single CD, which is no longer in production.
It was never released in any format other than that.

My best advice would be to look for an used one on Ebay, they're usually cheap. I got all of my singles that way.

Offline Spaderholic

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2017, 12:23:18 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Unfortunately the shortened version running 04:39 can be found only on the single CD, which is no longer in production.
It was never released in any format other than that.

My best advice would be to look for an used one on Ebay, they're usually cheap. I got all of my singles that way.

Damn, I thought that was the case. I have looked on eBay several times but the few that are available are ridiculously expensive, I couldn't afford it! Oh well, way it goes. Thanks for the info anyway. :(
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 12:46:21 PM by Spaderholic »

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2017, 12:53:09 PM »
one of the greatest joys i have in life is when i find cd singles like this at used cds stores. i have this but you better believe it took years of searching MANY different used cd stores here in dallas. most of those stores are gone though.

Offline Spaderholic

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2017, 01:05:08 PM »
one of the greatest joys i have in life is when i find cd singles like this at used cds stores. i have this but you better believe it took years of searching MANY different used cd stores here in dallas. most of those stores are gone though.

Same here, sadly. There are very few used CD stores left in the UK. I can't think of anywhere near where I live anymore. There are charity shops (I think you call them thrift stores in the US) in most towns that have some CD's but rarely ever U2 stuff, I've found. I've always looked, believe me! I never really bought many of U2's singles at the time. I tended to buy some lead singles, before the albums came out, but then I just bought the albums and didn't bother to buy the singles often. I bought some that had extra tracks that aren't on any albums or different single versions of the main songs, like for instance Walk On, Last Night On Earth and Please single versions are very different to the album versions, as I imagine everyone knows! Sometimes I'm not so keen on remixed or re-recorded versions of the singles (I never bought The Sweetest Thing as I can't stand that song, lol). I just wish I'd bought the Lemon CD as it seems to be impossible to find it except on eBay, which as I said seems to always cost a fortune on there. So annoying. :(

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2017, 01:27:58 PM »
Just putting it out there, but I've found a number of CD singles on the Discogs website, and often not too expensive.  I'm looking at prices at just over $7 for the Lemon single, before shipping.

Offline sulphur76

• Refugee
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2017, 01:41:59 PM »
Are you just looking for a copy of the song, or the actual physical CD?

Offline Saint1322

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2017, 01:55:50 PM »
Anyone besides me remember paying $11.99 a pop for these things when you could find them?

Offline achtungx

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Lillywhite Called Me a Naughty British Slang Word
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2017, 02:09:35 PM »
Discogs has a number of different pressings. There's an Australasia one the has a 4:42 single edit. There's a UK promo that has a 4:39 single edit. Lots of different choices. Prices vary.

Offline Spaderholic

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2017, 02:29:57 PM »
Just putting it out there, but I've found a number of CD singles on the Discogs website, and often not too expensive.  I'm looking at prices at just over $7 for the Lemon single, before shipping.

I haven't heard of Discogs but I'll have a look, thanks. :)

Offline Spaderholic

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2017, 02:31:02 PM »

I just want a copy of the song. I was hoping to buy it as an mp3 on Amazon, etc, but release that it's not on there, so I know my only option is to buy the CD, but it's usually just too expensive for me.

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2017, 02:32:31 PM »
Anyone besides me remember paying $11.99 a pop for these things when you could find them?

I thought they were usually around $10 for the import singles, and $6 for the US ones. But yes, I still have all the U2 singles I bought in the 90's. Ended up with most of the ones from about 1983 - 2000 or so.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Spaderholic

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2017, 02:34:33 PM »
Discogs has a number of different pressings. There's an Australasia one the has a 4:42 single edit. There's a UK promo that has a 4:39 single edit. Lots of different choices. Prices vary.

Yes, I've seen the Australian CD for sale as well as promo copies but they're all ridiculously high prices. Ah well. On eBay anyway. I haven't heard of Discogs until just now. Is it an American site? If so, maybe that's why I've never been on it as I don't usually order from abroad (the shipping is usually too costly). Anyway, I'll check it out, thanks. :)

Offline The Exile

• Up With the Sun
  • It's all ball bearings nowadays.
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2017, 02:50:49 PM »

I just want a copy of the song. I was hoping to buy it as an mp3 on Amazon, etc, but release that it's not on there, so I know my only option is to buy the CD, but it's usually just too expensive for me.

Closest thing I could find is this: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login. I think it's the radio edit, but with these annoying MTV pop-up sounds. Sorry.

Offline kango

• Desert Rose
  • I know I'm not a hopeless case.
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2017, 03:23:32 PM »

Same here, sadly. There are very few used CD stores left in the UK. I can't think of anywhere near where I live anymore. There are charity shops (I think you call them thrift stores in the US) in most towns that have some CD's but rarely ever U2 stuff, I've found. I've always looked, believe me! I never really bought many of U2's singles at the time. I tended to buy some lead singles, before the albums came out, but then I just bought the albums and didn't bother to buy the singles often. I bought some that had extra tracks that aren't on any albums or different single versions of the main songs, like for instance Walk On, Last Night On Earth and Please single versions are very different to the album versions, as I imagine everyone knows! Sometimes I'm not so keen on remixed or re-recorded versions of the singles (I never bought The Sweetest Thing as I can't stand that song, lol). I just wish I'd bought the Lemon CD as it seems to be impossible to find it except on eBay, which as I said seems to always cost a fortune on there. So annoying. :(

This takes me back to 2001 having recently become a fan and obsessively working my way through the back catalogue. I went to HMV and managed to order every CD single from both AB and Pop, even both versions of the Pop singles where available. It's amazing they hadn't been deleted. So exciting when they arrived as I doubt I'd even seen the artwork before.

Re: Lemon, I have the promo UK CD but don't know what length that is. I still have ambitions to get every single on CD. Might try and complete the mission this year.