Author Topic: Thank heaven for this community...  (Read 230 times)

Offline Racingfan53

• Babyface
  • Gal 2:20
Thank heaven for this community...
« on: September 03, 2017, 10:54:41 PM »
I am a teenaged girl who loves U2.

Unsurprisingly, I find it extremely difficult to find anyone else I can talk to about my love for this great, timeless band.  I'm often told that U2 is "old" or "dad rock" or something like that.  But great music never dies.

I first remember hearing a U2 song on the radio when I was perhaps in 5th grade... It was Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For.  I was humming the song around the house and my dad introduced me to the band.  I never listened to more than a few of the usual songs on Joshua Tree until this past year, when one of my new friends re-introduced me to the band.  I listened to Unforgettable Fire, Joshua Tree, Rattle & Hum, and Achtung all the way through and each was its own great experience...  I had fallen in love.

While Achtung is definitely my favorite album (what I wouldn't give to travel back in time and experience Zoo TV myself!  YouTube recordings can't do it justice!) I really do love all their music and only wish I had more money to buy vinyl records of all they have.

I'm excited to join the @U2 community!  Cheers!

Offline Kmama07

• Running to Stand Still
  • She is everywhere and no place
Re: Thank heaven for this community...
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2017, 11:51:51 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I am a teenaged girl who loves U2.

Unsurprisingly, I find it extremely difficult to find anyone else I can talk to about my love for this great, timeless band.  I'm often told that U2 is "old" or "dad rock" or something like that.  But great music never dies.

I first remember hearing a U2 song on the radio when I was perhaps in 5th grade... It was Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For.  I was humming the song around the house and my dad introduced me to the band.  I never listened to more than a few of the usual songs on Joshua Tree until this past year, when one of my new friends re-introduced me to the band.  I listened to Unforgettable Fire, Joshua Tree, Rattle & Hum, and Achtung all the way through and each was its own great experience...  I had fallen in love.

While Achtung is definitely my favorite album (what I wouldn't give to travel back in time and experience Zoo TV myself!  YouTube recordings can't do it justice!) I really do love all their music and only wish I had more money to buy vinyl records of all they have.

I'm excited to join the @U2 community!  Cheers!
Welcome!

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
  • I know that this is not goodbye, my forum friends!
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2017, 05:19:13 AM »
Yes, welcome, my young friend.
By the way, you should buy the POP album...

Offline Dedjeloc

• Babyface
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2017, 10:17:33 AM »
Welcome!  Glad to see younger fans carrying on :)

Offline shineinthesummernight

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2017, 04:35:20 PM »
Welcome, Racing Fan.  They have a large catalog for you to explore.  Enjoy!

Offline lightmyway92

• Babyface
  • On Borderland We Run
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2017, 10:53:25 AM »
Welcome to the forum!  I just came across this now, and it really but a big smile on my face!  It's awesome to find a younger person getting into a band whose music I have loved for so long and has meant so much to me!  I hope you enjoy your U2 journey :)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 11:06:16 AM by lightmyway92 »

Offline Racingfan53

• Babyface
  • Gal 2:20
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2017, 05:17:03 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Welcome to the forum!  I just came across this now, and it really but a big smile on my face!  It's awesome to find a younger person getting into a band whose music I have loved for so long and has meant so much to me!  I hope you enjoy your U2 journey :)

My school has a tradition of Secret-Santa-ish programs within the school, so today was our final gift exchange, and one of my friends, who was my Secret Santa, gave me a CD of All That You Can't Leave Behind.  This is my first complete U2 album, so I'm really happy!

Offline lightmyway92

• Babyface
  • On Borderland We Run
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2017, 07:55:25 AM »
"All the You Can't Leave Behind" is already a U2 classic!  There's something I still really like about owning an actual physical CD rather than just a download.  Of course, I'm from the old school!  I've always thought that when (of if) I ever actually meet any or all of the members of U2, I would have them sign that album (not CD).  All the light gray colors would make their signatures easy to see! Of course, I would need to actually find it on vinyl :)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 09:42:10 AM by lightmyway92 »