Author Topic: Phoenix GA ticket/meet up  (Read 180 times)

Offline Palerie

• Stranger in a Strange Land
  • Choose your enemies carefully
Phoenix GA ticket/meet up
« on: September 06, 2017, 10:55:09 PM »
I have found myself with a spare GA ticket for Phoenix and am willing to give (not sell!!) the ticket to a fellow fan. My little brother is my regular concert buddy, but just found out he can't make it to the Phoenix show. None of my other friends are big U2 fans (I need to find friends with better taste in music, I know) and I would rather see the show with someone who is as much into the band as I am. It's a much better experience. Iím not looking for any reimbursement for the ticket, but I wouldnít object if you wanted to buy me a t-shirt.

Update as of 9/15 - I no longer have the extra ticket. I've got someone lined up to take my extra ticket off my hands.

Hope everyone enjoys the show.

Val
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 08:40:38 PM by Palerie »

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
  • We picked the right band
Re: Phoenix GA ticket/meet up
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 06:52:21 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I have found myself with a spare GA ticket for Phoenix and am willing to give (not sell!!) the ticket to a fellow fan. My little brother is my regular concert buddy, but just found out he can't make it to the Phoenix show. None of my other friends are big U2 fans (I need to find friends with better taste in music, I know) and I would rather see the show with someone who is as much into the band as I am. It's a much better experience. Iím not looking for any reimbursement for the ticket, but I wouldnít object if you wanted to buy me a t-shirt.

So - I am looking for a "date" to the Phoenix show. Iím a married woman, the hubby gets to stay home with the baby, so itís not a real date, but Iím looking at this as a chance to meet a new friend who does have excellent music taste.
I do have a few conditions:

You have to be in line with me whenever they scan my credit card. I don't know all the details of how they'll run the line at this show, but I'm not risking my place in line if both ticket holders have to be present when they scan the card and you arenít there to get a wrist band. Iím taking the day off work, and I plan on getting to the stadium pretty early, so it might be a long day in line.

Depending on how long we will be in line together, I want to get along with you, so I want to give the ticket to a non-smoker, non-extreme leaning, clean-language using, and preferably female fan (since it might be weird to be hanging out with one guy who isnít my husband, but weíll see what kind of response I get). I donít want to discuss politics or debate current events. Iím not looking for anyone with a chip on their shoulder or a woe-is-me demeanor. Basically just a decent, kind, honest, happy person. I understand this might be discriminatory, but itís my ticket to give away, so I get to choose who it goes to.

Assuming you want to get along with me too Ė Iím a 37 year old female. Iím a pretty middle-of-the road kind of gal, and of course I think Iím totally normal. Iím a Christian, I work in accounting/banking, my family is the most important thing to me, Iím a runner and an avid reader (well, I used to be before I had a baby). We would already have the U2 thing in common, and I think U2 fans generally tend to be pretty cool, but if anything about me would offend you, then this probably isnít the best method for you to see the show.

Send me an email or a personal message and weíll start working out details. If I get multiple takers (I have no idea how many people would be looking for just one ticket) Iíll just play it by ear and pick whoever seems to click with me. This is in no way a contest, there is no guarantee that a response to this post will secure you a ticket. If we end up meeting and you arenít who you say you are, I have no obligation to give you the ticket. Just consider this an invitation to meet a new friend and that friend just might invite you along to a U2 concert.
Val

This is so cool! Hope you find a good match! Maybe you already did this, but you may want to post this in the Phoenix ticket thread under tours also.

Offline Palerie

• Stranger in a Strange Land
  • Choose your enemies carefully
Re: Phoenix GA ticket/meet up
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2017, 09:14:37 PM »
Thanks lorijane. I wasn't sure if it was a good idea or not. We'll see what happens.  :) Thanks for the suggestion too, I posted on the Tour section referring to the post here.