Author Topic: San Diego pre-concert fan meet up  (Read 553 times)

Offline liveaid85

• Babyface
San Diego pre-concert fan meet up
« on: September 07, 2017, 06:13:41 PM »
I tentatively made reservations for 40 people on the patio at Oggi's Pizza/Sports Bar/Pub in Mission Valley near the stadium. It's the night before the show: 6 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 21, Address is 2169 Fenton Parkway, in the western corner of the mall off Friars Road that has an IKEA and Costco. Please join us if you're looking to meet other fans!
Not sure if this link will work, but here's the info from the event page at Facebook Group U2 Joshua Tree 2017 Tour San Diego:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline alodhia

• Babyface
Re: San Diego pre-concert fan meet up
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 02:48:32 AM »
My mate and I are arriving from Sydney and staying close to the stadium. I fort. We don't get in u til 9pm. If you guys still kicking on we will come join you

Offline liveaid85

• Babyface
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2017, 11:41:31 AM »
Come join the meet up whenever you can. I didn't set an end time, but they close at 10.

Offline desertrat

• Babyface
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2017, 04:27:41 PM »
Hi, is the Marriott Mission Valley on Rio San Diego Dr walk-able to the stadium? Their site states about 45 mins but not sure what the roads are like, pedestrian friendly, etc. Thx!

Offline alodhia

• Babyface
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2017, 10:57:52 PM »
I am staying marriott mission valley. I believe it's  walkable as you said 45min. I will take the hotel shuttle to stadium as I am GA in the morning. After the show I will just walk back. I don't think it's an issue 

Offline liveaid85

• Babyface
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2017, 02:51:30 PM »
You have a couple choices, from your hotel, it's less than a mile to walk to Oggi's and it's 1.5 miles to walk to the stadium. If they're running a shuttle, that will make it easy. If they're not, the trolley runs along there and you could take the trolley one stop to the shopping center, two stops to the stadium. I would say it is a pedestrian-friendly walk to Oggi's, because it's not on Friars Road, so you can walk down Rio San Diego Drive the whole way. Friars Road is much busier, although there are sidewalks and there will be lots of walkers on show day/night. Happy travels and see you soon! Christie

Offline desertrat

• Babyface
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2017, 05:15:35 PM »
Thanks for the feedback on the walk and trolley options! Any fan meet-ups day of the show? I'm guessing just the usual outside the stadium things. Cheers!

Offline Chargedvt

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2017, 09:23:06 AM »
If anyone is around earlier in the week (Mon, Tues, Wed) I am happy to meet other fans. Coming from Australia and doing some sightseeing.

Offline WillTravel4U2

• Babyface
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2017, 12:09:25 PM »
I'm coming into SD Thursday around 12-noon, but am leaving saturday... with Fri pretty booked up  ;D, I'm torn between going out to this and seeing more of SD Thurs night!  I saw a posting for an after-show gathering on the FB group: Bully's East Restaurant, 2401 Camino del Rio S., 92108. 

Offline wallah

• Babyface
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2017, 01:28:13 PM »
I'm driving into San Diego Thursday and decided to make it a two-header and will be seeing Fleet Foxes at the Observatory  Thursday night before seeing U2 on Friday. Any other U2 fans going to that show also?