Author Topic: Someone please get Bono a new stylist!  (Read 1843 times)

Offline Yaro

• Stateless
  • Everything you know is wrong
Re: Someone please get Bono a new stylist!
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2017, 06:34:09 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
If you are a straight guy, you probably have no clue how hot Bono was, mullet and all. 
   Yes, the rosary was given to him by JPII.  Despite JPII's strong conservative bent, Bono seems to have admired him quite a bit.
Lol,yes :-) Oh but  I do (have a clue)..my wife reminds of  it just about every  day for the last 20 years  :-o..and Im not surprised at all of Bono's affection for Karel Wojtyla (JP II) as he was a great man tearing down the barriers between east and west..Im sure you are aware of Bono's christian roots..in fact even recently he mentioned somewhere anychance they get (whosoever staying at the house) get together in a big bed at night n family prays  together..he's a good man 

Offline Mr. Sarajevo 20

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2017, 07:57:21 AM »
Agreed he's become a black prisoner. I liked the military shirts he used to wear in various colours. The glasses need to be the square / wrap around style but without daft tints.

Wrap-around glasses are incredibly out of style these days. And it seems to be that Bono likes to keep in style.
...as well as the John Lennon style glasses he's wearing now. They look awful on him...they really date him.

Online aviastar

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Feel like trash...you make me feel clean
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2017, 08:04:13 AM »
Does Bono have a beard now?  I think I saw some images from Indy where he let his facial hair grow out.

Edit: I just looked again...it must have been a shadow or something because it's not as heavy as I thought.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 10:01:28 AM by aviastar »

Offline 73October

• Numb
  • Joy is an act of defiance
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2017, 10:36:59 AM »
I just found out that I work with someone who is the same age as Bono.  So now in answer to the question: he doesn't need a stylist.....

Offline JTNash

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2017, 11:17:09 AM »
I just found out that I work with someone who is the same age as Bono.  So now in answer to the question: he doesn't need a stylist.....
just one person at your work is his age lol?

He is a trend setter lol. 

Offline Catlithco

• Stateless
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2017, 12:54:26 PM »
The glasses need to be the square / wrap around style but without daft tints.

Didn't see this posting before...but you know that Bono has an eye disease, and he probably wears glasses with these "daft tints" not for fun but for medical reasons...?)
(I guess that these tints are particularly choosen for that reason)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 01:24:01 PM by Catlithco »

Offline kango

• Desert Rose
  • I know I'm not a hopeless case.
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2017, 02:16:51 PM »

Didn't see this posting before...but you know that Bono has an eye disease, and he probably wear glasses with these "daft tints" not for fun but for medical reasons...?)
(I guess that these tints are particularly chosen for that reason)

Yes I knew and trust me, I've defended that man more than is healthy for me. I would always call people out for bashing him for trivial image reasons. But I have to accept his choices don't always help. Because he alternates colours, I'm not sure any of them actually offer greater protection. An understated grey would be fine.

Offline Catlithco

• Stateless
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2017, 02:49:19 PM »

Didn't see this posting before...but you know that Bono has an eye disease, and he probably wear glasses with these "daft tints" not for fun but for medical reasons...?)
(I guess that these tints are particularly chosen for that reason)

Yes I knew and trust me, I've defended that man more than is healthy for me. I would always call people out for bashing him for trivial image reasons. But I have to accept his choices don't always help. Because he alternates colours, I'm not sure any of them actually offer greater protection. An understated grey would be fine.

If you have light sensitive eyes even a very light tint can help. As for the alternating colors I think that each colour is linked to a certain environment like blue glasses for when you are on water, and each color also filters a certain part of the light range. So I think that these different colours protect, and if you wear grey sunglasses there is a difference in how you see te colours as if you wear blue ones, for example. With blue glasses the colours look more natural than with grey glasses.
Maybe that's why he doesn't wear grey or brown so much, except somewhere on holidays. On stage he mostly wears pink/lavender or blue glasses.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 10:28:37 PM by Catlithco »

Offline shineinthesummernight

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2017, 06:08:19 PM »
Yaro, yes I do appreciate Bono's spiritual side, especially since he pulls it off with such a humane touch.

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2017, 06:10:01 PM »
Someone on here just pointed out that someone at their work is the same age as Bono--like they had spotted an endangered species, lol!

Offline Catlithco

• Stateless
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2017, 10:32:34 PM »
Someone on here just pointed out that someone at their work is the same age as Bono--like they had spotted an endangered species, lol!

:D

I think he/she means that now he/she has seen at work someone at the same age who is dressed worse or appropriate for his age, it's clear now ther Bono is dressed much better or cooler, and so it's clear now that Bono doesn't need a stylist. I think that's what he/she means.

Offline Luzita

• Wanderer
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2017, 03:24:11 PM »
AB era black leather suit with long hair and the fly glasses was his best look.

I have to agree. They all looked really cool then. Must have had a great stylist.

Offline wlomaco

• Stateless
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2017, 08:04:48 PM »

I have to agree. They all looked really cool then. Must have had a great stylist.

Yes, that.  Major coolness.  But I might be the only one who also thought the Popmart buzzcut and especially the red t-shirt in the Popmart video was the epitome of my I can't stop looking at you feelings.  Sometimes hard to picture the guy I saw the other night is that guy, but I still find him attractive even in his grizzly current form.  But I especially enjoy looking back at the old pictures.

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2017, 12:42:36 PM »

"His grizly current form"....lol!

Yes, that.  Major coolness.  But I might be the only one who also thought the Popmart buzzcut and especially the red t-shirt in the Popmart video was the epitome of my I can't stop looking at you feelings.  Sometimes hard to picture the guy I saw the other night is that guy, but I still find him attractive even in his grizzly current form.  But I especially enjoy looking back at the old pictures.

Offline 73October

• Numb
  • Joy is an act of defiance
« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2017, 02:46:21 PM »

:D

I think he/she means that now he/she has seen at work someone at the same age who is dressed worse or appropriate for his age, it's clear now ther Bono is dressed much better or cooler, and so it's clear now that Bono doesn't need a stylist. I think that's what he/she means.
Yes, there are other people the same age as Bono but this lady dresses very conservatively and in a staid style - old fashioned sturdy lace-up shoes and a sturdy handbag (didn't realise they still did that style).  Bono does wear the same styles a lot but he does look cooler/better.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 02:47:58 PM by 73October »