Author Topic: Exit vs acrobat  (Read 410 times)

monopoly

Exit vs acrobat
« on: September 09, 2017, 02:54:25 PM »
What's better? Which would you rather hear live?

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
  • I know that this is not goodbye, my forum friends!
Re: Exit vs acrobat
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 03:06:31 PM »
I think Exit is the better song, but I'd rather they play Acrobat live...only because it has never been played.

Offline Pride

• Numb
  • North Dakota is best Dakota
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2017, 03:17:49 PM »
I like Acrobat better and would rather see it live, but last night Exit was amazing.

Offline aviastar

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Feel like trash...you make me feel clean
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2017, 03:27:39 PM »
Acrobat is a way better song IMO but it should not be performed live at this point in U2's career.  The time to play it was the ZooTV tour...it's a very moody song that requires a lot of energy and angst and it belongs in its place and time.

Offline WookieeWarrior10

• Elevated
  • Every Artist is a Cannibal, Every Poet is a Thief.
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2017, 03:31:14 PM »
I have doubts that Bono could recapture the brilliance and passion heard on the original studio recording of Acrobat in a live setting. Not that it would be completely his fault, but I fear that Bono's comparatively thin voice and tired modern-day vocal delivery would tarnish the song.

With that being said, Acrobat is U2's greatest song, but I would much prefer to hear Exit live.

U2_One

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2017, 04:14:51 PM »
I like Exit and it was great on this tour, but I prefer Acrobat. Not sure they'll do a tour of AB in its entirety like they're doing with TJT now, and I think that'd be the only way Acrobat gets played live since it hasn't been done to this point.

Offline Rasmus

• Stateless
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2017, 07:40:17 PM »
Acrobat is 10 times better in my book - not even close. Exit is my least favorite on TJT - though I do recognize that it improves significantly live - and Acrobat close to my favorite U2 song.

Online JFW

• Numb
  • Wondering why I still walk the earth
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2017, 01:16:45 AM »
They probably will do it with a keyboard and with horns. - we all know how that sounds  ;)

Acrobat is pretty easy to play for The Edge. But Bono has to play desperate, but sing pretty fast. That's hard!

One of their songs they played live (Ultra Violet) wasn't pretty good imo, and I'm afraid Acrobat will sound the same.

On the other hand. Two Hearts Beat As One was a great song live during IE. Maybe they can work on it and play Acrobat the right way  :)

monopoly

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2017, 01:50:20 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
They probably will do it with a keyboard and with horns. - we all know how that sounds  ;)

Acrobat is pretty easy to play for The Edge. But Bono has to play desperate, but sing pretty fast. That's hard!

One of their songs they played live (Ultra Violet) wasn't pretty good imo, and I'm afraid Acrobat will sound the same.

On the other hand. Two Hearts Beat As One was a great song live during IE. Maybe they can work on it and play Acrobat the right way  :)

Really?, I thought acrobat on TJT 17 was pretty close to zoo tv. The only difference is the guitar which is the same from 360. Bono is singing in the same low voice

Online JFW

• Numb
  • Wondering why I still walk the earth
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2017, 03:57:50 AM »

Really?, I thought acrobat on TJT 17 was pretty close to zoo tv. The only difference is the guitar which is the same from 360. Bono is singing in the same low voice
(I assume you mean another song ;))

I was happy to see it. But I found it boring, sorry about that 8). I missed some passion. O, sugar don't you cry has be sung much better
I've listened today again to it. But I don't feel like he is reaching to the audience. There are some sparks, though. But I feel like Bono could do better. I'll listen to the other versions, and compare them. I feel like I'm the only one with this feeling about this song

Offline Beneathadesertsky

• Babyface
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2017, 12:44:36 PM »
Heck Ill take a Acrobat snippet

Offline shineinthesummernight

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2017, 02:29:47 PM »
I prefer "Exit".  "Acrobat" is one of those songs loved by lots of U2 diehards ("Stay" being another one) that is not my fav.

Offline bfvertigo1

• Wanderer
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2017, 12:58:21 PM »
My favorite is ACROBAT

Offline fardreamer

• Child of Grace
  • The best things are easy to destroy
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2017, 06:56:18 AM »
Exit is a much better song.

Acrobat is super overrated. It's alright.

However, since we've never heard Acrobat live I guess that.

Offline Smee

• Numb
  • Im Eddie and im a Monkey
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2017, 05:07:05 PM »
I couldnt get a cigarette paper between the two. both monster tunes. Acrobat, if ever performed live, has the potential to equal Exit's intensity