Author Topic: What are your controversial U2 thoughts?  (Read 7682 times)

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
Re: What are your controversial U2 thoughts?
« Reply #195 on: September 25, 2017, 08:48:35 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Adding "Heartland" and "Walk to the Water"?  I like how you think!

i'm a genius ;)

Offline Blueyedboy

• Running to Stand Still
  • Embrace the challenge
« Reply #196 on: September 26, 2017, 03:16:13 AM »
U2 have never been experimental, they have explored the experiments of others and used them to produce their own sound.

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
  • I know that this is not goodbye, my forum friends!
« Reply #197 on: September 26, 2017, 05:22:43 AM »
Adding "Heartland" and "Walk to the Water"?  I like how you think!

i'm a genius ;)
How about Hawkmoon 269? THAT would be true genius!

Offline Smee

• Numb
  • Im Eddie and im a Monkey
« Reply #198 on: September 26, 2017, 08:24:31 AM »
My latest controversial u2 thought. I thought the Big Screen on TJT30th shows added NOTHING to the experience. I was kind of hoping for a back to basics stage from the off, like the original tour, when it was just all about the songs.

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
« Reply #199 on: September 26, 2017, 08:37:33 AM »
My latest controversial u2 thought. I thought the Big Screen on TJT30th shows added NOTHING to the experience. I was kind of hoping for a back to basics stage from the off, like the original tour, when it was just all about the songs.
Well, I thought it was very pretty, and showed a lot of our desert vista. BUT, I would have liked to see more of the band on the screen...especially since my seats were nosebleed! My arms are STILL sore from holding binoculars all night. I must say, though, that I thought Morleigh was quite sexy! 

Offline JFW

• Numb
  • Wondering why I still walk the earth
« Reply #200 on: September 26, 2017, 09:12:13 AM »
Well, I thought it was very pretty, and showed a lot of our desert vista. BUT, I would have liked to see more of the band on the screen...especially since my seats were nosebleed! My arms are STILL sore from holding binoculars all night. I must say, though, that I thought Morleigh was quite sexy!
I think Smee is right about the screen. At the start of the show it was just me (alright, "us") and the band. The times the screen added something was with songs with just a background.

I had a sort of nosebleed seats. Not as much as you, Riffraff, but I was far away enough to be not able to recognize the bandmembers than by their instrument and hat. So sometimes it was welcome to see them on the screen.

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
« Reply #201 on: September 26, 2017, 09:16:20 AM »
I think Smee is right about the screen. At the start of the show it was just me (alright, "us") and the band. The times the screen added something was with songs with just a background.

I had a sort of nosebleed seats. Not as much as you, Riffraff, but I was far away enough to be not able to recognize the bandmembers than by their instrument and hat. So sometimes it was welcome to see them on the screen.
Well, from a female (and former musician) point of view...I'd like to see the band on the screen more...I need to see them actually playing their instruments...this fascinates me.

Offline JFW

• Numb
« Reply #202 on: September 26, 2017, 09:24:01 AM »

Well, from a female (and former musician) point of view...I'd like to see the band on the screen more...I need to see them actually playing their instruments...this fascinates me.
I fixed my problem with Trip Through Your Wires with thanks to that screen. It showed what The Edge exactly did. Wait! Former musician? What did you play?

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
« Reply #203 on: September 26, 2017, 09:25:40 AM »

I fixed my problem with Trip Through Your Wires with thanks to that screen. It showed what The Edge exactly did. Wait! Former musician? What did you play?
I played guitar and piano (quite well, too, if I may be so bold!), until my left hand got a bit crushed in a car door. owwwww

Offline JFW

• Numb
« Reply #204 on: September 26, 2017, 10:17:44 AM »

I played guitar and piano (quite well, too, if I may be so bold!), until my left hand got a bit crushed in a car door. owwwww
Ah, you did a "Bono"! You can't play anymore, or just not as good as you used to?

Offline Jono

• Running to Stand Still
  • Sitting at Larry's drum kit inside Sun Studio
« Reply #205 on: September 26, 2017, 12:13:28 PM »
Great topic Matty!

My latest controversial thought...carpool karaoke ;)
I don't watch his show, but I like the guy on carpool, so I am a fan and then I just saw the latest episode with FooFighters...the below was my post on the video and a link to it You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login:

It was one of the best James and team have done, so nice job! I will admit, I now have an odd love/worry hope that U2 hops in the car ;)

Offline ShankAsu

• Child of Grace
  • Can't fight for s---, but sure can take a beating
« Reply #206 on: September 26, 2017, 12:28:42 PM »
i would think u2 will eventually do this. surprised Corden hasn't signed them up yet, as being english i would think u2 would be a band he grew up with. justin beiber and harry styles don't need to be on a third time- get new musicians on.

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
« Reply #207 on: September 26, 2017, 02:20:44 PM »

Ah, you did a "Bono"! You can't play anymore, or just not as good as you used to?
Yeah, kind of a Bono...the hand never really recovered...a doctor YEARS later said I should have had surgery, but the doc back then just splinted it and sent me home. grrrrr

Offline shineinthesummernight

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #208 on: September 26, 2017, 02:53:33 PM »
I have a hard time picturing Larry having a good time at Carpool Karaoke.  The rest of the guys would probably roll with it.

Offline Matty_Mullens

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • "Brevity is the essence of wit" Brian Eno-1984
« Reply #209 on: September 26, 2017, 04:30:08 PM »
Great topic Matty!

My latest controversial thought...carpool karaoke ;)
I don't watch his show, but I like the guy on carpool, so I am a fan and then I just saw the latest episode with FooFighters...the below was my post on the video and a link to it You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login:

It was one of the best James and team have done, so nice job! I will admit, I now have an odd love/worry hope that U2 hops in the car ;)

Thank you fellow U2 fan